Root Magisk Pie For Unlocked Devices MR0 and MR1

Search This thread

Tincan17

Dec 26, 2016
Use a terminal app or use computer and type this.

su

reboot "dm-verity enforcing"

So I can get MR1 installed fine, but the arter97 patch locks me in what I should be able to escape with this command. But all I have is fastboot mode; I see the option in adb, but I can't access via usb unless in fastboot mode, and adb doesn't seem to work there. How can I accomplish this with the fastboot command?

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I'm having an issue with Magisk. Just about everyday it tells me in my notifications that there is an update for Magisk to be flashed. And just about every 2nd or 3rd day I install it. But the next day it's right back again. It's the same version number everytime. So in other words I keep flashing, through the Magisk manager the recommended way, the same version update as it says "successful" every time. Why is this and how can I fix this?

I'm having an issue with Magisk. Just about everyday it tells me in my notifications that there is an update for Magisk to be flashed. And just about every 2nd or 3rd day I install it. But the next day it's right back again. It's the same version number everytime. So in other words I keep flashing, through the Magisk manager the recommended way, the same version update as it says "successful" every time. Why is this and how can I fix this?
had this issue when I was in the Canary build is magisk had to flash the kernal again and the Stable version of magisk

Darkann

Dec 7, 2019
magisk on RP2 MR2

Ok with unlocking the bootloader to install the magisk boot.img do I have to fastboot flashing unlock_critical or fastboot flashing unlock

big ceddy

Apr 8, 2020
bootloop after mr0

im stuck in a bootloop after following all instructions to a T after downloading MR0 what do i do now please help me. its been on the green circle screen for 20 minutes and idk what to do

TheGerbenator

Jun 11, 2008
I downloaded the stock MR3 image, used Magisk on my phone to patch the image.

I moved the patched image over to computer, try to run the flash boot commands and get:

target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'boot_a' (20780 KB)...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.004s

Help!

------------------

Update: Found the "Recovery" option in the file manager. Recreated img and it was a success!

Last edited:

ǀcey

adb is showing device, boot.img is in fast boot win directory, on fresh win10pro install (most of uefi off), av off, running adb cmdexe as admin.
I boot rp2 into boot menu selected "apply update from ADB".
nothing happens!
RP2 still waiting acting like its in a sideload only mode?
RP2s Bootloader freshly unlocked state no 1st run yet
image_2021-04-09_184644.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root by Magisk

Click Here For MR0

Click Here For MR1

fastboot flash boot_a boot.img

fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

fastboot reboot

If you get this error

Your device is corrupt. It can’t be trusted and may not work properly.

Use a terminal app or use computer and type this.

su

reboot "dm-verity enforcing"

MR0 rooted to MR1 failed to install workaround
    If you're already on rooted MR0 and OTA installation failed for the MR1 Update.

You must boot into fastboot mode and flash MR0 stock boot.img , vendor.img , system.img then check for update follow instructions below.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cheryl-factory-images/aura-p-global-3040.zip

fastboot flash boot_a boot.img

fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img

fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img

fastboot flash system_a system.img

fastboot flash system_b system.img

fastboot reboot
    Man, you ain't kidding! It literally takes me about a full day to get my phone set back up the way I like it, and I dread resetting the phone & wiping everything out because of that!

Is there no way of using fastboot to like "dirty flash" the update and not lose all my data/settings, or do I not understand that applying a system update like this just automatically means your data will be wiped?

I got the OTA update to work by flashing MR0 stock boot.img vendor.img and system.img both in slot A/B
    So, this will keep all our settings and such? No need to relock bootloader and factory reset? We'll only have to configure Magisk and modules again?

Correct.
    Do you working now with diff ? so how i understand diff means that we need merge RP2 with RP0 boot.img ?
    Ok, so the OTA packages work like this:
    The package has some metadata and a number of "payloads"(concatenated in a single file)
    There is one sub-payload per partition in a firmware slot(A or B)
    The metadata specifies the checksums, sizes etc of each payload, along with a patch method
    The patch method tells the update engine how it should go about patching the matching partition with the payload.
    Most of the time this patch method will be a bdiff(binary diff).
    When its bdiff, the payload is not a full image, hence the previous image is required. This previous image can be extracted from a factory image, and the diff combined with it to form a flat image which you can flash directly (and patch with magisk)
    SOMETIMES (like with a major upgrade where a diff will likely be larger than a image) the patch method is image, where the payload is a flat disk image of the partition which is simply written to the partition.

The Pie update evidently contained a flat boot image. So in this case, you DO NOT need to merge the images. But with with subsequent smaller updates, we likely will need to do that.