[ROOT] [MAGISK] (Without Recovery) Root your device with MAGISK Without Recovery

Did this guide worked for you?

• Yayy..! Thanks, I am rooted.?

Votes: 67 65.0%
  • Naahh..! You are useless.?

Votes: 36 35.0%

• Total voters

DM2019

Jul 8, 2019
hey thats kind of neat.

Nice. Essentially, your method sounds like that of Magisk but done manually . Question : Does root persist ? Can you, for example, install busybox binary, reboot, open terminal and run busybox? what triggers the manager to create a the modified boot.img ? could you create 1 just prior to reboot? then what ? if u got root still problem solved but if its the original img. start the process over lol ? wait .....temp root with magisk then flash SuperSu for perminent root, wouldnt pass safetynet but you wouldnt have to flash the img every boot ? im fascinated.....w/o magisk to automate process its hard to see it being useful in terms of systemless root that persist but it might be used as a means to attain ole school root. i think u could use flashfire for the process . if the devices doesnt power cycle it should keep root, flashfire boots to the bootloader which would still be the modded img if it isnt allowed to go the secondary program loader (idk but im working under the theory that the bl, doesnt reload the img on said partition from hotboot)

Jason Zhang

May 18, 2016
But one of my devices can't unlock the bootloader. So I can't use the method what you wrote. Would you tell me how I can root my vivo device. Special Thanks!( I have used nearly ways include xda's. But all failure. They can't unlock the vivo's bootloader and can't be root.)

tiberian41

Jun 14, 2011
Can confirm this method doesn't work on a Blackview BV6100 (2019 model), neither does OEM unlock via settings. However OEM unlock works via adb fastboot.

Dec 13, 2019
Flash the patched_boot.img.tar file

Where should I put the patched_boot.img.tar file in odin to flash it to Samsung galaxy j7 nxt SM-J701F , android version 9.0 One UI version 1.1 , Should I put it into AP,BL,CP or CSC ?. Please help me . Badly stuck here .
Thanks in advance

antonello66

Jun 19, 2007
hello, I wanted to know if the guuda is fine for the 7T Pro McLaren edition, in case of brick can you install a stock rom? Thank you. Current Roma: 1.0.5

mtmtumbo

Aug 12, 2017
tried this method on my g7 play (RETCA)

got the magisk_patched.img and applied it with fastboot command, but after reboot, just got random digits and letters (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) and it hung on this screen where it used to say "bad key" (which means the bootloader is unlocked)

had to hold down vol down and power to get back to fastboot menu and then restore from stock ROM in fastboot

has anyone else seen this?

Dlions

Jan 31, 2018
Hello

Can i then install a custom recovery using adb? Will stock system still replace it with stock recovery?

Thank You
God Bless

tiberian41

Jun 14, 2011
Can confirm this method doesn't work on a Blackview BV6100 (2019 model), neither does OEM unlock via settings. However OEM unlock works via adb fastboot.
Found this on 4pda.ru, but haven't figured it out yet.

Because magiskboot incorrectly unpacks a kernel of this type (it can’t, probably :)) and cannot replace skip_initramfs (skip) with want_initramfs.

Procedure *****
1) Install the magic manager on the device.
2) Patch the boot.img image (from the stock firmware)
3) Unpack the patched image, open the kernel in the HEX editor.
4) Look for the value "736B69705F696E697472616D6673" and replace it with "77616E745F696E697472616D6673"
5) Save the change and pack the image.
6) We flash the image into the body in the BOOT section. We are happy with the root.
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=774072&st=25280#entry91068157

Would appreciate some advice/help on this.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone