• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT - Marshmallow 6.0] 60FPS Camera Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nadeox1

Jan 9, 2014
Beware, this is 'my' first mod ever.
I do not take any responsibilities if it bricks/damages your phone or breaks your camera app.
Use it at your own risk!

This is is only for H815 with Android 6.0
cameramod.png

On this forum there is already a 60FPS Camera Mod, with the only issue it's based on the old camera app (from Lollipop - And if you flash that on a G4 running MW, it will revert to the old camera app). Following the example provided from that mod, I've managed to port the 60FPS Camera Mod to the latest version of the camera app you can find on MW. I'm using the 'meta-inf' folder from that mod aswell since it simply uses the same installation method as the other mod.
Beware that this mod do not increases photo's quality of video bitrate.

It was a sub-5 minute job after I understood how this works, so I don't want to take any special credit for this.
Instead, huge thanks to Pfeffernuss for laying down the path to this mod.

Click the image below to view a sample video:

Installation:
Use TWRP or any other recovery to flash the ZIP.
Alternatively, you can take out the two XML files from the ZIP (system > etc) and replace them manually using a file explorer with root access (Like FX File explorer or similar).

You can also find the stock camera ZIP if you want to revert back.

Attachments

• MarshmallowCamera_60fps.zip
    129 KB · Views: 3,434
  • MarshmallowCamera_Stock.zip
    129 KB · Views: 1,345
Last edited:

Nadeox1

Jan 9, 2014
One issue I was experiencing with the 60FPS mod from Pfeffernuss is vignette effect when recording videos. With this one I'm not having that side effect. Anybody else can confirm?

Nadeox1

Jan 9, 2014
Impossible.

This mod is the same as in the other thread (which obviously doesn't "overwrite" the camera app at all) :rolleyes:
But it does overwrite the configuration files no?
Your is based on the camera files from Lollipop, this one on the camera app from Marshmallow.
There were some minor differences when I compared the two original versions (apart from some modes being placed in different places)
It was possible that vignetting was appending because I was using the yours on 6.0 or not. Not too sure, but I can tell I'm not having that weird effect with this one.

Nadeox1

Jan 9, 2014
Yes the app is untouched, but the configuration files have some difference I'm saying.
Still not sure of those difference are the cause of that vignetting or not, but I prefer having those based on the latest version :)

LX187

Jan 26, 2016
whilst i was looking for the stock g4 camera app, i found this and i didnt think it out,so i flashed it through twrp on CM13 with stock kernel.
Now im watching the cm13 bootanimation for 30mins and nothing happens.
Someone know a solution maybe?
Is it possible to flash a whole camera backup from mm?
many thanks

CraigHardy

Jan 15, 2008
LG G6
LG G4c
whilst i was looking for the stock g4 camera app, i found this and i didnt think it out,so i flashed it through twrp on CM13 with stock kernel.
Now im watching the cm13 bootanimation for 30mins and nothing happens.
Someone know a solution maybe?
Is it possible to flash a whole camera backup from mm?
many thanks
Why would you install a native lg app on to cm?! Snap is default in cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beware, this is 'my' first mod ever.
    I do not take any responsibilities if it bricks/damages your phone or breaks your camera app.
    Use it at your own risk!

This is is only for H815 with Android 6.0
    cameramod.png

On this forum there is already a 60FPS Camera Mod, with the only issue it's based on the old camera app (from Lollipop - And if you flash that on a G4 running MW, it will revert to the old camera app). Following the example provided from that mod, I've managed to port the 60FPS Camera Mod to the latest version of the camera app you can find on MW. I'm using the 'meta-inf' folder from that mod aswell since it simply uses the same installation method as the other mod.
    Beware that this mod do not increases photo's quality of video bitrate.

It was a sub-5 minute job after I understood how this works, so I don't want to take any special credit for this.
    Instead, huge thanks to Pfeffernuss for laying down the path to this mod.

Click the image below to view a sample video:

Installation:
    Use TWRP or any other recovery to flash the ZIP.
    Alternatively, you can take out the two XML files from the ZIP (system > etc) and replace them manually using a file explorer with root access (Like FX File explorer or similar).

You can also find the stock camera ZIP if you want to revert back.
    Hello,

How i can increase the Bitrate from the 1080p/60fps Modus ?

Greetings, Farid

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Edit the xml.
    U mean copy to system or replace with original files?
    Can U tell me more about permissions I need to set?
    And please tell me is this solution works with Lollipop 5.1 ??

LP sure works, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/themes-apps/root-60fps-camera-100-photo-quality-t3129460 :cool:

Replace, indeed. Permissions like this:

I've a galaxy S3.
    This mod work on CM 13?
    Thanks.

This is for LG G4 .
    Good
    I'll test it