• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Root Meizu 16th global rom?

meizu16th-user

Oct 26, 2018
Hi.

Could someone help me get this phone rooted. I can provide everything needed, just do not know what is needed.

In developer options there is a a option:

Oem unlocking
Allow the bootloader to be unlocked.

Firmware can be dowloaded from flymeos site. Cant share links yet.

Any help would be great, maybe even some kind of payment would be used if successful rooting is achieved.

meizu16th-user

Oct 26, 2018
Installed chinese firmware. Rooted through online meizu root authorization process.

Titanium backup working.

Will share tutorial once my newbie account gets to post links. Few more posts.

meizu16th-user

Oct 26, 2018
where did u buy the phone? i want to buy but will wait till someone unlock the bootloader, hate the flyme os...

Sent from my Mi-4s using Tapatalk
Bought on aliexpress.

Meizu online store. The only one that had DHL and Delivered duty paid and no VAT for EU customers.

Costed 500 dollars. Arrived in 10 days when white version became aviable...

Last edited:

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
can you pm me the chinese firmware link.
how do we go back to global firmware after rooting?
what is difference between the two? google play store?

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

FYI there is an online application form to apply to meizu for root but it doesn't seem to work on my global phone.
when I reach the page to choose my phone it doesn't show my phone in the dropdown list for "select phone"

Try it here see if it works for you
https://mroot.flyme.cn/

meizu16th-user

Oct 26, 2018
can you pm me the chinese firmware link.
how do we go back to global firmware after rooting?
what is difference between the two? google play store?

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

FYI there is an online application form to apply to meizu for root but it doesn't seem to work on my global phone.
when I reach the page to choose my phone it doesn't show my phone in the dropdown list for "select phone"

Try it here see if it works for you
https://mroot.flyme.cn/
Sent you links and quick tutorial.
I think we just flash global update.zip. Not sure. No problems so far with chinese firmware.
Difference - chinese dont have google play store and there are few apps in chinese which you can freeze once you are rooted.

I installed google play store with Google Installer 3.0 from or for xiaomi. Worked with few hickups, you have to install one item on the list, close installer, install second item on the list, close installer and so. Took 3 minutes. Everything works normal - maps, play store, play games, calendar...

Yup, online application is only for A firmware. If you dont mind waiting i think they will add global soon...