Nov 16, 2014
New England
It breaks my WiFi, any workaround?

EDIT:
it turns out patched boot for earlier May (.11),
it's doesn't match, so it breaks thing.

for later May (.13), the patched boot is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76651910&postcount=1146

For those that aren't seeing the "direct method" option with the mayroot.zip, it is because of what marhensa said. The May .13 update patched_boot.img posted in the 28-May-2018 post by vaibhav011286 worked for me. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: marhensa

ibooth2004

May 23, 2017
Sheffield
I'm experiencing an issue with using Magisk (16.0 and 16.4) on the stock ROM, this happens on both stock 8.0 and the leaked 8.1 build, Magisk works but occasionally when I boot my IMEI and baseband version both say unknown, simply rebooting fixes the problem but it's still really annoying, any help would be appreciated as I've looked all over Google and XDA and can't find a solution.

Dimcode

Jun 23, 2015
Jakarta
How can we check whether the system files has been modified or not and which file is modified?

I never succeeded to do OTA update through Magisk systemless option, always fallback to generic method resetting the system partition which is painful and tedious.

I'd appreciate it if anyone know how to know the system state. Thank you.

xda_joze

Aug 30, 2012
I can root the phone as described in the 1st post, but after restart, the root's gone - the magisk is not installed anymore. Any idea? I tried both may patched boot.

xda_joze

Aug 30, 2012
After you boot with the patched boot open Magisk, click "install" and then "Direct install (recommended)" like shown here
First I could not see this option. :(
.. but after reboot I could see that Magisk was installed, so I uninstalled, and when I try to install it again I could see the options, I think it was also important to be connected on WiFi.
But after, a few times the phone stuck during the (re)boot.
Anyway now I have root (permanently).

Last edited:

Boobseekr

Jun 19, 2016
I got rooted successfully but the wifi is no longer working. Please help :(

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

After you boot with the patched boot open Magisk, click "install" and then "Direct install (recommended)" like shown here

is your wifi working? I'm now rooted even if I reboot my phone but my wifi isn't working. Please help

xda_joze

Aug 30, 2012

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

is your wifi working? I'm now rooted even if I reboot my phone but my wifi isn't working. Please help
In my case it works. Did you use may boot patch from the 1st post, or one from another post from 28th of May?

koenichlich

Feb 3, 2013

I have the same problem. As soon as I use the patched boot.img (tried both April & May from 1st post), wifi won't enable.

ngohoainam

Oct 23, 2016
I have the same problem. As soon as I use the patched boot.img (tried both April & May from 1st post), wifi won't enable.
i have the same problem with yours. this issue occurs because patch_boot file has bug. you can use your 3G/4G to install. after install and restart, your phone will turn on wifi normally :)

koenichlich

Feb 3, 2013
i have the same problem with yours. this issue occurs because patch_boot file has bug. you can use your 3G/4G to install. after install and restart, your phone will turn on wifi normally :)
I forgot to mention - my old phone uses a mini-SIM and I haven't yet received the micro-SIM needed for the A1 :silly:
I'll test again as soon as I have it and let you guys know.

elflois

Mar 26, 2014
Hi there,
I followed every step: Unlock OEM/Depuration>install magisk>boot may patch>run magisk(direct install)
and when the phone reboots I dont have IMEI/Baseband any idea why?
I tried a diferent method flashing magisk zip through TWRP and have the same result. I kind of panicked as I don't have EFS backup but flashing stock via mi flash restored IMEI/baseband. In any case I'm a little worried about touching anything again as it seems it doesn't work for me.
I purchased de Mia1 beacause I thought it would be easy to root...I have been a year with a phone with the bootloader locked and I miss Viper4android a lot, adaway too but the viper4android its a dealbreaker for me.
Can someone help me understand what can I have done wrong? also if there is a way to backup EFS without root I'll apreciate if you let me know :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys this guide is for who want to root phone without disabling ota updates.
    Follow this easy steps
    1. Download and install magisk manager apk latest from here (official thread)
    2.Download patched boot.img for may security patch frm here
    Download patched boot.img for june (8.1) security patch frm here
    Download patched boot.img for july (8.1) security patch frm here
    3. Extract patched_boot.img.zip
    4. Copy patched_boot.img in fastboot folder.
    5. Enable developer option in ur device and enable oem unlocking in developer option.
    6. Turn off ur phone.
    7. Now press and hold voume down+power button.
    8. Now connect your device with PC in fastboot mode
    9. Type command
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    10. now type
    Code:
    fastboot boot patched_boot.img
    11. Then open magisk manager app and then install magisk using direct method and reboot once again
    DONE...

HIT THANKS button if your phone rooted.

USE THIS GUIDE WHEN OTA ARRIVES

7zzqvmfo.png

Click Here To Join The " Mi A1 Developent Group " in Telegram
    Ask for help in telgram group if u facing any problem

7p2vdrvg.gif

ukt8fvhs.jpg
    May patched img released

Download from here

7p2vdrvg.gif

ukt8fvhs.jpg
    April patched img released

Download from here

7p2vdrvg.gif

ukt8fvhs.jpg
    July(8.1) patched img released

Download from here

7p2vdrvg.gif

ukt8fvhs.jpg
    Here is a easier process if you really want to check if the boot.img is compatible:
    First enable OEM Unlock in developer settings
    - Reboot to fastboot (volume down + power)
    - fastboot oem unlock (won't wipe)
    - fastboot boot patched_boot.img
    - After Android finishes booting, install Magisk Manager.
    - In Magisk Manager, use Install and install the latest Magisk with Direct Install
    - Reboot and you're done
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone