ROOT MiA1 without TWRP

Search This thread

kraatus90

Sep 2, 2012
Hi guys, i was looking to make twrp for this device but couldn't do it because lack of knowledge. so i searched and found about CF-Auto-Root.

fortunately i was able to generate one for mia1. now we can root this device without any recovery. :D

Requirements -
1. unlocked boot loader. :cyclops:
2. this Zip
3.adb debugging should be enabled :eek:

How to -
1. put your phone in fastboot mode by volume down + power key.
2. connect to pc, ( make sure adb debugging is enabled)
2. extract above zip anywhere in your desktop and run root.bat file.

wait for some time, when it boots up you should have root access . although you won't see any su app. tried with solid explorer and was able to edit build.prop. without any issues. enjoy :D

card-us

Nov 1, 2010
Jogja
so with this we get root access, a question about unlocked bootloader, does A1 already unlocked bootloader since begining or we have to request it from Xiaomi or Google to get that?
hope with this we can use substratum on stock Android

kraatus90

Sep 2, 2012
so with this we get root access, a question about unlocked bootloader, does A1 already unlocked bootloader since begining or we have to request it from Xiaomi or Google to get that?
hope with this we can use substratum on stock Android
No, it doesn't come unlocked, but you can unlock by either ---

1. requesting xiaomi for unlock code.

or

2. By using command " fastboot oem unlock" in fastboot mode.

i used 2nd method to unlock, it's just like unlocking a nexus phone. :)

ravinder0003

Mar 14, 2012
See the proff guys...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170926-193448.png
    Screenshot_20170926-193448.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 9,603

melmarPH

Feb 2, 2016
Caloocan City
Hi guys, i was looking to make twrp for this device but couldn't do it because lack of knowledge. so i searched and found about CF-Auto-Root.

fortunately i was able to generate one for mia1. now we can root this device without any recovery. :D

Requirements -
2. this Zip

How to -

wait for some time, when it boots up you should have root access . although you won't see any su app. tried with solid explorer and was able to edit build.prop. without any issues. enjoy :D

Oh my gosh! I can thank you forever!

melmarPH

Feb 2, 2016
Caloocan City
Nothing to worry about... Xiaomi doesn't wipe data while unlocking...
Just extract the zip... Get the boot.img and flash it using fastboot...

If you are too lazy then run root.bat

I should have read this sooner. I run root.bat twice.. it did not work.. my partner had to take the laptop to school since it's needed for teaching.. now i'm left with nothing.. unrooted, frustrated, aggreviated.. i should have flashed it manually.. i'm wanna cry. ????

Hakim Farouk

Nov 6, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I should have read this sooner. I run root.bat twice.. it did not work.. my partner had to take the laptop to school since it's needed for teaching.. now i'm left with nothing.. unrooted, frustrated, aggreviated.. i should have flashed it manually.. i'm wanna cry.

It should work. You must have missed something. Did you have the right driver installed?

melmarPH

Feb 2, 2016
Caloocan City
It should work. You must have missed something. Did you have the right driver installed?

I know I have to right driver installed.. I have been flashing with fastboot since Redmi Note 3 Pro.. root.bat runs properly.. I did it twice but for some reason, I'm not getting root..

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

fastboot flash boot failed and root.bat suceeded but my phone does not get rooted checked by root checker.

Same here.. though I haven't tried manually flashing boot.img..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements -
    2. this Zip

How to -

Requirements -
    2. this Zip

How to -

using his method and file.. i successfully ROOT my Mi A1. Below Are What I do and Have hope help others to Root too:

1.. Xiaomi Mi A1
    - - Enable Developer Options
    - OEM Unlocking On
    - USB Debugging On
    - September Patch Update Installed

2 PC
    - Enable Command Window On Not Powershell
    - ADB tool for Unlocking Bootloader Via Cmd
    - ZIp File From his Post For Rooting

3 What i DO:
    - Power Off My Mi A1 Then Push POWER & Vol Down To get Fastboot Mode
    - Plug My USB
    - Unlock Bootloader using ADB cmd
    - Run BOOT,dat From his ZIP
    - WAIT till my Mi A1 Boot Up then Voila Got my root Success by Root Checker after that i Install SuperSU.

SO THANKS AUthor u do HElp me
    See the proff guys...
    Were you able to install Magisk? BTW did you lose all data when you unlocked the bootloader?

Nothing to worry about... Xiaomi doesn't wipe data while unlocking...
    Just extract the zip... Get the boot.img and flash it using fastboot...

If you are too lazy then run root.bat
    Ill be honest. If you are worried about things like OTA or saftynet passing then you probably should just leave your device stock and not mess with it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone