ROOT Micromax A89

Search This thread

prasad12ka4

Hello Everyone, I am new here,

I have bought Micromax Ninja A89 today and like to know how to root the same. Have searched internet extensively but cannot find.

Do any one guide on this? Also is there any custom ROM for the same? Seems to be rebranding of Chinese phone model.

Regards,
Follow the A68 ROOT method in my link signature
Should work with this one too :)

Reactions: dan.man

RootedRishabh

Nov 10, 2012
Surat
CWM Chat..

Hi Guys
I think we can use Spice Mi500 Horizon CWM as both phones have the same processor and screen resolution

Press THANKS if you like my work..

Last edited:

droidiser

May 24, 2011
Haryana
www.droidiser.com
Well i have successfully rooted it by this method :

Tried Installing CWM of a110 and failed!
Is there any CWM Rom which I can use?

Flashing stuff from any other phone than yours can ruin your phone and brick it. Don't ever try that again, or you may have to regret, if you don't have a backup. Root methods can be generic, but stuff like clockworkmod (or cwm) recovery and ROMs from a different phone would NEVER EVER work on your phone unless someone ports it to your device.
And btw, I noticed that the link you posted to the root method of A110 you used was a blatant copy from my rooting guide for A110,lol: http://www.droidiser.com/2012/11/micromax-a110-rooted-how-to-guide.html
And btw, here is everything you need to know about Clockworkmod Recovery.
And as you are a newbie, you should read this too: http://www.droidiser.com/2013/01/things-know-before-android-tutorial.html

Last edited:
Reactions: dan.man

dan.man

Feb 9, 2013
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
First of all, a link's broken in the prev. post ^^^^^^

Now, I want to install CWM desperately on my device. But you are saying that i can brick my phone doing so.
But as mmx a110 has a same spec, even then my phone can be bricked?

BHARDIK

May 27, 2012
Rajkot, Gujarat
www.hardikahir.in
Reactions: ninad.mt

Top Liked Posts