• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root N10 using Magisk

Search This thread

onlycash

Nov 23, 2006
View attachment 5379175
I waited the 6 months and used the unlock app on my metro phone and now developer options says my bootloader is unlocked but guess what? When I go to adb and fastboot it shows the phone as locked still . Is this why people are saying they need some passkey from OnePlus?

What the unlock app does is unlock the SIM, which is nice.

As you've learned that is not an unlocked bootloader.

The N10 is a nice phone and from what I can tell OnePlus is unlocking the bootloader for people with the T-Mobile version.

I also wish Oneplus would unlock the bootloader for MetroPCS phones.

But in the end, I still feel great about having two (SIM) unlocked N10's that cost me $25 each.

andreas__

View attachment 5379175
I waited the 6 months and used the unlock app on my metro phone and now developer options says my bootloader is unlocked but guess what? When I go to adb and fastboot it shows the phone as locked still . Is this why people are saying they need some passkey from OnePlus?

Flipping the switch in developer options does not unlock your bootloader!
As described in OP you must do
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
which will actually unlock your bootloader and also wipe your data.

onlycash

Nov 23, 2006
Flipping the switch in developer options does not unlock your bootloader!
As described in OP you must do
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
which will actually unlock your bootloader and also wipe your data.

The MetroPCS version of the N10, which both he and I have seems to not be rootable.

I believe we need an unlock "token" from OnePlus which they only make available to T-Mobile owners based on IMEI numbers*.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I really would like to unlock the bootloader and root my MetroPCS N10.

* https://support.oneplus.com/app/ans...-to-unlock-bootloader-for-oneplus-smart-phone

Reactions: BTK19

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC

harryspar

Nov 28, 2011
I haven't tried to install any *sposed because I was trying to keep Google Pay working. But I think I just lost it. I'm going to try to expand my Magisk Hide settings. If that doesn't work I may end up flashing Lsposed.

googlephoneFKLenAsh

Jul 31, 2017
I believe it's all based on IMEI numbers. They can tell what carrier the phone is tied to from that number.

MetroPCS hasn't made a mechanism to allow owners to request bootloader unlock codes and OnePlus keeps all this at arm's length.

Good news:
Oneplus finally escalated my request to higer level manager and my metropcs n10 is now eligible for bootloader unlock token.
I just submitted mine and will wait 7 days to get the unlock token.

Reactions: BTK19

onlycash

Nov 23, 2006
Good news:
Oneplus finally escalated my request to higer level manager and my metropcs n10 is now eligible for bootloader unlock token.
I just submitted mine and will wait 7 days to get the unlock token.

That's great news!!!

If I may ask how did you begin the process?

Can you please give a detailed list of steps you followed to get your request answered, maybe include any webpage links if you can?

Again that's fantastic news and it gives people like me with MetroPCS N10s genuine hope of getting bootloader unlock codes.

googlephoneFKLenAsh

Jul 31, 2017
That's great news!!!

Can you please give a detailed list of steps you followed to get your request answered, maybe include any webpage links if you can?

Again that's fantastic news and it gives people like me with MetroPCS N10s genuine hope of getting bootloader unlock codes.
That's great news!!!

That's great news!!!

I just created a support ticket for technical issues.
I explained that it was not sim unlock but bootloader unlock so that the low level agent wouldn't be confused and I wouldn't be kicked back and forth between metropcs and oneplus.
I pointed out the unlock token had to be from oneplus, not metropcs, and oneplus just need to add metropcs n10s' IMEIs to the bootloader unlock prigram database.

The low level agent escalated my case to high level manager but I didn't hear back for several days.
Then I sent an email to them asking for update and a higher level manager replied with a separate conversation telling me that they were working on it and asking me to wait foe an update.
After another 10 days, my request was approved today.

Last edited:

onlycash

Nov 23, 2006
Just to be clear on what web page did you submit your original request?

I'm fairly unfamiliar with OnePlus's website that's why I'm asking.

I just created a support ticket for technical issues.
I explained that it was not sim unlock but bootloader unlock so that the low level agent wouldn't be confused and I wouldn't be kucked back and forth between metropcs and oneplus.
I pointed out the unlock token had to be from oneplus, not metropcs.

The low level agent escalated my case to high level manager but I didn't hear back for several days.
Then I sent an email to them asking for update and a higher level manager replied with a separate conversation telling me that they were working on it and asking me to wait foe an update.
After another 10 days, my request was approved today.

Top Liked Posts