• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root N10 using Magisk

Search This thread

mrbox23

Mar 22, 2010
Colorado Springs
I had read those posts in the past but was still unsure if the Metro phones would respond the same way.

I asked the question specifically about how to do it with a Metro phone hoping that someone would answer me with a clear understanding of how to prevent an update to 11 on a Metro phone.

By the way, I did use search but keep in mind that as an owner of a SIM and bootloader unlocked MetroPCS N10 any posts you read can often be both ambiguous and contradicting as far as if a given solution is applicable to the Metro variant or not.

Again, I was just trying to get a clear answer as to what would be the best way forward for a Metro device specifically. From what I gather once a Metro phone is on 11 there may be no way back if you brick it because OnePlus does not provide ROM images for the Metro phones.

I could be incorrect on this point but again it comes down to not being sure what avenues are available with a Metro phone if you get into trouble.

In any case, thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

metro n10 runs on the oos 11 global firmware, as described here on the forum. Now its running crdroid11 gsi on that same firmware. OTA zips can be unpacked and firmware flashed with fastboot, about to write the script for this now...

ware

kbs24

May 5, 2010
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
In October I had no problem rooting after taking the OS11 update. Now I installed 11.0.2 and repeated the steps described in first post, but after doing the last step to get permanent root, I am stuck in a loop which does not boot the phone. Most options are in chinese, but if I am in English I have options to boot into fastboot mode, which I am able to do, but I cannot get to where the phone will do a full normal boot. I don't even know what screen this is, maybe recovery?Can anyone help me? Which steps should I redo? Many thanks.. I'm sure I did something wrong but can't figure out what.

andreas__

New update is on the way. Will upload the image later.
Screenshot_20211119-121451.jpg

EDIT: uploaded stock boot image and patched image 11.0.3.BE86AA

Last edited:

JazzieBoi

Oct 3, 2013
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
New update is on the way. Will upload the image later.
View attachment 5462939

EDIT: uploaded stock boot image and patched image 11.0.3.BE86AA
There's no way to somehow download the Full 11.0.3 OTA zip? I always have to install it manually thru the system update by selecting the zip. Also have to restore both my boot images to stock as well or else the update fails since I got the magisk patched version... But I normally just do the update and reroot right after. I'm sure there's an easier way but oh well lol.

andreas__

There's no way to somehow download the Full 11.0.3 OTA zip? I always have to install it manually thru the system update by selecting the zip. Also have to restore both my boot images to stock as well or else the update fails since I got the magisk patched version... But I normally just do the update and reroot right after. I'm sure there's an easier way but oh well lol.
Did you try the OTA survival steps in OP? that usually works fine, unless you have some system modifications.

EDIT: you can try to install 11.0.2 via full zip installation twice. Afterwards both of your slots must be in a clean state and the OTA survival should be working

Reactions: JazzieBoi

JazzieBoi

Oct 3, 2013
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Did you try the OTA survival steps in OP? that usually works fine, unless you have some system modifications.

EDIT: you can try to install 11.0.2 via full zip installation twice. Afterwards both of your slots must be in a clean state and the OTA survival should be working
Yeah got it working... I just uninstalled magisk which for some reason never flashed the stock 11.0.2 boot imgs back so I did that myself via fastboot and it started to download the update. Thanks though :) I will try out the survival method for next time because this is becoming tiresome.

andriusign

Nov 28, 2021
Hello. Can someone point me to the right direction where to find Unbrick tool for OnePlus Nord N10 5G Model BE2029? Others fail with "Param failed" error when trying to unbrick with MSMDownloadTool.

andreas__

Hello. Can someone point me to the right direction where to find Unbrick tool for OnePlus Nord N10 5G Model BE2029? Others fail with "Param failed" error when trying to unbrick with MSMDownloadTool.
Go here:

There you find instructions on how to find out the correct device (getprop ro.boot.project_name)

doodalydoo

Apr 20, 2015
The new update won't install for me. System Update says installation problem and Oxygen Updater shows my phone as up-to-date. Local update won't work either. I reflashed stock just to be sure root wasn't causing the problem, but it is still happening. Anyone have any idea what could be the cause?

Edit: I fixed this by turning on Advanced Mode in Oxygen Updater and switching the Update Method to full. This gave me the option to reinstall 11.0.2 through Oxygen Updater. Then I switched the Update Method to incremental and installed 11.0.3.

Last edited:
Reactions: andreas__

Attachments

• boot_11.0.3.BE89BA.img.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: andreas__

onlycash

Nov 23, 2006
i have this issue
nothing detected on some times.

I think your bootloader is locked.

You need to request an "unlock token" from OnePlus.

I hope you understand that your phone needs to be SIM unlocked before you can unlock the bootloader.

Links:

If you have questions post them here and we'll try to help you. Good luck.

3lgato

Jul 2, 2021
OnePlus Nord N10 5G

Top Liked Posts