Root N10 using Magisk

Search This thread

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
As I said before, Oxygen updater is not officially supported by oneplus. You can follow the OTA survival instructions in OP, they work because you temporarily unroot before OTA.

See below - this was from them;

I'm told that you don't get them directly from oneplus and you have to get it from someone else ?
That's incorrect, though I think you just worded it wrong. The app downloads official updates directly from OnePlus (or Google) servers.

I don't get their using google servers - they wouldn't be above deliberately causing delays, while their phones get good service.

mingkee

May 5, 2006
Brooklyn, NY

I'm answering myself as oneplus is screwing up again. I got a notice that there is a new update - global 10.5.11 that I have been looking for. Problem is it's it's incremental.

View attachment 5236091
Since I'm rooted, can't use it.

But when I go to oxygen updater, it doesn't see it and only offers 10.5.9. I have used this app for months on a 8pro but never ran into this.

See my solution posted same page.
Download full ROM and use local update to revert to stock
Run OTA
Download .11 boot on page 1 and patch with Magisk app, and copy back to host computer
Flash patched boot in bootloader

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
Android Oxygen Updater, when you enable Advanced Mode, in Settings, you get this:

Screenshot_20210303-003006.jpg
Screenshot_20210303-003006.jpg

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
Btw just received ota from Metro-by-Tmo ~ 2\28, 03\01
Updated Android security to Feb version I believe.

FYI I didn't take that Oxygen update in previous post, it's not specific to US, don't want to make a mess.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
Btw just received ota from Metro-by-Tmo ~ 2\28, 03\01
Updated Android security to Feb version I believe.

FYI I didn't take that Oxygen update in previous post, it's not specific to US, don't want to make a mess.

No mess - I had already updated the EU 10 in the us (tmo) without issues. Just installed Global 11 over it - didn't notice any change.

Reactions: horsecharles

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
US models locked down tighter than a nun's figa.
Without rooting I was thinking to just apply latest updates (mainly for the supposed 5g improvements), but looks like they removed:

1. System Update- option to install from local.

2. Recovery Mode- all advanced options, it just sits there as an empty shell save for wipe cache option.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone