★ [ROOT][N9005] ★ Rooting 4.4.2 FNF4 & NEWER stock firmwares ★ (KNOX 0x0) ★

Search This thread

Squabl

Jun 21, 2014
Is there any custom ROM after this rooting? Rom like through ODIN?
I don't know any pc-odin flashable custom roms. There are some for Mobile Odin Pro.

MultiX is my favorite. It's very easy to flash with Mobile Odin and the developper, @tkari4, gives amazing support for it. Just choose update mode for kernel in Aroma installer and knox will stay cool:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2776887

I have also used this, but before installing you need to change the kernel to the original or otherwise it will trip the knox:
[ROM][N9005][ALEXNDR] ★ GNG1 ★ KitKat 4.4.2 Multi CSC (Developer Base, KNOX 0x0)

I have also tried Xnote v20, but didn't like it. (It's not in the XDA, it was banned from here for a reason.)

Last edited:
Reactions: tkari4

terry1000

Dec 1, 2009
Hi _alexndr,

I have downloaded N9005XXUGNG1 Unbranded UK ROM from Sammobile incase I have to reflash the whole ROM.

I have extracted the Kernal (boot.img) it has a hash of MD5: CA9971A21949522ADFCCD1831CD8BD1F

However, your KERNEL_N9005XXUGNG1.tar.md5 has a hash of MD5: 7df45979a9c6d25a05f28064246480f7

The files are not the same, how do I know if either is the same as mine and safe to use?

Thanks

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi _alexndr,

I have downloaded N9005XXUGNG1 Unbranded UK ROM from Sammobile incase I have to reflash the whole ROM.

I have extracted the Kernal (boot.img) it has a hash of MD5: CA9971A21949522ADFCCD1831CD8BD1F

However, your KERNEL_N9005XXUGNG1.tar.md5 has a hash of MD5: 7df45979a9c6d25a05f28064246480f7

The files are not the same, how do I know if either is the same as mine and safe to use?

Thanks

If you want to compare - you need to extract KERNEL_N9005XXUGNG1.tar.md5 and check md5sum of boot.img ;)

boot.img file inside my *.tar.md5 flashable file has MD5: CA9971A21949522ADFCCD1831CD8BD1F so as you can see - everything is ok :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: egonet

terry1000

Dec 1, 2009
If you want to compare - you need to extract KERNEL_N9005XXUGNG1.tar.md5 and check md5sum of boot.img ;)

boot.img file inside my *.tar.md5 flashable file has MD5: CA9971A21949522ADFCCD1831CD8BD1F so as you can see - everything is ok :good:

Thanks for the reply.

How do you extract KERNEL_N9005XXUGNG1.tar.md5 from boot.img?

7Zip, poweriso, ultraiso, and nero all say that boot.img is an unrecognisable file.

Thanks

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks for the reply.

How do you extract KERNEL_N9005XXUGNG1.tar.md5 from boot.img?

7Zip, poweriso, ultraiso, and nero all say that boot.img is an unrecognisable file.

Thanks

You need to extract my *.tar.md5 file using 7-zip :)

Right click on *.tar.md5 file -> 7-Zip -> Extract here

Just ignore message "There is no correct record at the end of archive" :)

terry1000

Dec 1, 2009
You need to extract my *.tar.md5 file using 7-zip :)

Right click on *.tar.md5 file -> 7-Zip -> Extract here

Just ignore message "There is no correct record at the end of archive" :)

Hi

Sorry for being a pest. I have extracted the *.tar.md5 file, the contents are,

system.img.ext4
modem.bin
cache.img.ext4
recovery.img
boot.img
hidden.img.ext4
NON-HLOS.bin
aboot.mbn
tz.mbn
sbl1.mbn
rpm.mbn
sdi.mbn

How do you get the file?

I am just wondering as I guess I will need to re-root each time I receive an OTA update.

I will need to extract the appropriate file from future downloaded ROMs.

Thanks.

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi

Sorry for being a pest. I have extracted the *.tar.md5 file, the contents are,

system.img.ext4
modem.bin
cache.img.ext4
recovery.img
boot.img
hidden.img.ext4
NON-HLOS.bin
aboot.mbn
tz.mbn
sbl1.mbn
rpm.mbn
sdi.mbn

How do you get the file?

I am just wondering as I guess I will need to re-root each time I receive an OTA update.

I will need to extract the appropriate file from future downloaded ROMs.

Thanks.

Read #79 & #95

Reactions: egonet

OrionBG

• Sep 21, 2004
    Plovdiv
    Hey guys,

I've just got my Note 3 N9005 and I was reading about the root. My phone came with 4.4.2 preinstalled XXUENC2 and after a lot of reading I was begging to think that Rooting will be a pain. I downloaded Towelroot and started it just to see if it installed correctly. Incidentally I clicked on the rain button and it said done.... I downloaded root checker from the store and it confirmed it...?!?!? I installed SuperSU and it didn't want to update the binary for some reason and asked me to restart. after the restart SuperSU works and I have Root... I haven't flashed anithing and Knox is still 0x0

Ideas how did this happened?

fredrikwe

Oct 20, 2010
    Xábia, Alicante
    Knox OK, but Device status says: "Custom"

I just followed the procedure and it went like a charm, except that at the end I ended up with a very workable device, Knox at 0 0, but on DeviceStatus it says "Custom" and no software updates possible! What did go wrong?

Ryya

Jan 13, 2014
    Nottingham
    I just followed the procedure and it went like a charm, except that at the end I ended up with a very workable device, Knox at 0 0, but on DeviceStatus it says "Custom" and no software updates possible! What did go wrong?
    Nothing is wrong, the device status is set to custom so OTA's won't wipe the root. You can set this back to Official using Wanam.

N9005 HLTE: AlexndrRom-4.4.2-GNG1: MultiCSC: Modem/BL GNG1: Recovery TWRP 2.7.2.1

NixyYumi

Jun 27, 2013
    Oppo Reno5
    help why after i install superSu said "Samsung Knox has been detected. this might limit root capabilities and cause annoying popups. Try to disable knox? what it means?

i just root checker but it rooted actually i didnt follow the 5,6,7 STEPS because it was rooted already O__O should i continue that again can do? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ★ [ROOT][N9005] ★ Rooting 4.4.2 FNF4 & NEWER stock firmwares ★ (KNOX 0x0) ★

Firstly a big thanks to @geohot for his awesome app - Towelroot, so don't forget to hit "Thanks" in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2783157

Unfortunately, this app does not work in case of Samsung stock ROMs: FNF4 or newer :(

Fortunately I have found a way :D A way is based on my very old idea, published 14 January 2013 (but only HERE, because I'm XDA member since March 2013).

Ready? Let's start! :)

1. Download and install Towelroot app (https://towelroot.com/), but do not use it yet.

2. Download XXUEND3 100% stock kernel (PC Odin flashable file):

>> KERNEL_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 <<

3. Go to Download Mode, load file as AP using PC Odin, connect the phone, click Start, wait for start up your phone.

NOTE: After this step you can see that wifi not working but don't worry - everything will be fine after restoring your original kernel (p.5). To continue (p.4), you will temporarily need a data connection.

4. Run Towelroot app and tap "let it ra1n" (after that you can remove Towelroot app)

5. Download your original kernel, matched to the ROM version you are using. Flash it in the same way as in p.3:

>> Recent kernel versions for SM-N9005 <<

(N9005DX, N9005VJ, N9005ZH, N9005ZT users - go to the "Kernel_DX_VJ_ZH_ZT" folder)

6. This step is not mandatory, but I recommend to install SuperSU app from Play Store (thanks to @Chainfire).

7. Enjoy your rooted ROM and KNOX 0x0. All data, applications and settings will remain untouched :D

Report 2014.11.28:

Above scenario has been successfully performed on stock firmwares: XXUFNF4, XXUFNG2, XXUGNG1, XXUGNH1, XXUGNI4, DXUFNG2, DXUGNH1, VJUFNG3, ZHUENH4 :D

I have added DX, VJ, ZH, ZT kernels to "Recent kernel versions", so please let mi know if it works, especially if it is not reported yet :)

Hit "Thanks" button if you like my work :)
      Hi guys two questions in step 4 do i really need a data connection, the phone signal in my house is way too bad, may i use usb to transfer the towel app to the device from my pc? if not which other alternative do i have?

The second one after being rooted could i get the official updates for my phone? i already read that doing so will result in your device lost its rooted condition so, i just wanna know i after root i still can get the updates.

in my experience the data connnection is used by supersu to download new su binaries. so, yes, you can transfer the towel app to the deive through pc.

yes ota is available after towel root. yes, you will get updates and your device is still official and unmodified.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

after rooting, do i just install custom recovery and flash rom?

thats up to you. after rooting, you can install mobile odin. without installing a custom recovery, you can flash a rom. You can even retain 0x0 knox if you don't flash a new kernel.

root up and enjoy
      Hey guys,

I've just got my Note 3 N9005 and I was reading about the root. My phone came with 4.4.2 preinstalled XXUENC2 and after a lot of reading I was begging to think that Rooting will be a pain. I downloaded Towelroot and started it just to see if it installed correctly. Incidentally I clicked on the rain button and it said done.... I downloaded root checker from the store and it confirmed it...?!?!? I installed SuperSU and it didn't want to update the binary for some reason and asked me to restart. after the restart SuperSU works and I have Root... I haven't flashed anithing and Knox is still 0x0

Ideas how did this happened?
      How have you test this if you have Knox 0*1??????

It's simple :)

"Set Warranty Bit : kernel" message has not been displayed throughout the entire procedure :) its enough for me to be 100% sure :)

As you can see in #7 - it works as it should :)

tried it but on step 1 install Kernel XXUEND3: boot_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 my wifi is greyed out now so cant make it rain says need internet any help thx

update wifi got greyed out but enabled data made it rain knox still 0 thx ,,,

I did not notice it, but I used data
      Hello I have the gn3 itv no brand update to xxugng1.the last update. is it possible to downgrade to XXUEND3 make the root and than upgrade again? anyone try ?

Downgrade the entire ROM to XXUEND3 is not possible (bootlop) - that's why my thread is very useful :D

Your firmware is XXUFNG2 (last ITV update, according to Sammobile), so do as I wrote in #1 :D