★ [ROOT][N9005] ★ Rooting 4.4.2 FNF4 & NEWER stock firmwares ★ (KNOX 0x0) ★

Search This thread

Ryya

Jan 13, 2014
Nottingham
Has anyone home through the trouble of hosting the XXUGNH1 modem?

N9005 HLTE: AlexndrRom-4.4.2-GNG1: MultiCSC: Modem/BL GNG1: Recovery TWRP 2.8.0.2

Last edited:

jgkrapster

Jan 30, 2014
Peshawar
my note 3 is not allowing

Yea i try this on my old version 4.4.2 the new version its sayin this (this phone isn't supported )

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-09-00-14-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-00-14-17.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 378

gopzzz

May 23, 2008
Great Work and Clear Steps....

Hi _Alexndr,
Thank you for this method of root without tripping KNOX.

I have few doubts. Read both this and your ROM.. Pls do clear my doubts.

1. Using this method doesnot trigger KNOX. after rooting, CAN I install CUSTOM recovery? if so will it trigger knox?
2. How to make a NANDROID backup in this situation, if I cannot install custom recovery.
3. After rooting, I flash your ROM which doesnot has KNOX through mobile odin pro. Then can i install custom recovery so that KNOX doesn't get changed?

and LAST my Build number is KOT49H.N9005DXUGNH1 and Baseband version is N9005DXUGNH1 can i try this method to root?

Thank you for the Support.

njackson-uk

Feb 7, 2011
Thank you! I've not rooted my Samsung Note 3 since I bought it (used to flash my htc desire and nexus 4 loads before the note3) as I didn't want to trip the knox counter!

Just saying that it's worked fine and I'm now able to write to the external SD card, which functionality had been removed since the 4.4.2 patch (I wouldn't have installed it if I'd had known!)

My phone was the XXUGNG1 version.

Thanks again!

Lamprosk

May 19, 2013
Hi,

I make the first steps and after i click start ...stops at setup connection..

What i make wrong?????

there is the log of odin

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KERNEL_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..

After a small search i found that one step is missing from the first post (or is standard and i dint know it ) to connect Odin with phone needs to turn the phone at download mode ( close it and then push together home button + volume down )!! Works like a charm then and with knox 0x0 at latest firmware ( NH1 )

Last edited:

amk19

Jul 3, 2014
Bangalore
Question

Is it possible to downgrade Note 3 N9005 from XXUGNG1 to XXUEND3 (PDA).
Have anybody tried it?
Can somebody please confirm, whether it is possible or not?

Thanks.

Last edited:

amk19

Jul 3, 2014
Bangalore
Why do you want to downgrade? XXUEND3 It's more better at 3g signal?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

HI,
I want to downgrade bcoz after upgrading I am facing issues with my signal and their is no hide apps option in TouchWiz launcher,
Before downloading and trying it, I just want to confirm, whether it's possible or not.
I bought Note 3 with firmware N9005XXUEND3 , UAE (XSI) region. Later upgraded to N9005XXUGNG1 , BTU region. Now i want to downgrade back to ND3.
Please help.

Thanks.

JellyJian

Sep 21, 2014
Note 4.4.2 FNF4

Root stopped working suddenly after few days of enabling hidden root in superSU.

SuperSU says there is no SU binary installed and supersu cannot install it. This is a problem! If you just upgraded to android 4.3, you need to manually re-root and consult the relevant forums for your device!

Can anyone help me? I noticed that my baseband has changed from FNF4 to FNF2

NixyYumi

Jun 27, 2013
Oppo Reno5
Hi im on knox 0x1 already after i install custom recovery how can i update my baseband to ng1 or should i stay to fnf4? Is there a way to update via OTA?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1413363226701.jpg
    1413363226701.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 244

elektroda

Sep 28, 2013
Could I use this method to upgrade from AP/CP:N9005XXUDMJ7 CSC:N9005XXUDMJ4 firmware to latest KiteKat without tripping knox counter and have root access?
I can update firmware via auto update but I'm not sure if I can gain root access later?
Any hints, thanks?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ [ROOT][N9005] ★ Rooting 4.4.2 FNF4 & NEWER stock firmwares ★ (KNOX 0x0) ★

Firstly a big thanks to @geohot for his awesome app - Towelroot, so don't forget to hit "Thanks" in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2783157

Unfortunately, this app does not work in case of Samsung stock ROMs: FNF4 or newer :(

Fortunately I have found a way :D A way is based on my very old idea, published 14 January 2013 (but only HERE, because I'm XDA member since March 2013).

Ready? Let's start! :)

1. Download and install Towelroot app (https://towelroot.com/), but do not use it yet.

2. Download XXUEND3 100% stock kernel (PC Odin flashable file):

>> KERNEL_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 <<

3. Go to Download Mode, load file as AP using PC Odin, connect the phone, click Start, wait for start up your phone.

NOTE: After this step you can see that wifi not working but don't worry - everything will be fine after restoring your original kernel (p.5). To continue (p.4), you will temporarily need a data connection.

4. Run Towelroot app and tap "let it ra1n" (after that you can remove Towelroot app)

5. Download your original kernel, matched to the ROM version you are using. Flash it in the same way as in p.3:

>> Recent kernel versions for SM-N9005 <<

(N9005DX, N9005VJ, N9005ZH, N9005ZT users - go to the "Kernel_DX_VJ_ZH_ZT" folder)

6. This step is not mandatory, but I recommend to install SuperSU app from Play Store (thanks to @Chainfire).

7. Enjoy your rooted ROM and KNOX 0x0. All data, applications and settings will remain untouched :D

Report 2014.11.28:

Above scenario has been successfully performed on stock firmwares: XXUFNF4, XXUFNG2, XXUGNG1, XXUGNH1, XXUGNI4, DXUFNG2, DXUGNH1, VJUFNG3, ZHUENH4 :D

I have added DX, VJ, ZH, ZT kernels to "Recent kernel versions", so please let mi know if it works, especially if it is not reported yet :)

Hit "Thanks" button if you like my work :)
    Hi guys two questions in step 4 do i really need a data connection, the phone signal in my house is way too bad, may i use usb to transfer the towel app to the device from my pc? if not which other alternative do i have?

The second one after being rooted could i get the official updates for my phone? i already read that doing so will result in your device lost its rooted condition so, i just wanna know i after root i still can get the updates.

in my experience the data connnection is used by supersu to download new su binaries. so, yes, you can transfer the towel app to the deive through pc.

yes ota is available after towel root. yes, you will get updates and your device is still official and unmodified.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

after rooting, do i just install custom recovery and flash rom?

thats up to you. after rooting, you can install mobile odin. without installing a custom recovery, you can flash a rom. You can even retain 0x0 knox if you don't flash a new kernel.

root up and enjoy
    Hey guys,

I've just got my Note 3 N9005 and I was reading about the root. My phone came with 4.4.2 preinstalled XXUENC2 and after a lot of reading I was begging to think that Rooting will be a pain. I downloaded Towelroot and started it just to see if it installed correctly. Incidentally I clicked on the rain button and it said done.... I downloaded root checker from the store and it confirmed it...?!?!? I installed SuperSU and it didn't want to update the binary for some reason and asked me to restart. after the restart SuperSU works and I have Root... I haven't flashed anithing and Knox is still 0x0

Ideas how did this happened?
    How have you test this if you have Knox 0*1??????

It's simple :)

"Set Warranty Bit : kernel" message has not been displayed throughout the entire procedure :) its enough for me to be 100% sure :)

As you can see in #7 - it works as it should :)

tried it but on step 1 install Kernel XXUEND3: boot_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 my wifi is greyed out now so cant make it rain says need internet any help thx

update wifi got greyed out but enabled data made it rain knox still 0 thx ,,,

I did not notice it, but I used data
    Hello I have the gn3 itv no brand update to xxugng1.the last update. is it possible to downgrade to XXUEND3 make the root and than upgrade again? anyone try ?

Downgrade the entire ROM to XXUEND3 is not possible (bootlop) - that's why my thread is very useful :D

Your firmware is XXUFNG2 (last ITV update, according to Sammobile), so do as I wrote in #1 :D