• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[root] New Google Assistant on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

Search This thread

rishabhpatel9

Sep 21, 2019
I'm using the latest version of iON OS on my phone. (4gb variant) along with the latest Google beta app. I was able to enable the new Google Assistant by following these steps here
<Mod edit>

It's working perfectly ?
It doesn't matter if your phone values are not pixel 3 by default as said in the post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Google_20200116-023507.jpg
    Screenshot_Google_20200116-023507.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 601
Last edited by a moderator:

mujammil786

Sep 16, 2013
I'm using the latest version of iON OS on my phone. (4gb variant) along with the latest Google beta app. I was able to enable the new Google Assistant by following these steps here
<Mod edit>
It's working perfectly
It doesn't matter if your phone values are not pixel 3 by default as said in the post.
Can you mention the steps you did. Bcz i tried everything according to that post but not working.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
@rishabhpatel9 I removed the link to reddit from your OP. Please feel free to explain or describe the procedure.
XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.

• Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
    A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
    B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

rishabhpatel9

Sep 21, 2019
Can you mention the steps you did. Bcz i tried everything according to that post but not working.

You should have the latest google app (BETA) installed. (I'm not sure if it works with alpha build. If you're on alpha build, join the beta program)

Install Magisk Hide Props Config and busybox(required for hide props config). Reboot after installing.

Download any terminal(I use termux), and open it.

Type su, press enter.

Now, we'll emulate the device model as Pixel 4. Type props, press enter.

Now select Add/edit custom props, and one by one add the following props(verify on each prop the current value should be Pixel 3. No need to restart after adding each prop, you can do it after adding all 4).

Add a new prop ro.product.model, press enter. Enter new value as Pixel 4.

Add a new prop ro.product.odm.model, press enter. Enter new value as Pixel 4.

Add a new prop ro.product.product.model, press enter. Enter new value as Pixel 4.

Add a new prop ro.product.vendor.model, press enter. Enter new value as Pixel 4.

Reboot.

Install this apk as well, it's required for downloading the required data.

Make sure wifi is connected. (set to unmetered if possible)
Wait for a few minutes after rebooting and try opening the Google assistant using gestures. It will download additional data and will soon be up after that. (Make sure to give it time.)

The thin four light strip might not show up at the bottom (mine doesn't) but say some command and it will be executed. make sure to use the swipe diagonal gesture. Also I have been unable to enable voice match to activate assistant even though the languages are set to english(us).

You can also enable continued conversation option from settings.

maverickronny

Apr 16, 2009
<Mod edit>

It's working perfectly

whats new in the new assistant?