• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root Nexus 5x Oreo 8.1 with SuperSU

Search This thread
G

GuestX0024

I didn't found here something for rooting Nexus 5x with Oreo 8.1 Security Patch February 2018 just with SuperSU and Magisk isn't always an option(for me).
Required: unlocked bootloader, TWRP 3.2.1-0 installed
Go to Playstore and install Chainfires SuperSU v2.82. Download the attached file and put it to your internal storage. Reboot to TWRP and install SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip. Reboot to system. After two reboots you will be back in system and SuperSU is working. If you don't install the app first through Playstore, you won't find any SuperSU in your app list. I don't know why, but this way worked for me and i tried it several times, because i didn' want to have Magisk on this phone. Viper4android is also working without any problems. Hope this helps anybody with the same problem.

Attachments

• SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 17,602

bluemarine57

May 26, 2011
Turin
I didn't found here something for rooting Nexus 5x with Oreo 8.1 Security Patch February 2018 just with SuperSU and Magisk isn't always an option(for me).
Required: unlocked bootloader, TWRP 3.2.1-0 installed
Go to Playstore and install Chainfires SuperSU v2.82. Download the attached file and put it to your internal storage. Reboot to TWRP and install SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip. Reboot to system. After two reboots you will be back in system and SuperSU is working. If you don't install the app first through Playstore, you won't find any SuperSU in your app list. I don't know why, but this way worked for me and i tried it several times, because i didn' want to have Magisk on this phone. Viper4android is also working without any problems. Hope this helps anybody with the same problem.

Thank you for your post.
I've tried several times to root the Nexus 5x only flashing the SuperSU by fastboot but I never rooted the phone.
I followed your suggestions and now it works.
Also the version of SuperSu to flash was different. I kept flashing an S3 while the one published by you was an S5.
Thank you.

G

GuestX0024

Thank you for your post.
I've tried several times to root the Nexus 5x only flashing the SuperSU by fastboot but I never rooted the phone.
I followed your suggestions and now it works.
Also the version of SuperSu to flash was different. I kept flashing an S3 while the one published by you was an S5.
Thank you.

Your very welcome. Nice to see that I could help you

gqqnbig

May 30, 2016
It works like a charm, thanks so much!!

I failed in the past because I installed SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip first, then install SuperSU app. SuperSU app then needs to update binary, then the phone stuck.

EXIMUS488

Aug 3, 2018
Funciono en mi Moto G4 con AOSP Extended 5.6/Oreo 8.1, no crei que me fuera a funcionar y probe con el root checker
mod edit - translation added
I run on my Moto G4 with AOSP Extended 5.6 / Oreo 8.1, I did not think it would work and probe with the root checker

Last edited by a moderator: