[ROOT, NON-ROOT] [Android 10, 11 and 12] Debloat Script - v1.1

Search This thread

jgruberman

Dec 6, 2011
Dallas
If I want to keep apps on this list, do I remove the entire line or just put ## before it?

Last edited:

mgagnequebec

Aug 3, 2017
Nice script! I had to edit this post tho. Something I wasn't aware of just came up. I apologize for speaking too soon Turns out I won't be able to try it.

Last edited:

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
I ran this Debloat script on OneUI 2.5 and now upgraded to OneUI 3.0 and I thought we should re run this script but it was not necessary. Everything working fine. Just wanted to let ppl know.

I don't know if it is a placebo effect but after debloating, autofocus in the stock camera improved significantly, like there is no AF problem anymore.
I guess AF bug culprit is Bixby?
Thank you for your feedback!

It's good to have a master like Serajr here (I remember xperia period too ... or old HTC HD2 ? ^^)

I'm afraid to try this on android 11 non-root, I checked debloat-list and I'm not sure to understand

E.g : if I want to keep Facebook, I write "##" before and if I want to remove I let only "#" in the list ?
If I want to keep apps on this list, do I remove the entire line or just put ## before it?
Thanks mate!
You can either mark out with "#" (single is enough) or delete the line from the script, so corresponding app won't be touched.

So I did a fresh install of OneUI 3.0 and ran the script directly after. Works wonderfully.
Thanks a lot 😀
Glad to know that!

golfgtiedition30

Dec 2, 2012
Sony Xperia Z
Samsung Galaxy Ace II
So after a clean install of OneUI 3.0 and running the script , battery has improved a lot. 9h SOT 👍
Screenshot_20201213-231334_Device care.jpg

Reactions: serajr

Shialie

May 5, 2013
Guys you don't have to wipe data to bring back packages.

Commands:

adb shell
- this will connect your device after you confirmed the connection on your phone

cmd package install-existing package.name.example
- this will reinstall the uninstalled package

example Bixby package names:
"com.samsung.android.app.settings.bixby"
"com.samsung.android.app.routines"
"com.samsung.android.bixby.service"
"com.samsung.android.bixby.agent"
"com.samsung.android.bixbyvision.framework"
"com.samsung.android.bixby.wakeup"
"com.samsung.android.bixby.agent.dummy"
"com.samsung.android.visionintelligence"
"com.samsung.systemui.bixby2"

WITHOUT QUOTES

All package names attached to this post btw

I've run your tool without modification but now I have 2 major issues:
1. My phone keeps rebooting randomly every 5 minutes
2. There's a few apps that Id want back (Spotify, Netflix, Linkedin, Bixby routines). When i run the ADB command I get Package com.spotify.music new state: default instead of state enabled

Can you help please

Attachments

• Package names.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 283

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
So after a clean install of OneUI 3.0 and running the script , battery has improved a lot. 9h SOT 👍

Any plan on cooking a little rooted & debloated rom to flash esaly on TWRP ? :)
I don't think so.
I'm actually working on a xposed module to the stock one ui home launcher, with a bunch of new features (like I did > here < to xperia devices) - no eta!

Commands:

adb shell
- this will connect your device after you confirmed the connection on your phone

Exactly, and instructions are in the debloat script itself (thanks for helping on clarify that)!

Witch command is it with a terminal on device ? (I don't have laptop for several days and I need "Routines" back)
cmd package install-existing com.samsung.android.app.routines
(and maybe others - look into debloat_list.sh under # bixby line)

Reactions: ric69

CapitalZ21

Jan 27, 2021
Hi there. I just learned about this thread in a group. I'm on A10 stock , UI 2.5.
My device is samsung A51. Does this script apply to my device s well. Thanks in advance

Reactions: serajr

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Hi there. I just learned about this thread in a group. I'm on A10 stock , UI 2.5.
My device is samsung A51. Does this script apply to my device s well. Thanks in advance
Glad to know that! Thx.

Script seems to be working very well, thanks!
What's the purpose of aapt_arm_pie?
Thank you!

It is to get app names from apks to display. Nothing more than this.
Exactly! Thank you for the support!!

zrzhu

Oct 22, 2011
Can anyone explain the non-root version? Do I need to go through the debloat_list.sh to remove the "#" or "##" in order to remove the app? There's "#" and "##" in the debloat_list.sh. It seems "##" related to non-root only?

So if I want to remove bixby (below copied from the script), i'll need to remove the "#"? Thanks.

# bixby

Can anyone explain the non-root version? Do I need to go through the debloat_list.sh to remove the "#" or "##" in order to remove the app? There's "#" and "##" in the debloat_list.sh. It seems "##" related to non-root only?

So if I want to remove bixby (below copied from the script), i'll need to remove the "#"? Thanks.

# bixby

Um... I think you're replying to the wrong script! I think you should be replying to: https://xdaforums.com/t/root-non-root-android-10-11-debloat-script-v1-0.4169015/

My debloat layout looks a bit different and there is no debloat_list.sh file 😂

IMPORTANT EDIT: Lol I'm really stupid read my post below

Last edited:

zrzhu

Oct 22, 2011
Um... I think you're replying to the wrong script! I think you should be replying to: https://xdaforums.com/t/root-non-root-android-10-11-debloat-script-v1-0.4169015/

My debloat layout looks a bit different and there is no debloat_list.sh file 😂
um I think i'm in the right place. When I unzip the v1.0_NON-ROOT_S20_Debloat-Uninstall_By_Serajr, there's debloat_list.sh in the files folder. When I click the link you gave me, it came back here. I'm super confused now.

um I think i'm in the right place. When I unzip the v1.0_NON-ROOT_S20_Debloat-Uninstall_By_Serajr, there's debloat_list.sh in the files folder. When I click the link you gave me, it came back here. I'm super confused now.
Oh sorry my fault. I HAVE NO IDEA why I get notifications for this debloat script lol I was convinced that this thread is about my debloat script as I also made one (not an ad or anything lol):

The link I posted was a link to this post idk how I didnt notice that. I am also very confused 😂 !

EDIT: just to be clear: I got a notification that someone replied to a thread I'm watching and it said something with debloat so I was convinced that this was linked to my thread. So I saw someone (you) commenting here about the other debloat script thinking you were commenting in my thread so I told you that you are in the wrong place but I was in the wrong place. Sorry my bad xD

taanneth

Apr 19, 2021
I ran into trouble while running this so I though I'd post my fix:
I want to use DEX with my phone, but it would not lauch after running the script.
I have no idea what I'm doing, but I believe "com.sec.android.app.desktoplauncher" should be under the 'dex' tab in debloat_list (currently just under 'samsung')

I was able to get it running after also exempting it, so if anyone else has this issue, try this.

zrzhu

Oct 22, 2011
I ran the debloat script. it worked really well. One question: which app do I need to enable to get back "Ok google" command? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Requeriments (commom):
    - Windows/Linux computer
    - USB debugging enabled (Developer settings)

Linux users:

COMMON
    Code:
    adb push debloat_list.sh /data/local/tmp
    adb push aapt_arm_pie /data/local/tmp
    adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/debloat_list.sh
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/aapt_arm_pie
    NON-ROOT
    Code:
    adb shell /data/local/tmp/debloat_list.sh
    ROOT
    Code:
    adb shell
    su -l
    /data/local/tmp/debloat_list.sh
    (su -l opens a login shell as root on the android phone)

ROOT - REMOVE APPS - How to:
    1. Download always the latest version available (attached below)
    2. Disable any Magisk Module installed and reboot (IMPORTANT STEP, DO NOT SKIP IT)
    3. Unpack and run debloat-remove.bat (run it at least twice!)
    4. Enable Magisk Modules again
    5. Done!

ROOT Notes:
    - Before run the debloat script, you have a change to take a look on its "unwanted apps list " at \files\debloat_list.sh
    - Root debloat script does not remove the bloatwares folders, instead, it moves them to a backup folder, located at /system/_debloat_backup
    - /system/_debloat_backup stores all "removed" apps folders, and before you manually delete this folder (and if you want to), you have a chance to revert back the changes made by the script
    - Updated bloatwares: They'll need to be uninstalled/disabled manually

NON-ROOT - UNINSTALL APPS ONLY - How to:
    1. Download always the latest version available (attached below)
    2. Unpack and run debloat-uninstall.bat (run it at least twice!)
    3. Done!

NON-ROOT Notes:
    - Before run the debloat script, you have a change to take a look on its "unwanted apps list " at \files\debloat_list.sh
    - debloat_list.sh: Commented out lines (starting with #) will be ignored (their respective apps will not be uninstalled)
    - Debloat script does not remove apps containers (apk files/folders)
    - Updated bloatwares: They'll need to be uninstalled manually (Settings > Apps > "APP" > Uninstall/Deactivate)

Retrieving installed apps info (PACKAGE | APK LOCATION | LABEL):
    1. Download v1.0_List_Installed_Apps_Info_By_Serajr.zip (attached below)
    2. Unpack and run list_installed_apps_info.bat and wait a minute or two (ignore errors, if any)
    3. installed-apps-info.txt file will be created
    4. Done!

Special thanks:
    - @hmy65 (Debloat list, used as base)

Enjoy it!

Commands:

adb shell

example Bixby package names:

WITHOUT QUOTES

All package names attached to this post btw

I've run your tool without modification but now I have 2 major issues:
    1. My phone keeps rebooting randomly every 5 minutes
    2. There's a few apps that Id want back (Spotify, Netflix, Linkedin, Bixby routines). When i run the ADB command I get Package com.spotify.music new state: default instead of state enabled

Can you help please
    I ran this Debloat script on OneUI 2.5 and now upgraded to OneUI 3.0 and I thought we should re run this script but it was not necessary. Everything working fine. Just wanted to let ppl know.

I don't know if it is a placebo effect but after debloating, autofocus in the stock camera improved significantly, like there is no AF problem anymore.
    I guess AF bug culprit is Bixby?

It's good to have a master like Serajr here (I remember xperia period too ... or old HTC HD2 ? ^^)

I'm afraid to try this on android 11 non-root, I checked debloat-list and I'm not sure to understand

E.g : if I want to keep Facebook, I write "##" before and if I want to remove I let only "#" in the list ?
    Thanks mate!
    You can either mark out with "#" (single is enough) or delete the line from the script, so corresponding app won't be touched.

So I did a fresh install of OneUI 3.0 and ran the script directly after. Works wonderfully.
    Thanks a lot 😀
    Glad to know that!
    Some xposed (lsposed) modules (One UI Android 12) I wrote can be found here
    Thanks a lot 😀