[ROOT, NON-ROOT] [OREO, PIE, Q] [/system /oem /vendor] Debloat Script - v1.6

Search This thread

mismarca

Mar 14, 2015
Lol nvm, I found the way to do it manually by using the de-bloat list.
What I've is, I copied all the list from the 1.6 root de-bloat list and add "pm uninstall -k --user 0" line at the beginning of all the list. This will uninstall the stuffs instead of moving them into the backup so be careful.

Now for non-root user all have to do is activate USB debugging on the phone via developer setting,
Connect the phone to PC,
Open cmd in PC and type adb devices and press enter to see if your device is attached or not (press allow for permission on phone if needed),
Type adb shell and press enter, then copy-paste all the code in the attachment below.
It will take some time for the code to run though uninstalling the listed things.

I did found that there are some things that are failed to uninstall so I have to do it manually typing the name.
I did check for ram usage before and after. It only clean like 100mb worth of RAM and making the average percentage usage from 60% to 58%. Unfortunately I forgot to monitor the free space, but from rough estimate on my brain memory it should clean around 1GB I think > _>. For battery usage, I don't know lol.

Attachments

• v1.6_NON-ROOT_XZ2_Debloat-Remove_By_Serajr.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 7

mismarca

Mar 14, 2015
Uninstall script for NON-ROOT devices is missing from original post or not found !, only remove script is present , on my non-rooted device it does nothing, how to solve this or create uninstall script instead ?

This will uninstall the stuffs instead of moving them into the backup so be careful.

Now for non-root user all have to do is activate USB debugging on the phone via developer setting,
Connect the phone to PC,
Open cmd in PC and type adb devices and press enter to see if your device is attached or not (press allow for permission on phone if needed),
Type adb shell and press enter, then copy-paste all the code in the attachment below.
It will take some time for the code to run though uninstalling the listed things.

I did found that there are some things that are failed to uninstall so I have to do it manually typing the name.
I did check for ram usage before and after. It only clean like 100mb worth of RAM and making the average percentage usage from 60% to 58%. Unfortunately I forgot to monitor the free space, but from rough estimate on my brain memory it should clean around 1GB I think > _>. For battery usage, I don't know lol.

Attachments

• v1.6_NON-ROOT_XZ2_Debloat-Remove_By_Serajr.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Requeriments:
    - Windows computer
    - Xperia device
    - Sony stock firmware
    - USB debugging enabled (Developer settings)

Linux users:
    - Please, take a look at here ( thanks @MartinX3 ), and here ( thanks @moosmutzel )

ROOT - REMOVE APPS - How to:
    1. Download always the latest version available (attached below)
    2. Disable any Magisk Module installed and reboot (IMPORTANT STEP, DO NOT SKIP IT)
    3. Unpack and run debloat-remove.bat
    4. Enable Magisk Modules again
    5. Done!

ROOT Notes:
    - Root debloat script does not really remove the bloatwares folders, instead, it moves them to a backup folder, located at /system/_debloat_backup
    - /system/_debloat_backup stores all "removed" apps folders, and before you manually delete this folder (if you want to), you have a chance to revert back the changes made by the script
    - Before run the debloat script (if you want to), you can take a look on its "unwanted apps list " at \files\debloat_list.sh
    - Updated bloatwares: They'll need to be uninstalled manually
    - First boot may take a while

NON-ROOT - UNINSTALL APPS ONLY - How to:
    1. Download always the latest version available (attached below)
    2. Unpack and run debloat-uninstall.bat
    3. Done!

NON-ROOT Notes:
    - Uninstall process of system apps cannot be reversed! You have been warned!! >> Edit: Uninstalled system apps may be reinstalled, see how-to ( Thanks @Hallmund Gautisson )
    - Before run the debloat script (and if you want to), you can take a look on its "unwanted apps list " at \files\debloat_list.sh
    - debloat_list.sh: Commented out lines (starting with #) will be ignored (their respective apps will not be unistalled)
    - Debloat script does not remove apps containers (apk files)
    - Updated bloatwares: They'll need to be uninstalled manually (Settings > Apps > "APP" > Uninstall/Deactivate)
    - First boot may take a while

Retrieving installed apps info (PACKAGE | APK LOCATION | LABEL):
    1. Download v1.0_List_Installed_Apps_Info_By_Serajr.zip (attached below)
    2. Unpack and run list_installed_apps_info.bat and wait a minute or two (ignore errors, if any)
    3. installed-apps-info.txt file will be created
    4. Done!

Special thanks:
    - @Klaus N.

Enjoy it!
    Changelog

v1.6 - 14/Jan/2020
    - Android Q compatibility

v1.5 - 12/Jul/2019
    - Non-Root: Fixed typo in debloat_list.sh
    - Root: Added new /system mount logic in debloat_list.sh (52.0.A.8.107+ fw)

v1.4 - 03/Feb/2019
    - Added com.amazon.clouddrive.photos (/system/app/com.amazon.clouddrive.photos/com.amazon.clouddrive.photos.apk | Prime Photos)

v1.3 - 03/Feb/2019
    - New (and same) debloat list for both Non-Root and Root versions of the script
    - Keeps CrashMonitor and CrashMonitorSystem apps (which are related to rcahandler issue)

v1.2 - 06/Jan/2019
    - Added ROOT version

v1.1 - 03/Jun/2018
    - Added new tool to retrieve installed apps info

v1.0 - 02/Jun/2018
    - Initial release
    Great work!

Could you write after each entry which name this application has?
    Then I can fast comment out lines I don't want to get execute.
    As example
    Code:
    ${UNINSTALL} com.sonyericsson.xhs # system/app/com.sonyericsson.xhs/com.sonyericsson.xhs.apk
    I don't realy know, which xhs means.
    Google is showing me xperia lounge entries.
    Code:
    ${UNINSTALL} com.android.keychain # system/app/KeyChain/KeyChain.apk

So I would need to google for every entry before comment it out.

I've attached another tool to traverse all installed apps (user and system ones) and retrieve their info (package | install location | label), See OP!
    Yesterday I've updated to the latest (225) fw and asserted that the location of some apps has changed and at least two apps have been added. Therefore I have adapted the debloat_list.sh (see attachement). Simply unpack the zip file, replace it with the previous debloat_list.sh' in 'v1.0_XZ2_Debloat-Uninstall_By_Serajr\files' and run serajr's script ;)
    Well, i stopped wasting my time with facebook (cr)app and deactivated it.
    I hope that i can root this device and/or use a custom rom in near future, so that i can crush this useless things with the hammer of doom :laugh:

So I hope that the bootloader patch will be released next week and I can compile the Sony AOSP and TWRP, so you get your custom ROM. :p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone