• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

root note 10 lite by magisk fail

Search This thread

Wengxams

Aug 16, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite

Attachments

• safetynet-fix-v1.0.2-A10.zip
    187.2 KB · Views: 6

Newtonsart

Jun 18, 2020

NHK

Thread '[APP] [FIX] 100% working Viper4Android for Android 11 devices' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-fix-100-working-viper4android-for-android-11-devices.4213647/ follow that for viper. Then flash that in Magisk for cts
i came accross this before and it didnt work for me for some reason (mostly because there's no way to disable samsung "sound quality and effects" like on older samsung phones, i dont remember he details it was about 2 months ago)

EDIT: retried now
Ainur caused my volume to get fixed at 100%

EDIT 2: V4a is now working with legacy mode (after removing ainur)

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Wengxams

Wengxams

Aug 16, 2019
i came accross this before and it didnt work for me for some reason (mostly because there's no way to disable samsung "sound quality and effects" like on older samsung phones, i dont remember he details it was about 2 months ago)

EDIT: retried now
Ainur caused my volume to get fixed at 100%

EDIT 2: V4a is now working with legacy mode (after removing ainur)

Thank you
Welcome

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I success rooting on mine ! seem ok for me !

Attention : with this methode, phone is totally reset
    Attention 2 : have a full samsung ROM from sammobile, to reflash it with odin in case of problem !

What I do :
    _ copy/extract a boot.img from a sammobile firmware (boot.img.lz4 is in AP_xxx)
    _ patch this file with magisk manager -> rename to boot.img and tar to boot.img.tar
    _ I unlock bootloader (when phone is shutdown, press vol+ + vol-, then plug power cable)
    _ wait long time for the phone factory reset
    _ now you will have a message at each boot time :( (ignore it, press power button) and knox is 1 !!!!!
    _ boot to download mode and flash boot.img.tar with odin
    _ after reboot (boot error..), I have to factory reset again in recovery mode !
    _ after long time, in android, reinstall magisk manager -> all fine, root is now working !

Now I try to add Viper4Android with no success for now....
    Unfortunately magisk 20.3 can't work on it,
    Because there are 2 vbmeta files (vbmeta.img, vbmeta_samsung.img) like is in A51 look here for more info.

The result of rooting is after flashing the tar we get download mode with the message "(AVB Fail), vbmeta: error verifying vbmeta image: OK_NOT_SIGNED" like in this issue
    Sorry, I don't remember this ! But I don't think I have this msg ! On the other hand, I have the new official ROM (ATA1) not ASLJ.
    Im also trying

Someone else succeed in rooting ? (with my method/other ?)

im waiting to finish the firmware download from sammobile. maybe a day after business trip, I will also try to root my phone...
    When custom recovery will be available, you just have to use 'odin' to flash the custom recovery for the first time (and before, you will need probably unlock the bootloader like rooting)
    But it is not possible to burn a non-original recovery on this device because there is a file signature in samsung_vbmeta.img, And no one still knows how to change that:(.