Root Now Available For ASUS MemoPad FHD 10 Model ME302C

Search This thread

ozzii

Oct 21, 2009
Sorry if the question was already asked, but 40 pages to read it's a little too big for me :angel:
I'm on 5.0.11 rooted (thanks for the post from the page 20).
I saw on the asus site that there is a 5.0.17
My tablet ask me for an 5.0.16 update.
What I must do for updating my system on 17 or 16 and keep the root.
I'm on a WW not US.

Thanks in advance.

intrepid24

Apr 7, 2014
Sorry if the question was already asked, but 40 pages to read it's a little too big for me :angel:
I'm on 5.0.11 rooted (thanks for the post from the page 20).
I saw on the asus site that there is a 5.0.17
My tablet ask me for an 5.0.16 update.
What I must do for updating my system on 17 or 16 and keep the root.
I'm on a WW not US.

Thanks in advance.

as stated in the post right above yours I've updated guides here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51875147
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51699593&postcount=377

intrepid24

Apr 7, 2014
But no link for the WW 5017 root update files.
This is why I asking.

please spend some time reading and understanding the guides

I don't think you're ready to do anything to your tablet if you don't understand every step before you start. Read previous posts to find the link for the WW 5017 root file. It can also be found on the German FHD 10 thread. The guide is written for US only

Last edited:

ozzii

Oct 21, 2009
please spend some time reading and understanding the guides

I don't think you're ready to do anything to your tablet if you don't understand every step before you start. Read previous posts to find the link for the WW 5017 root file. It can also be found on the German FHD 10 thread. The guide is written for US only

Well I have read the guide and understand it.

There is a question of glasses on your post but not any more.... Something append ?
So I will make my comment like you didn't edit your post.

I will gladly go to wash my glasses but I don't have. So I've gone to wash my eyes, but same. Still no link for the WW rooted file on the post.
Why so much hate? Be a little kind, I'm a friend.

Because you didn't read my previous post, you will see that my tablet is already rooted. So I think I can do some things with my tablet.
Surely not so much like you but I've managed to root it.

In your post no link for the WW files and no mention that the files are on the German thread. So...

But I thank you for your work and your post on how to root the tablet.:good:

Reactions: Ramer

boomer2hand

May 20, 2013
still no access memory

I followed all posts and did it by the book got root but i stilldont have acces to memory with game guardian to cheat i alocal game it still tells me is my game dead does anyone else have this prob?
Where should i start for PROPER ROOT WHOS INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!

nvrpayretail

Jul 31, 2012
Wifi issue with 5.0.16

Gentle people - I was running 4.7.3 rooted for awhile with no problems - all was well. Stupid me, I saw the 5.0.16 update and thought I'd take advantage of the hard work the folks here have done and update my US tablet to it. The install and root process all worked fine, or so I thought. I was using the tablet close to my router and everything was working smoothly. Then I moved to the other side of my house, where it worked fine before at 4.7.3, and it kept hanging up when trying to access the network. After moving closer to the router it started working fine again. All of my other PCs and a couple of other tablets work fine everywhere so I am thinking that something was changed in the latest update that is impacting my wifi performance.

After reading this entire thread, and specifically the information regarding back leveling to 4.7.3, I tried to go back to 4.7.3 and succeeded in soft bricking my tablet. After quite a bit of work I was able to get 5.0.16 reloaded but no matter what I do I can't seem to successfully get 4.7.3 reloaded. I've tried everything I can find and seem to be missing something somewhere. I've tried the process of renaming the update file, putting it in /cache and using su commands as documented with no success. I've tried using fastboot to flash the 4.7.3 fastboot.img and then using fastboot to flash 4.7.3. Reading and re-reading the information seems to indicate that I also need to flash the 4.7.3 recovery.img but although I saw references to successful builds of a US version I have not found a download for it. I assume from what I read that the WW recovery473.img won't work on the US build. And although it is well documented here that the recovery image has to be signed, I even tried creating my own recovery.img (which of course failed because it wasn't signed!!)

So, Please don't yell at me - I've done my homework and unfortunately I seem to be a complete failure. Any pointers as to where I may have gone wrong, or where I can get a copy of the US recovery.img if that is what is indeed I'm missing, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks......

Edit: Well, I seem to have been successful in doing the applypatch to create a US recovery.img but even though I flashed the 4.7.3 fastboot and recovery (supposedly successfully) I still can't install 4.7.3 firmware. arghhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

emcee99

Jan 24, 2014
Gentle people - I was running 4.7.3 rooted for awhile with no problems - all was well. Stupid me, I saw the 5.0.16 update and thought I'd take advantage of the hard work the folks here have done and update my US tablet to it. The install and root process all worked fine, or so I thought. I was using the tablet close to my router and everything was working smoothly. Then I moved to the other side of my house, where it worked fine before at 4.7.3, and it kept hanging up when trying to access the network. After moving closer to the router it started working fine again. All of my other PCs and a couple of other tablets work fine everywhere so I am thinking that something was changed in the latest update that is impacting my wifi performance.

After reading this entire thread, and specifically the information regarding back leveling to 4.7.3, I tried to go back to 4.7.3 and succeeded in soft bricking my tablet. After quite a bit of work I was able to get 5.0.16 reloaded but no matter what I do I can't seem to successfully get 4.7.3 reloaded. I've tried everything I can find and seem to be missing something somewhere. I've tried the process of renaming the update file, putting it in /cache and using su commands as documented with no success. I've tried using fastboot to flash the 4.7.3 fastboot.img and then using fastboot to flash 4.7.3. Reading and re-reading the information seems to indicate that I also need to flash the 4.7.3 recovery.img but although I saw references to successful builds of a US version I have not found a download for it. I assume from what I read that the WW recovery473.img won't work on the US build. And although it is well documented here that the recovery image has to be signed, I even tried creating my own recovery.img (which of course failed because it wasn't signed!!)

So, Please don't yell at me - I've done my homework and unfortunately I seem to be a complete failure. Any pointers as to where I may have gone wrong, or where I can get a copy of the US recovery.img if that is what is indeed I'm missing, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks......

Are you sure sucessfully flashed the 4.7.3 version of fastboot? I had trouble with that until I extracted Fastboot.img from US_ME302C-V4.7.3-0-ota-user.zip (downloaded from Asus). The linked versions I tried on this thread didn't work for me.

nvrpayretail

Jul 31, 2012
Are you sure sucessfully flashed the 4.7.3 version of fastboot? I had trouble with that until I extracted Fastboot.img from US_ME302C-V4.7.3-0-ota-user.zip (downloaded from Asus). The linked versions I tried on this thread didn't work for me.

Yes, definitely flashed 4.7.3 fastboot. When I boot into bootloader I don't the the errors that the 5.0.16 fastboot throws and and fastboot devices shows an actual serial number - not 111111111 as 5.0.16 does.

emcee99

Jan 24, 2014
It goes through the process of downloading the update to the tablet, reboots, looks like it's applying the code (working android image) but then says System update failed, device recovered to original configuration.

I saw that before when I did not reboot (Choose "reboot droidbot") after flashing fastboot.img 4.7.3.

If you follow the instructions in my post #399 I think you will get your device back to where you want it. Just flash 4.7.3 at step 9 & 10 instead of 5.0.16

nvrpayretail

Jul 31, 2012
I saw that before when I did not reboot (Choose "reboot droidbot") after flashing fastboot.img 4.7.3.

If you follow the instructions in my post #399 I think you will get your device back to where you want it. Just flash 4.7.3 at step 9 & 10 instead of 5.0.16

I've tried a couple of times rebooting the bootloader via vol + / power button and then flashing the firmware. Always same result. I didn't reboot the bootloader though from within the bootloader itself. Don't know if there's a difference but I'll give it a try and post result. Thanks....

nvrpayretail

Jul 31, 2012
Just remember - flash fastboot - REBOOT - then flash new system

Alas, no joy. Same result.

1. To be safe, I flashed fastboot yet again. (fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img)
2. Reboot droidboot
3. fastboot flash update US_ME302C-V4.7.3-0-ota-user.zip
4. PC sends and writes to tablet
5. Tablet reboots
6. Tablet looks like it's loading code (busy Android)
7. Reboot
8. System update failed, device recovered to original configuration.

Me thinks my tablet be possessed!

EDIT: For grins, I just tried adb sideload - received "error: closed". Wonder if the update file went bad. Think I'll try downloading a fresh copy.

EDIT 2: OK. I got crazy and figured I'd try to flash gbkelly's original root.img, This succeeded in 'soft' bricking my tablet - got stuck on the Asus logo. So I figured since there was a 4.7.3 system on there now maybe the ota file would load and tried flashing that update file again. This put the tablet into a boot loop. Thinking that the boot partition might be the problem I flashed the 4.7.3 boot.img but that made no difference. Since I was actually smart enough to have backups of all of my apps I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. Lo and behold, I'm back to factory 4.7.3. Getting late so will pick up again tomorrow and see if I can get this thing rooted at 4.7.3. This sure has been painful.
@emcee99: Many thanks for your assistance.

Last edited:

Blaze0079

Aug 1, 2012
There is a new v5.0.19 US firmware available but it only seem to show up if u visit the asus website on the tablet

Last edited:

pit84

Jul 12, 2012
It will work only with 5.0.16.
As I said earlier, it's a fake update and this means it needs a higher number than the installed version.

dear perpe i really appreciate your hard work for this awesome device, my question is this: i running the fw ww 5.0.17 totally stock,no root nothing,updated with the asus ota updater from the setting of the tablet, you thinks the last metod with WW_ME302C-V5.0.17-0-ota-user
work with my fw?
thanks
pit84

Root for US 5.0.19

Root for US 5.0.19.
Install in the same way, as for 5.0.17.

2 files in archive:
US_ME302C-V5.0.20-0-ota-user.zip
SuperSU_1.93.apk

1. Install SuperSU_1.93.apk
2. Put US_ME302C-V5.0.20-0-ota-user.zip to internal memory and apply update.
3. After reboot run SuperSU and update it.

Attachments

• PatchROOT_for_v5.0.19_US.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 227

ozzii

Oct 21, 2009
Hi,
Is there a way for the WW version :confused:
Now I'm under 5.0.11 rooted and I would like to update the tablet under WW 5.0.19

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 1-21-14: Root for 5-0-11 available - go to pg 17 for details, pg 20 for new and improved method. Having said this, there are no real benefits to Android 4.3 over 4.2, so I recommend staying with 4-7-3.

Yes, folks after two days of trial and error I finally was able to build a system image file (from the US OTA update files) that you install via fastboot.

Install Instructions:

First, BACKUP! Use ASUS App Backup for installed Apps (and their data) and I also use My Backup to backup personal and system settings info. Once rooted, use My Backup Root (or keep using ASUS App Backup for Apps and My Backup (non-root) for everything else. Always Backup to your External SDcard as a Factory Reset (should you need to do one) or if you have to or accidently run 'fastboot erase userdata' will erase your internal SDcard.

Second, Charge your Battery - make sure you do any flashing with a good charge, battery going low during this process can do 'bad things'...

Linux Users Note: I'm using Ubuntu and fastboot will not recognize the MemoPad. Still trying to resolve this, the latest Windoze version of fastboot works.

Download ME302C-US-Root.img.gz from MediaFire (see below)
    Install the Minimal ADB-Fastboot into a folder (google this you're on your own)
    Install the ASUS USB Drivers (google this you're on your own)
    Place the image file in the adb/fastboot folder (do not decompress, install as is)
    Run these fastboot commands:
    fastboot devices (make sure your MemoPad is connected)
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot flash system ME302C-US-Root.img.gz
    Reboot from MemoPad recovery menu

Install from Market:

SuperSU v1.86 Chainfire (required for all other apps to work)
    Root Checker (run it to confirm you have root)
    You are now rooted

Note: this install follows the ASUS update script that links various binaries in /system/bin to 'toolbox' so you may want to enhance that by installing BusyBox from the Market and use Safe Install method to add new links to the ones already set for toolbox (explained in busybox).

Enjoy your Rooted MemoPad!

Download the image file from here:

http://support.mediafire.com/download/avhe9zizn7z0t5w/ME302C-US-Root.img.gz

If the flash fails or doesn't root, you can just go back to the original OTA update by downloading it from ASUS and running:

fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot flash update US_ME302C-V4.7.3-0-ota-user.zip

Don't post questions about installing/using fastboot or USB drivers, it's been covered ad-nauseum here and other places - google is your friend. If you have the LTE model (ME302KL), that has a locked bootloader and requires the unlock utility available on the ASUS website before you run fastboot.

Thanks goes out to djsven for getting this idea started, then getting it done himself in Germany using the German distro from ASUS. I ended up having to extract the su binary he had as the three I tried from different downloads didn't work. Not sure where he got it but it's a winner!
    New Improved Root Method For 5-0-11 Now Available

There is a new root method created by @perpe (send him many thanks) over at the German MemoPad Users Group. I have duplicated his efforts here with the US version. The new method creates a fake OTA update file that you install using the ASUS SDcard procedure. It only installs a few files and is only 1.5Mb compared to the old root method file which was the entire /system folder image at 780Mb! If you use the ASUS SDcard method, you no longer need fastboot or fastboot usb drivers, although having them is a good idea in case you need to downgrade the fastboot image to 4-7-3 and do updates that way. You can also "fastboot flash update US_ME302C-V5.0.12-0-ota-user.zip" if you want to use fastboot instead of SDcard.

US Version available from here: http://support.mediafire.com/download/1v42nl58n7gmq6x/root-us-5011.zip

WW Version available from here: http://www.android-hilfe.de/attachm...fhd-10-ab-android-4-3-me302c-root-v5.0.11.zip

Install Instructions (some parts written by @perpe taken from German Forum. Recommend you print this out):

* Ensure that you have the correct firmware version (5-0-11). If not, update your system as described above.
    * If you were never rooted with 4-7-3, install a root file manager of your choice and Chainfire's SuperSU
    * If SuperSu Pro is already installed it may not not be started since the 5-0-11 update (if it is, it's OK)
    * Load the downloaded root-us-5011.zip to your device and unzip it. Depending on the file explorer the files are unpacked into a subdirectory or end up in the download folder. Or, download to PC and send over using FTP.
    * Copy US_ME302C-V5.0.12-0-ota-user.zip to the root directory of the internal SDcard (not external SDcard)
    ASUS instructions: http://www.service.asus.com/#!manual-firmware-update/cam2
    * The status bar will now appear and show that a new system update file was found (warning triangle). If not, reboot (I use Reboot Manager app by Ju, works great).
    * Make sure WiFi is switched off
    * Confirm the update, it boots into the recovery, flashes the update and restarts. The respective restarts can take some time, so be patient...
    * Now you have root!

However, we still need to clean up, the following steps are necessary!

1. Start SuperSU. If you use the Pro, go into the settings and disable survival mode
    2. With a root file manager, mount the system partition with write permissions (rw)
    3. Replace the file /system/build.prop with the build.prop from the zip.
    4. Check the permissions for /system/build.prop after replacing it and make sure they are 0644 (-rw-r--r--).
    5. Go to the directory /cache/recovery and delete all the files there (so they will not be shipped to ASUS with an active WiFi)
    6. Unmount /system, Reboot...Done!
    7. Activate survival mode in SuperSU Pro again, and turn on WiFi* (see Notes).
    8. Downgrade fastboot (some call it the bootloader but ASUS names the file fastboot) to 4-7-3 using 'fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img' (if you have/use fastboot). You need the older fastboot in order to do any future 'fastboot install update' as this has been removed from 5-0-11 fastboot (thanks, ASUS). Get it here: http://support.mediafire.com/download/dk487lcxqfsgau6/fastboot473.zip

Post Installation Notes:
    - I don't know if the automated update sends the logs to ASUS after the update process, so it's better to root with WiFi disabled. Delete the log files in /cache/recovery after the rooting and before you turn on WiFi again.
    - If you use SuperSu Pro with OTA survival on, disable it and start SuperSu once after you rooted and before you replace the build.prop. With OTA survival on, it sticks at first reboot with the original build.prop.

Install Notes:
    - You can download and unzip directly to your Pad using Firefox Beta. Or, download to your PC and transfer via WiFi using FTPServer by Liebig on the Tab and Filezilla on the PC. On server, set user:android, Password:ftp, port:2021, directory: /root of sdcard. I never plug my Pad into the PC, wears out the Mini SUB slot, gets enough wear just charging.
    - You can use ES File Manager and enable root in tools and tap on root manager to mount /system as rw or you can use 'Mount /system (rw / ro)' app by Beansoft on Tab and any File Manager (except ASUS as it only shows SD cards). Remember to unmount when done.
    Pre-Rooted system image for US and non-US variants ME302C-V5.0.21

I got tired of waiting for a US "fake update" root zip so I created my own partition image pre-rooted. If you want to make your own skip down a little bit.

Using this method you do not need to go back to stock, switch from WW to US first, or any such nonsense. If you have gone the route of flashing the US model with the WW update rom you can flash this directly over it, and it goes back to the proper US rom. If coming from something other than US it might be worthwhile to erase cache.

Non US roms:
    You can use these instructions to create an image of the WW and TW, and other roms by using the regex macro at Post 536 to convert the updater-script file from the OTA zip. Then use that instead of the update_system_5021.sh referenced in this post. You can use that with my newly created automated script from View attachment make_US_image_5021.zip, but replace the included script. You need to edit the make_US_image.sh to reflect your OTA zip file, permissions script, and desired output image file.

If you wish to download a pre-created US v5.0.21 image for flashing via fastboot here are some links. They are all the same file which is around 800mb.

US_ME302C-V5.0.21-JB_4.3-system.gz Dropbox
    US_ME302C-V5.0.21-JB_4.3-system.gz Google Drive
    US_ME302C-V5.0.21-JB_4.3-system.gz Onedrive
    US_ME302C-V5.0.21-JB_4.3-system.gz Mega.co.nz
    US_ME302C-V5.0.21-JB_4.3-system.gz MediaFire

I have included an MD5 hash View attachment US_ME302C-V5.0.21-JB_4.3-system.gz.md5.txt attachment. Renamed to .txt so the forum server would allow it. If you don't wish to download the attachment for some reason here is the MD5
    Code:
    d18efcb9497acedb9770687217ea2dca *US_ME302C-V5.0.21-JB_4.3-system.gz

Once you download the gzip file jump to step 4 for flashboot syntax. Remember to adjust the filename as the sample in the tutorial is not the same as the default for the download links. Also check Step 5 for kernel update instructions.

If you wish to generate it yourself there are 2 options.
    • First is get the View attachment make_US_image_5021.zip, extract and run the included script inside.
    • The other still requires 2 of the scripts in the zip or found attached to this post, then follow the old instructions below. I try to be as thorough as possible so this gets long.

This is not for someone with very little or no Linux knowledge. If you fit that description use the pre-made image from a link above.

I have included 2 *nix shell scripts to set all the permissions in the system image file. The basic update script for the system files *might* work on the non US variants of the update OTA's but they are untested. All I did was rewrite the set permission and symlink commands in the updater-script from the OTA zip to Linux commands. More details about that here Post 536. If you want to generate a non US version rom image I recommend using the instructions above for non US roms.

What you need:
    • Download the OTA zip from Asus website. Asus Download Page
    • Download one of the previous "fake update" root zips (I attached the 5.0.19 View attachment fakeroot.zip). We just need the system folder from it with the actual root files.
    • Download View attachment make_US_image_5021.zip. If you do not want an automated creation follow the old instructions further down.
    • A Linux install of some sort to do this. Virtual Machine, Linux live cd, regular install, etc. (I used Ubuntu 12.04.3LTS)
    • A Linux kernel with loop file support. (most modern distros have this)
    • Unzip (Info-Zip compatible) utility. Or something else that has same syntax linked as "unzip". (do any distros not have this?)
    • Gzip (do any distros not have this?)

Note: You need about 3.5GB of free space in the directory where you run the script from. If you use the manual method further down you'll need about 5gb.

Place the US_ME302C-V5.0.21-0-ota-user.zip in the same directory as make_US_image_5021.zip. Then you can just run
    Code:
    unzip make_US_image_5021.zip
    sudo bash make_US_image.sh

If you're using a Linux distro without sudo make sure you run the bash script as root.

It will do everything for you. It has some, but very little error checking. It does the same as the old manual steps further below with the exception of using the current directory for the image file, command execution in a slightly different order, and unzipping directly to the mounted image instead of a local folder first. This saves a little bit of interim space and time.
    When it is finished it will have created a file US_ME302C-V5.0.21.ext4.img.gz you can then continue from Step 4 of the old instructions.

Old instructions:
    From here out I will assume all the important files are placed in /tmp.
    US_ME302C-V5.0.21-0-ota-user.zip
    fakeroot.zip
    update_root.sh
    update_system_5021.sh

I did this all as root for simplicity. It is assumed anything in a code box is typed at a root terminal prompt. If you use a real install please be extra careful of the commands.

Step 1) We create our image file and format it.
    I've decided to set environment variables to save having to type long parameters repeatedly possibly generating typos. I will be using them in these instructions. If you don't want everything to be in /tmp just edit to where you would like them. If you choose to rename the scripts or create your own custom ones you can just change the filenames in the variables here and the rest of the instructions remain the same. This is also the case for the automated script make_US_image.sh.
    Code:
    IMAGE_FILE=/tmp/US_ME302C-V5.0.21.ext4.img
    OTA_ZIP=/tmp/US_ME302C-V5.0.21-0-ota-user.zip
    OTA_PERMISSIONS_SCRIPT=/tmp/update_system_5021.sh
    ROOT_PERMISSIONS_SCRIPT=/tmp/update_root.sh

Create an empty image file to start with.
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=$IMAGE_FILE bs=1M count=1344
    If all went correct your file should be 1409286144 bytes. You can check with
    Code:
    ls -l $IMAGE_FILE
    If all is good then create the file system.
    Code:
    mkfs.ext4 -m 0 $IMAGE_FILE
    You'll probably get a message like this
    Code:
    mke2fs 1.42 (29-Nov-2011)
    US_ME302C-V5.0.21.ext4.img is not a block special device.
    Proceed anyway? (y,n)

Say yes. Once your image is generated and formatted we need to mount. My scripts all reference /system for simplicity of editing from the updater-script in the OTA zip. If you don't want to mount in /system you'll need to edit the scripts to point where you choose.

Code:
    mkdir /system
    mount -o loop $IMAGE_FILE /system

Step 2) Extract everything to the mounted image
    Code:
    unzip -d / $OTA_ZIP "system/*"
    Wait a bit as this may take a while.
    Then we do some small unzips and file renaming for the root stuff.
    Code:
    unzip -j -d /system $OTA_ZIP "recovery/recovery-from-boot.p"
    unzip -j -d /system/etc $OTA_ZIP "recovery/etc/install-recovery.sh"
    mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery-2.sh
    mv /system/build.prop /system/build-1.prop
    unzip -d / fakeroot.zip "system/*" -x "system/etc/install-recovery-2.sh" "system/build-1.prop"

Step 3) Set permissions
    Now that we finished unzipping everything, we just run the 2 permission setting scripts and unmount.
    Code:
    bash $OTA_PERMISSIONS_SCRIPT
    bash $ROOT_PERMISSIONS_SCRIPT
    umount /system
    gzip $IMAGE_FILE

For continuity with my direct download links we'll rename to match up.
    Code:
    mv $IMAGE_FILE.gz US_ME302C-V5.0.21-JB_4.3-system.gz

Step 4) Flash the image.
    Take your newly created image and use fastboot to flash it.
    Make sure you followed the last step of step 3 to rename the file if you're cutting and pasting these instructions.

I use a windows machine normally so:
    Code:
    C:>fastboot erase system
    C:>fastboot flash system US_ME302C-V5.0.21-JB_4.3-system.gz
    Wait some stupid amount of time for it to finish. Reboot tablet and you're done.

Step 5) Flash 5.0.21 kernel
    I have uploaded the kernel from the OTA zip from Asus (renamed to make it easier to identify). I would recommend flashing it as well. Download View attachment boot_(5.0.21-kv3.4.43).zip and unzip it, then run
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

If something goes wrong you can still use the fastboot and recovery from 4.7.3 and reflash the OTA zip to go back to stock unrooted.

Edit: 2014-Nov-17 added semi-optional step 5 to flash new kernel image, which may be cause for some issues to some people.
    Edit: 2014-Sep-09 root reminder for script execution.
    Edit: 2014-Sep-05 updated links for DDL. Restructured the command sequence for manual creation and renamed file to follow my DDL naming. Added single download with 3 scripts to be used to create image more easily. The previous attachments are still there. Updated command list to add in the recovery image updater that I forgot about.
    Root for US 5.0.19

Root for US 5.0.19.
    Install in the same way, as for 5.0.17.

2 files in archive:
    US_ME302C-V5.0.20-0-ota-user.zip
    SuperSU_1.93.apk

1. Install SuperSU_1.93.apk
    2. Put US_ME302C-V5.0.20-0-ota-user.zip to internal memory and apply update.
    3. After reboot run SuperSU and update it.
    I just read your translated procedure, downloaded your .zip file and had a look. This is MUCH easier! I like this very much! I don't see anything (except for the build.prop file) that's different between WW and US. If you have time to make one, we would all appreciate it. I will use your new method going forward. Much smaller file to upload/download and simply elegant! Very Nice! :good:

Yeah, it' pretty simple :D
    For the US sku you have to change these files(from my zip):

rename the original US install-recovery.sh to install-recovery-2.sh and replace my /system/etc/install-recovery-2.sh with it
    Copy the file /META-INF/com/android/metadata from the original 5.0.11 update to the same directory in my zip and open it.
    You have to change the version number in the post-build line and the date and also the post-timestamp line with a timestamp bigger the original one.
    If you aren't a linux user, you can get the current timestamp from pages like http://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php
    And place a copy of the original build.prop into the /system folder open it and edit ro.build.date.utc and ro.build.fingerprint to match your changes from the metadata file.
    Delete the files in the /META-INF folder, but not the com directory and it's content.
    Pack it and sign it with the test keys ;)
    Name it like your US Sku update file, but with a bigger version number (the same like in metadata)

Keep a copy of the original build.prop, you have to replace the modified with original one after the root process, reboot afterwards.

That's it.

Take care of these 2 points:
    - I don't know if the automated update sends the logs to ASUS after the update process, so it's better to root with WiFi disabled. Delete the log files in /cache/recovery after the rooting and before you turn on WiFi again.
    - If you use SuperSu Pro with OTA survival on, disable it and start SuperSu once after you rooted and before you replace the build.prop. With OTA survival on, it stucks at first reboot with the original build.prop.

Edit: maybe you can flash my WW zip, if you do this and it works for you, then you have to replace the build.prop with the us one and also the install-recovery-2.sh with your original install-recovery.sh (don't forget the -2 at the end of the file name)