• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root Official Android 12?

Search This thread

Spookymyo

Dec 12, 2007
Morristown, TN
Google Pixel 4
I've searched all through the pixel 4 forums here and I've searched on Google and there doesn't seem to be a reliable method for rooting Android 12.

I've tried the methods for rooting Android 11 and they don't work.

I've even tried down grading back to 11 and rooting then trying to retain root through magisk restore images but that doesn't work either.

In general I like 12 better than 11 but I don't want to go without root.

Android 12 introduced a boot verification method on Android 12 that means we have to do things a little differently. If you run into an error in bootloader with a "Unable to load/verify boot images" that means that it's detected the modified boot image that you patched with Magisk. We now have to disable verity and verification to be able to flash modified boot images.

Check out this guide and see if it works for you.

Be warned, however, that in many cases, users have had to wipe data in order to get working permanent root on Android 12.

Spookymyo

Dec 12, 2007
Morristown, TN
Google Pixel 4
Android 12 introduced a boot verification method on Android 12 that means we have to do things a little differently. If you run into an error in bootloader with a "Unable to load/verify boot images" that means that it's detected the modified boot image that you patched with Magisk. We now have to disable verity and verification to be able to flash modified boot images.

Be warned, however, that in many cases, users have had to wipe data in order to get working permanent root on Android 12.
I'll give it a try. I always adb backup and clean install before every major update and root.

Reactions: V0latyle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'll give it a try. I always adb backup and clean install before every major update and root.