[Root] Official Chainfire CF-Auto-Root for SM-T700/SM-T800 Variants

When are you expecting Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Tab S?

• End of this year

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Early 2015

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Mid 2015

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Never :o

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Hey guys
I don't know, if someone also did the same thing, but I think this thread can be pretty useful ;). Since our device is official supported by great developer @Chainfire I would share the Auto-Root file with you, that you don't have to search for it :)

Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) Android 5.0 Lollipop is out! Watch here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/orig-development/official-lollipop-5-0-sm-g900f-t2962141

There are a lot different variants supported for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5:

Supported Variants of the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5:

SM-T700 Variants:
SM-T700
SM-T705
SM-T705C
SM-T705M
SM-T705Y

SM-T800 Variants:
SM-T800
SM-T805
SM-T805C
SM-T805M
SM-T805W
SM-T805Y​

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY. KNOX WILL DISPLAY 1 INSTEAD OF 0!

It will install the Super SU app as a system app, trigger your knox and will successfully root your tablet :eek:

For those who aren't very familiar with rooting and things, you have to do these things:

1. Switch off and then boot your Galaxy Tab S in Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, home button and then press the Power key to boot the phone. Press the volume key again to confirm booting into the Download mode.
2. Now in Download mode, connect your Tab S to your computer with Odin running on PC. Odin will detect the device and show you one the ID:COM boxes turning blue.
3. In the Odin box, click on the PDA button, locate and select the .tar.md5 file that was extracted from rooting zip file downloaded earlier. Make sure Re-Partition checkbox is not selected. Click on the START button to initiate the installation.
4. Once the CF-Auto-Root is successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S, it will reboot automatically. While rebooting you will see a red Android bot which means you have successfully rooted your tablet.

If you want to have a video review of how to do it, just watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZqdKNya81g
It's for the S4, but it works all the same with our Tab S.

The official announcement from @Chainfire is here:

CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
CF-Root has been available for many devices (Galaxy S1, S2, S3, S4, Galaxy Note, Note2, Note3, dozens of Tab models, etc!) and has clocked over 22.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
- SuperSU binary and APK
- Stock recovery

Installation and usage
Flash the CF-Auto-Root package as PDA in ODIN (details on how to do that are in next post), and your device should reboot into a modified recovery (signified by a large red Android logo) and it will install SuperSU for you and restore the stock recovery, and reboot back into Android.

If you don't get to the red Android logo, boot into recovery manually ("adb reboot recovery", or boot while holding Power+VolUp+Home).

Using this root increases your flash counter and trips the KNOX warranty flag!

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Download Section:
All downloads can be found on mega here:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!cVkByLZQ!1CWdDeJD5Q2EutNoX3ZjTw

Credits:
@Chainfire (http://www.chainfire.eu)

Happy rooting guys, if you have a problem or problems, just write here in this thread, I will answer it if I can (and I will!) :highfive:

Last edited:

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
Reactions: Tkkg1994

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City

phonefreedom

Apr 23, 2011
corrupted file?

Hello,

I downloaded CF-Auto-Root-chagallwifi-chagallwifixx-smt800.zip on both my Linux and Windows boxes and this appears to be a corrupted file. Can someone verify my findings?

Thank you :)

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
Yeah some files are corrupt. Can you just post the direct links to cfautoroot? The cfautoroot site works just fine as it doesn't need a mirror. Thanks!

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
Sorry, isn't supported yet... I think this one runs an Snapdragon 800? This will need other autoroot files than all exynos powered devices
There isn't even firmwares for the device. That's probably why it does have root yet or it could be the chipset.

Sent from SMT800 using Tapatalk.
-Helper around Tab S forums√
Active Everyday√

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
Closing this thread in favor of the already running thread over in general.

Tkkg1994 - your post is genuinely appreciated, and admittedly is easier to read than the stickied thread. Perhaps so your work doesn't go to waste, offer to work with the OP of that thread to improve it overall? This is one of those things that doesn't really need more than one thread, and in that case, the original thread gets the nod. Either way, please keep up the good work.

Reactions: DUHAsianSKILLZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys
    I don't know, if someone also did the same thing, but I think this thread can be pretty useful ;). Since our device is official supported by great developer @Chainfire I would share the Auto-Root file with you, that you don't have to search for it :)

Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) Android 5.0 Lollipop is out! Watch here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/orig-development/official-lollipop-5-0-sm-g900f-t2962141

There are a lot different variants supported for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5:

Supported Variants of the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5:

SM-T700 Variants:
    SM-T700
    SM-T705
    SM-T705C
    SM-T705M
    SM-T705Y

SM-T800 Variants:
    SM-T800
    SM-T805
    SM-T805C
    SM-T805M
    SM-T805W
    SM-T805Y​

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY. KNOX WILL DISPLAY 1 INSTEAD OF 0!

It will install the Super SU app as a system app, trigger your knox and will successfully root your tablet :eek:

For those who aren't very familiar with rooting and things, you have to do these things:

1. Switch off and then boot your Galaxy Tab S in Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, home button and then press the Power key to boot the phone. Press the volume key again to confirm booting into the Download mode.
    2. Now in Download mode, connect your Tab S to your computer with Odin running on PC. Odin will detect the device and show you one the ID:COM boxes turning blue.
    3. In the Odin box, click on the PDA button, locate and select the .tar.md5 file that was extracted from rooting zip file downloaded earlier. Make sure Re-Partition checkbox is not selected. Click on the START button to initiate the installation.
    4. Once the CF-Auto-Root is successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S, it will reboot automatically. While rebooting you will see a red Android bot which means you have successfully rooted your tablet.

If you want to have a video review of how to do it, just watch this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZqdKNya81g
    It's for the S4, but it works all the same with our Tab S.

The official announcement from @Chainfire is here:

CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices (Galaxy S1, S2, S3, S4, Galaxy Note, Note2, Note3, dozens of Tab models, etc!) and has clocked over 22.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Stock recovery

Installation and usage
    Flash the CF-Auto-Root package as PDA in ODIN (details on how to do that are in next post), and your device should reboot into a modified recovery (signified by a large red Android logo) and it will install SuperSU for you and restore the stock recovery, and reboot back into Android.

If you don't get to the red Android logo, boot into recovery manually ("adb reboot recovery", or boot while holding Power+VolUp+Home).

Using this root increases your flash counter and trips the KNOX warranty flag!

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Download Section:
    All downloads can be found on mega here:
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!cVkByLZQ!1CWdDeJD5Q2EutNoX3ZjTw

Credits:
    @Chainfire (http://www.chainfire.eu)

Happy rooting guys, if you have a problem or problems, just write here in this thread, I will answer it if I can (and I will!) :highfive:
    Reserved for changes or something :D
    We already have another thread for the tab s, but this one is easy to understand! ?

Thank you :)
    If you have suggestions to change something, say it. Maybe I can make this thread even better for you and all the others. :highfive:
    Would love to see a link to odin and picture instructions in case someone needs it. Take a look at this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2881826
    Other than that, everything is good! ?

Added a short video review. It is for the Galaxy S4, but all the same things for our beloved tab S!
    We already have another thread for the tab s, but this one is easy to understand! ?