ROOT on 4.4.2

Search This thread

colbur87

Feb 25, 2011
Oklahoma City
I take no credit for the following:

I successfully root with towelroot @ http://towelroot.com/.
The site looked sketch but I did some research and the guy is from XDA and designed it for the s5's. But I took the chance and it works!!! Screen shoot attached.

(I know the screen shot doesn't provide 100% proof, but its the best I can do at the moment)

Good luck

This root Method doenst seem to work if your kernely is < June 2 2014. Look in the kernel build in your device settings and if its before June, then I dont think the root method will work for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-15-15-22-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-15-15-22-44.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 6,618
Last edited:

Angelo1988

Jun 13, 2009
it was built for at&t and verizon device.
but the website did said MIGHT work on other device which is < 3 jun 2014.
and it is new release, so I guess nobody try yet on N9005.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

Just rooted my SM-N9005 (kernel version: 3.4.0-1168347) successfully using TowelRoot.

KNOX-status: 0x0 and device-status: official.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Just rooted my SM-N9005 (kernel version: 3.4.0-1168347) successfully using TowelRoot.

great.
it will be a good news for those owner of n9005.
mine tripped alrd, so can't try it.
:D
Just rooted my Note 3 is 4.4.2 with stock ND3 firmware using towelroot by @geohot. And it didn't trip KNOX.

chkenwing

Dec 11, 2013
When it comes to rooting, does the ROM capacity of the phone matter?

Most Note3 are 32GB, unfortunately, mine is the dreaded 16GB Hong Kong version, so I wanna know whether it would work or will the root exploit need to be rewritten to be compatible with the 16GB version.

azidhaka

Oct 3, 2012
Did not work on my N9005 (ENB1).

Am i doing this right? After 'making it ra1n' and reboot, do i have to flash SuperSU or does towelroot fix su for me? Root Checker says i am not rooted.

alexpowermetal

Jan 24, 2011
Install app, make it ra1n, it will reboot in 15 seconds, install root checker. And thats it, no need for SuperSu app.

siriom

Feb 5, 2012
has anyone unpacked the apk and looked to see what its actually doing?
Admitly im an idiot who was in to much of a hurry to get root.
IT worked on my 9005 international.
Download apk , install , reboots in 15 and ... youre rooted without tripping knox.
If apk is clean then i'll probably donate .
Sincerely impressed.

alexpowermetal

Jan 24, 2011
Admitly im an idiot who was in to much of a hurry to get root.
IT worked on my 9005 international.
Download apk , install , reboots in 15 and ... youre rooted without tripping knox.
If apk is clean then i'll probably donate .
Sincerely impressed.
Well this root coming from the guy who jailbroke all of apple's iphones, ipads etc including PS3. So this has to be ligit.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Did not work on my N9005 (ENB1).

Am i doing this right? After 'making it ra1n' and reboot, do i have to flash SuperSU or does towelroot fix su for me? Root Checker says i am not rooted.

Same at me. No root.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
What's your kernel version?
It looks like people with kernel version: 3.4.0-1168347 had successfully rooted there N9005.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mon431

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no credit for the following:

I successfully root with towelroot @ http://towelroot.com/.
    The site looked sketch but I did some research and the guy is from XDA and designed it for the s5's. But I took the chance and it works!!! Screen shoot attached.

(I know the screen shot doesn't provide 100% proof, but its the best I can do at the moment)

Good luck

This root Method doenst seem to work if your kernely is < June 2 2014. Look in the kernel build in your device settings and if its before June, then I dont think the root method will work for you.
    it was built for at&t and verizon device.
    but the website did said MIGHT work on other device which is < 3 jun 2014.
    and it is new release, so I guess nobody try yet on N9005.

Can you give me the link. Successfully root 0x0 with official status. Just need the supersu to give enable the permission. Currently supersu on gplay can't istall4the binaries.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Download http://download.chainfire.eu/448/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r5.zip . Don't flash it. Unzip it. Then go to /common folder and install superuser.apk. Run SuperSU from App Drawer, and let binary to update. Now you have it working. And don't worry about disabling KNOX. Just disable it.
    A question: It works only on 4.4.2?

I have Android 4.3 (N9005XXUDMJ7 with 3.4.0-2019540 kernel) yet, and I don't want to update to KitKat.
    I have the same firm. Yes, it works!

Envidado desde mi Note 3 SM-N9005

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

It is working. I'n now rooted :D :D :D

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Can I flash recovery without tripping the KNOX too??

you can't. It's only root, not bootloader unlock. Flashing a custom kernel or recovery will trip your knox counter.

Envidado desde mi Note 3 SM-N9005
    here is video i made. And i have same kernel build version as @Angelo1988

http://youtu.be/zpp8ttE5DUU