Root on note 3 KK, is it over?

Search This thread

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
Ya, I am on 4.4. Can't believe how much I want root back.

Thee is no way to roll back, even Odin, right?

There is not way to get root and it looks like no development looks promising.

Are we pretty much stuck?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

RoninTPD

Jan 27, 2013
Gray, La.....original 504 boy!
Ya, I am on 4.4. Can't believe how much I want root back.

Thee is no way to roll back, even Odin, right?

There is not way to get root and it looks like no development looks promising.

Are we pretty much stuck?

Have u been reading?? Yes we are stuck if u are updated.:( No one has any idea of how to break the new locked bootloader. Pay attention pls.:cool:

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
it seems we are stuck for now. i wouldn't rule out a root exploit sometime in the future, but who knows.

i've only had one Android device that was never cracked, and that was the Motorola Cliq 2 when it got official Gingerbread. perhaps there are more now that have been successfully locked down? but in the past i've been used to there eventually being a way... but so far there is no promising news..

Last edited:

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
Have u been reading?? Yes we are stuck if u are updated.:( No one has any idea of how to break the new locked bootloader. Pay attention pls.:cool:

I have been paying attention but they are like 5 threads in 3 forums and lots of debate so you never know status so I did a check. Gees.

Reactions: macqueyl

Krunk83

Jul 31, 2012
I have been paying attention but they are like 5 threads in 3 forums and lots of debate so you never know status so I did a check. Gees.

Don't feel bad it can get confusing. I'm coming from a Nexus where development is rampid and this does not look promising.

Reactions: cc16177

cc16177

Mar 13, 2009
Hey thanks for the reply, it's nice to talk to someone with a calm voice and not get yelled at.

Thanks more than you know.

I agree with what he said (I'm also coming from a Nexus) but I also have confidence that the situation will improve.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
I agree with what he said (I'm also coming from a Nexus) but I also have confidence that the situation will improve.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I think so too. Thanks, nice to meet friends. Thank you. At least we're in this with nice people.

_Burst_

May 20, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Nothing to add but...

tumblr_ldx35q7eVa1qc6o73o1_500.gif

monty_python

Dec 31, 2011
Had anyone tried to use twrp to them go to advance settings and inject root? And then download superuser from the ps?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Had anyone tried to use twrp to them go to advance settings and inject root? And then download superuser from the ps?

What part of locked bootloaders are people not understanding?

Locked bootloaders means no custom recovery, ie, TWRP.

PEOPLE! Please read. This exact question and topic has been posted so many times. It is ridiculous.

I am actually laughing at some users because they are the same ones that had to jump to KK knowing that we may not have root for awhile and now they are asking if there is a root when there is 30 threads that answer their question.

If an exploit that allows root is found, it will be posted.

Please stop asking and please read before posting.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Krunk83

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007

PEOPLE! Please read. This exact question and topic has been posted so many times. It is ridiculous.

I am actually laughing at some users because they are the same ones that had to jump to KK knowing that we may not have root for awhile and now they are asking if there is a root when there is 30 threads that answer their question.

I agree but relax, people asking doesn't waste your time and they are anxious. It's their phones. Loss of a phone practically like breaking an arm...

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
It clutters the forums. So yes... It does waste my time. It wastes their time, my time, and every other users time.

Instead of asking, people could be reading and finding out the answer for themselves.

I understand that a few users received their device with KK on it, but most of these users asking are the same ones that were asking how to update from MD4 after doing the MJ5 restore method or how to update from the MLG leak. So... It is entirely their fault and none of us should suffer through reading and writing the same stuff every day.

I didn't update because I knew what would happen. I am perfectly content with my current KK custom ROM.

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012

You too. Nexus to note 3..why did I buy att? Full price. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Don't feel bad it can get confusing. I'm coming from a Nexus where development is rampid and this does not look promising.

Hey thanks for the reply, it's nice to talk to someone with a calm voice and not get yelled at.

Thanks more than you know.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone