Root on S8?

Search This thread

nkomp18

Sep 20, 2012
I never had a root go smoothly, I can't count the times I ended up with soft brick of a full brick, endless hours of stress, searching the deepest web to find a solution out of an impossible mess, agony, days without phone...
My S8+ was rooted for 6 months and suddenly, without a warning, failed to boot one day because of FPR lock. After I fixed that I have it unrooted. Can't event install TWRP on it. It's depressing and not worth all this effort

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://www.oneclickroot.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s8/

Haven't tested it yet... Wife just unboxed hers today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those sites are phony as f***.
    Without unlocked bootloader, root and ready to install custom AOSP Rom with xposed, I do not need a new phone.
    At that point there are absolutely no reasons to downgrade my Nexus 6.
    I really like the features that offer Galaxy s8 plus but software is over 60% of any device.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

As a Verizon user I've learned to not even ask about root or look forward to it. And you know what. I'm ok with that.

It just incredible, you are missing so much with your phone !! :eek:
    Why do I do this every time I get a new phone that hasn't got any root out yet ??

As the flashoholic customization-junkie I am, I simply cannot wait for proper root or resist trying all these king, supersume, oneclick, this that and the other, and all these crappy apps and tools that claim to give you root, and every time I end up ****ing the phone up somehow, so that much of the security-functionality like knox stop working, and won't be fixed no matter what I do. Side Switch recovery restore, Odin firmware flash, reset erase... nothing gets the error fixed, and now I can't run S Health or Secure Folder, and most certainly other things I haven't found out yet. I actually get a message that my device is rooted when I try to run S-Health, and a message that the device has been tampered with when trying to make a secure folder.

And so it has been with every Samsung device since my N7100 Note II back in the day. And every time I come to a point where I regret even trying any of that crap, as I have now. But every time I come to this, I also realize that every time this happens, it doesn't take long before some twrp and supersu are coming, and then custom ROMS, and I just as soon forget about all the crap I did the first days and don't give it another thought until I yet again find myself with a brand new but "broken" device after ****ing it up, yet again.

And every time, there's threads like this, with people worried about if root is coming or even possible because locked bootloaders and self-restoring recovery and all that **** Samsung is throwing our way with each new flagship model to try to keep us out.

And as always, all that **** doesn't really matter. A locked bootloader can simply be exchanged with an unlocked one through a kernel / bootloader odin, and I'm sure someone, more than one, is sitting and fiddling with some kernel that will enable custom recovery and supersu / root, right at this very moment.

I believe the S-health issue is that efuse hardware **** that got tripped, but it's strange because it said "device has been tampered with" or something first, but suddenly it started saying "device has been rooted" in S-Health, but it still says "tampering" in secure folder. I have no idea if it's supersu, superuser, magisk or some king **** that has fooled my S-Health into thinking my s8+ is rooted. I have tried sideloading and pushing and installing just about every superuser app, and some busyboxes.

Yeah, I know, it's really ****ed up, but what can I say, have you ever seen a junkie before ?? It ain't pretty, and I'm a true flashoholic junkie. I actually managed to root a Sony Xperia Go with a locked bootloader once, just by ****ing with every app and service possible.

Though, I tend to agree with some comments over here about root not being that important anymore, at least not at Samsung devices. I have a Nexus 6p, which I get all my AOSP needs satisfied with. as such, and I like many of the Samsung special features, like S-Health, which I've used since my N7100-days.

BTW, to bypass that "device is rooted" issue I just installed an old version of S-Health, which then was installed as a user-app and not a system-app, and that fixed it.

Root will come, I am certain it will !!!

Wow...
    WHY?

Why do I do this every time I get a new phone that hasn't got any root out yet ??

As the flashoholic customization-junkie I am, I simply cannot wait for proper root or resist trying all these king, supersume, oneclick, this that and the other, and all these crappy apps and tools that claim to give you root, and every time I end up ****ing the phone up somehow, so that much of the security-functionality like knox stop working, and won't be fixed no matter what I do. Side Switch recovery restore, Odin firmware flash, reset erase... nothing gets the error fixed, and now I can't run S Health or Secure Folder, and most certainly other things I haven't found out yet. I actually get a message that my device is rooted when I try to run S-Health, and a message that the device has been tampered with when trying to make a secure folder.

And so it has been with every Samsung device since my N7100 Note II back in the day. And every time I come to a point where I regret even trying any of that crap, as I have now. But every time I come to this, I also realize that every time this happens, it doesn't take long before some twrp and supersu are coming, and then custom ROMS, and I just as soon forget about all the crap I did the first days and don't give it another thought until I yet again find myself with a brand new but "broken" device after ****ing it up, yet again.

And every time, there's threads like this, with people worried about if root is coming or even possible because locked bootloaders and self-restoring recovery and all that **** Samsung is throwing our way with each new flagship model to try to keep us out.

And as always, all that **** doesn't really matter. A locked bootloader can simply be exchanged with an unlocked one through a kernel / bootloader odin, and I'm sure someone, more than one, is sitting and fiddling with some kernel that will enable custom recovery and supersu / root, right at this very moment.

I believe the S-health issue is that efuse hardware **** that got tripped, but it's strange because it said "device has been tampered with" or something first, but suddenly it started saying "device has been rooted" in S-Health, but it still says "tampering" in secure folder. I have no idea if it's supersu, superuser, magisk or some king **** that has fooled my S-Health into thinking my s8+ is rooted. I have tried sideloading and pushing and installing just about every superuser app, and some busyboxes.

Yeah, I know, it's really ****ed up, but what can I say, have you ever seen a junkie before ?? It ain't pretty, and I'm a true flashoholic junkie. I actually managed to root a Sony Xperia Go with a locked bootloader once, just by ****ing with every app and service possible.

Though, I tend to agree with some comments over here about root not being that important anymore, at least not at Samsung devices. I have a Nexus 6p, which I get all my AOSP needs satisfied with. as such, and I like many of the Samsung special features, like S-Health, which I've used since my N7100-days.

BTW, to bypass that "device is rooted" issue I just installed an old version of S-Health, which then was installed as a user-app and not a system-app, and that fixed it.

Root will come, I am certain it will !!!
    I'm sure root will happen.....when.....who knows. The S7 and s7e had eng.kernels for MM and Nougat all within a few months If even that.

Sent from my SM-G950T using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Yeah and the eng kernels are crap