Root One UI 4.0 beta

Search This thread

thiendia

Dec 21, 2019
Reactions: Theo1218

3arthur6

Sep 15, 2011
For sure you can. Writing this from rooted S20U on OneUI 4.
Just flash latest magisk canary with OrangeFox (a TWRP fork) which support OneUI 4.

Edit: My bad, you own a exynos S20.
So you can use imagepatchtools to patch your OneUI 3 boot image to OneUI 4. Then use latest magisk canary app to root OneUI 4 boot image then tar it and flash it with odin.

Last edited:

Theo1218

Nov 4, 2015
For sure you can. Writing this from rooted S20U on OneUI 4.
Just flash latest magisk canary with OrangeFox (a TWRP fork) which support OneUI 4.

Edit: My bad, you own a exynos S20.
So you can use imagepatchtools to patch your OneUI 3 boot image to OneUI 4. Then use latest magisk canary app to root OneUI 4 boot image then tar it and flash it with odin.
Oh that's great, do you know any guide to do that? Never used that method

3arthur6

Sep 15, 2011
Oh that's great, do you know any guide to do that? Never used that method
The imagepatchtools github is pretty well explained but I admit it's a bit complicated.
Or else would you try this modified twrp: twrp_G98X_geiti_modded_A12.tar ?
I applied the same fix as for snapdragon S20. It should avoid bootloop but you probably won't be able to mount system and vendor from twrp ui. Anyway you will be able to flash magisk which is the simpliest way to root.

Theo1218

Nov 4, 2015
The imagepatchtools github is pretty well explained but I admit it's a bit complicated.
I applied the same fix as for snapdragon S20. It should avoid bootloop but you probably won't be able to mount system and vendor from twrp ui. Anyway you will be able to flash magisk which is the simpliest way to root.
Thank you!! And one more question, how should I revert this in case a new beta comes out or stable version of OneUI 4?

3arthur6

Sep 15, 2011
Thank you!! And one more question, how should I revert this in case a new beta comes out or stable version of OneUI 4?
No problem!
If you try this modded twrp can you give me a feedback here?
For the next beta you will have to flash back stock firmware then beta updates one after the other or patching all images using above imagepatchtools. But for stable release you will be able to download full firmware and flash it with odin.

Theo1218

Nov 4, 2015
No problem!
If you try this modded twrp can you give me a feedback here?
For the next beta you will have to flash back stock firmware then beta updates one after the other or patching all images using above imagepatchtools. But for stable release you will be able to download full firmware and flash it with odin.
oh that's ok, but i can't keep deleting my data every time, maybe will try that when beta 2 comes

LeeXDA18

Sep 24, 2018
I tried the TWRP on beta2 and it didn't even reach the twrp logo.

Manhas

Jan 4, 2017
Hi guys i have an s20+ 4g sm-g985f with beyond rom 3.9 and twrp, i cannot flash one ui beta 4 because i have the following error you have an z3s this file is for y2s only,any help? thank you

Reactions: Belco02

Belco02

Sep 30, 2019
Hi guys i have an s20+ 4g sm-g985f with beyond rom 3.9 and twrp, i cannot flash one ui beta 4 because i have the following error you have an z3s this file is for y2s only,any help? thank you
G985FXXSCDUJ5A sk for this software and install one ui beta in the recovery section of the memory card

Top Liked Posts