How To Guide Root Oneplus 10 Pro (Color OS - Oxygen OS)

Search This thread

suz06

Dec 29, 2018
Hello everyone.
Instructions for root Oneplus 10 Pro Color OS - Oxygen OS.
1. Open Settings on your OnePlus 10 Pro and go to the ‘About Phone’ option.
Look for the Build Number and tap 7-8 times on it. It will display ‘You are now a developer.’
Go back to the main Settings then go to System > Developer Options.
2. In Developer Options, you need to enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging
3. Connect phone to PC and choice transfer file.
4. Start adb and write adb reboot bootloader
5. Unlock bootloader (fastboot flashing unlock)
6. Need patched boot color os or Oxygen OS
7. Then fastboot boot boot (magisk).img
8. Start system
9. Install latest magisk canary and tap to install automatically.
10. Excellent
Download: Repo AFH (Color - Oxygen OTA-Kernel) Mega Repo (Color - Oxygen Kernel)

Ps. Of course, you must have the correct drivers installed adb (Google to the rescue)
UPD: Install drivers
  • Open Settings > Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates > see drivers when device connected
Hi Vova
Thanks for you root procedure, but I have a question about it:
Whats about the future OS updates (Oxygen updater)? Should I repeat your procedure and loose/reinstall all additional root features like LSPosed/Xprivacy/Viper4android/etc...?
I always used TWRP to root my OP.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Hi Vova
Thanks for you root procedure, but I have a question about it:
Whats about the future OS updates (Oxygen updater)? Should I repeat your procedure and loose/reinstall all additional root features like LSPosed/Xprivacy/Viper4android/etc...?
I always used TWRP to root my OP.
Thanks in advance

Disable all modules and mods.
Download the full update.
Install locally.
Do not reboot.
Open Magisk.
Click install
Click install after OTA
Take the reboot.
Re-enable mods if compatible.

Done 👍🏻

The above of course will only work IF you are already rooted.

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Great, thanks a lot for you fast feedback.
I will try this.
Use the like button mate 👍🏻

Let me know if you get stuck. Someone will chime in.

What I'd recommend doing when you download the full update is to copy out the firmware to your computer, so if something fails at some future point. You can extract the boot image yourself.

It's not a necessary step but definitely helps in case you need to recover.

Up to you ;)

Reactions: suz06

suz06

Dec 29, 2018
Use the like button mate 👍🏻

Let me know if you get stuck. Someone will chime in.

What I'd recommend doing when you download the full update is to copy out the firmware to your computer, so if something fails at some future point. You can extract the boot image yourself.

It's not a necessary step but definitely helps in case you need to recover.

Up to you ;)
Thanks for your advice.
First I'm going to root my brand new OP10. I haven't installed anything yet ;)
Before rooting with Vova's procedure, I wanted to be sure to be able to update the OS without having to reinstall everything each time.

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Thanks for your advice.
Before rooting with Vova's procedure, I wanted to be sure to be able to update the OS without having to reinstall everything each time.
Yep definitely possible, I've done the same myself.

Just be wary of modules you have installed prior to the update, basically just follow the process I stated to update and you'll be fine.

I have my own thread for rooting, but tbh they're all good so whatever works

👍🏻

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Thanks for your advice.
Ok so, do no do what I posted, there is no reboot button after install.. so it'll immediately reboot once you click install... Which sucks..

I'm working on it now, your may need to extract the boot image then repatch then re boot it .

Not the end of the world but annoying

• Sad

suz06

Dec 29, 2018
I've added a few changes to my guide to accommodate on the fly updates, have a look...should work exactly the same...but does require you to install the old OPsystem update APK.

Besides that the above guide is the same. Only you don't access it from settings..

All good now.
Great job, thank you very much.

I found your guide, a bit of reading ahead ;)

I have not yet found the time to root, but I made an update 2 hours ago!
Now I have NE2213_11_A.13 and your guide ist for NE2213_11_A.12
I guess it doesn't matter, right?

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Great job, thank you very much.

I found your guide, a bit of reading ahead ;)

I have not yet found the time to, but I made an update 2 hours ago!
Now I have NE2213_11_A.13 and your guide ist for NE2213_11_A.12
I guess it doesn't matter, right?
I'm literally trying to fix this turd of a pc .. You can use the guide to get the image yourself or a few of the others posted the images a few posts towards the end

Could just grab one of them.

Up to you

suz06

Dec 29, 2018
Yes, it's up to me now ;)
Good luck with your PC.

I'm using ubuntu (dual boot with w10) for adb/fastboot. It was too much trouble with windows for the USB driver when I routed for the first time :(
But I have a running W10 for the paylod dumper ;)

Reactions: dladz

suz06

Dec 29, 2018
I looked for the official stock firmware on the OP website but I can't find it!
Does anyone know where I can find it?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to root my phone set it up and then I updated my phone and now I have lost root and the problem is the first time I rooted the phone the version was NE2213_11_A.10 now is A.13 and I can't find anywhere and magisk patch Boot Image with this version can anyone Help? I need EU version NE2213_11_A.13
    There is all you need!
    Quick question - if I am rooted - if I download and install full zip via normal in-built updater, when do I need to install magisk in to the other slot? Once it downloads and extract the update before that button which will restart the device? Or does it work somehow else in this case?
    Asking because of this new updater in comparison to the old one from the previous oneplus devices.
    After you've used the local installer and NOT yet rebooted.

It's an APK you need. It's in my guide in the OP.
    Yeah, I know about that OPLocal update apk, but I am asking about built-in updater :)
    If you use the in built updater you will not get chance to click install then not click reboot. It'll do it automatically, which is why were all using the APK to install updates..

It's after the local update says reboot (post install) you can't do that with the inbuilt updater, otherwise we all would.
    If you use the in built updater you will not get chance to click install then not click reboot. It'll do it automatically, which is why were all using the APK to install updates..

It's after the local update says reboot (post install) you can't do that with the inbuilt updater, otherwise we all would.
    There is one chance to click on the button, but it seems to be somewhere before the whole installatino process begins, then it reboots. But ok, thank you for the clarification :)
    There is one chance to click on the button, but it seems to be somewhere before the whole installatino process begins, then it reboots. But ok, thank you for the clarification :)

So you can definitely click install and it will install, but it'll place the stock boot image in place of the patched one and roots gone, it's an awful step OnePlus has taken with this, I'm just happy that that app exists, otherwise we'd be re-rooting everytime via fastboot..

Stick with the APK mate 👍🏻
    Hello everyone.
    Instructions for root Oneplus 10 Pro Color OS - Oxygen OS.
    1. Open Settings on your OnePlus 10 Pro and go to the ‘About Phone’ option.
    Look for the Build Number and tap 7-8 times on it. It will display ‘You are now a developer.’
    Go back to the main Settings then go to System > Developer Options.
    2. In Developer Options, you need to enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging
    3. Connect phone to PC and choice transfer file.
    4. Start adb and write adb reboot bootloader
    5. Unlock bootloader (fastboot flashing unlock)
    6. Need patched boot color os or Oxygen OS
    7. Then fastboot boot boot (magisk).img
    8. Start system
    9. Install latest magisk canary and tap to install automatically.
    10. Excellent
    Download: Repo AFH (Color - Oxygen OTA-Kernel) Mega Repo (Color - Oxygen Kernel)

Ps. Of course, you must have the correct drivers installed adb (Google to the rescue)
    UPD: Install drivers
    • Open Settings > Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates > see drivers when device connected
    sshot-1.jpg
    sshot-2.jpg
    sshot-3.jpg
    Here I am posting magisk patch boot.img EU version (NE2213_11_A.10)! I have succefully flashed it via fastboot.
    What the different between, boot, fasyboot, boatloader,flash, Rom,fastboot boot, and every words you write?
    Is rom the software for EU or global version?
    Do i need to change color os to oxygen os?

1. Boot - to boot up / start the system /. Start with one thing / choose something to start with / to boot.

2. Bootloader - the bootloader is the place you need to be and to have in order to boot anything, also the pre operating system where you can alter options before the OS.

3. Flash - to flash eg: an image, differently to booting, to flash is to change a partition permanently until flashed again, booting is singular, it will not survive a reboot, flashing will survive, if the image is correct then it'll work, if anything goes wrong then it'll fail and unlike booting it'll remain failed.

4. ROM - read only memory, or in our case the ROM is the image that you use in order to replace an operating system, it houses all the content and images in an encrypted format or firmware that we require in order to flash a phone/tablet/computer, all architectures require an OS.

5. Fastboot - similar to the bootloader, fastboot is a protocol used in order to affect the already established operating system via a pre operating system environment, it's from here you would use the vast majority of commands used in today's rooting and unlocking procedures.

6. ROM isn't specific it's a piece of code in a structure you cannot change against how it was intended, hence read ONLY memory.

7. ADB - android debug bridge (you didn't ask for this but it's a huge part of Android) adb can be used to install apps, remove apps, delete files, add files, it's here you learn the OS and it's file structure, you'd never know program files lived in the C drive is you didn't look, adb let's you push and pull, install, uninstall from this time structure from your computer, I can't emphasize enough how important this is, it ties into everything.

Most of this can be found on Google mate, I would have thought.

I answered all this from the top of my head, maybe some of this may have altered, but it's pretty accurate id say.
    OK ok, i got it working, the bootloader unlock i mean.
    The problem was my computer, reinstalled drivers and platform tools and now i had it unlocked with 'fastboot flashing unlock' command.
    Has anyone managed to find a copy of the North American firmware yet?

Version number is NN2215_11_A.10