Root OnePlus 7 Pro , Install Magisk And EdXposed

Search This thread

Kingmohdarif

Nov 10, 2014
There Is No TWRP Until Now As Its Been Just 4 Days. But We Don't Need TWRP When We Have Magisk:cowboy: . What I Did :-
1:- Downloaded The Stock Boot Image From Github
2:- Downloaded Latest Magisk Manager And Installed.
3:- Patched Stock Boot Image With Magisk.
Download Here
4:- Flashed The Boot Image Using
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
5:- Rebooted. Dang Its Done:laugh:

Credits :- acervenky for stock image.

Xposed

1:- Download Riru-Core From Here
2:- Download EdXposed From Here
3:- Goto Magisk Click On Modules Click On + Button Than Choose Riru And Do Same From EdXoosed.
4:- Reboot And Install EdXposed Apk From Here

Enjoy:cool:

Apr 18, 2011
Has anyone tried the european Variant gm1913?

Don't do it, I did and now my device is messed up until I can find a full stock zip. Didn't think to backup my stock boot image unfortunately, with the patched boot image I got here wifi won't work anymore and the settings app became very unstable.

Does anyone have a stock 9.5.4 boot image for GM1913? Or a flashable zip for GM1913? Any help would be much appreciated..

Apr 18, 2011
Does this work with a T-Mobile variant that's bootloader unlocked?

I don't think so - or it will but you can't use the patched boot image posted by others here. If I understand correctly you'll need to patch your own rom's boot image. I think the T-mobile version is its own model (not the GM1917 that most people here have).

I used the patched boot image for GM1917 on a GM1913 and now my wifi and most settings are broken. And unfortunately I can't find a stock zip flash file to recover anywhere... I guess that's how it is buying the phone on launch day in Europe.

Cyril-29200

Dec 12, 2013
Don't do it, I did and now my device is messed up until I can find a full stock zip. Didn't think to backup my stock boot image unfortunately, with the patched boot image I got here wifi won't work anymore and the settings app became very unstable.

Does anyone have a stock 9.5.4 boot image for GM1913? Or a flashable zip for GM1913? Any help would be much appreciated..

Did you solve your issue ?
I got the same when I try, no wifi on the patched boot.
And unfortunately like you I suppose, I wiped and erased the system..... Spend 4h30 trying to solve it ahah

I did find and download the OTA 9.5.4 from XDA dev named
9.5.4-GM21BA-OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.E.08_OTA_008_all_1905150058_12457a8b-FASTBOOT
, if you copy and past this name on Google you will find a download link, and I used the All-In-One tools to flash it, you can here this software : here
Because when I tried to flash with the fastboot command, my device was stucked in the Fastboot Mode and could not do anything for 4h30 until I use the All-in-one tools

Hope it can help

Last edited:

coolguy

Jun 19, 2007
I thought gm1917 is US version which only has 9.5.3 as latest ?
Are you sure you are gm1917?

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Yep running fine on my phone with 9.5.4, Magisk 19.2.
Phone is a GM1917

thought gm1917 is US version which only has 9.5.3 as latest ?
Are you sure you are gm1917?

Volidon

Dec 14, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro

From the other thread, that's a sign the wrong boot image was flashed

timebandi

Aug 3, 2008
I am European with GM1913 with patched 9.5.4 and works flawless! Used the image in here:
xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/guide-root-oneplus-7-pro-patched-boot-t3931205

ankursethi

May 18, 2019
Noob question: Can someone point me in the right direction on how to update to the recently released 9.5.4 if I am rooted with this method?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Munk0

Jun 24, 2010
Sacramento
Aren't we missing the command of "fastboot oem unlock"? Actually aren't we missing several steps from the instructions? Like these:

1) Become a "Developer" by clicking on "About Phone" from the settings menu.
2) Click on "Build Number" over and over until it says you are now a developer.
3) Go to the "Developer Options" from within the "System" section.
4) Turn ON "OEM Unlocking".
5) Boot into FastBoot menu through one of three methods. The easiest is turning ON "Advanced Reboot", holding the power button until the menu pops up and selecting "Bootloader".
6) Once rebooted, type "fastboot OEM Unlocking" to fully unlock the device. (The device will now wipe everything).

Mix some of the instructions from Kingmohdarif in here at the end or somewhere in there.

QUBiCA

Jan 15, 2011
/dev/urandom
HTC One X
HTC One (M8)
Aren't we missing the command of "fastboot oem unlock"? Actually aren't we missing several steps from the instructions? Like these:

1) Become a "Developer" by clicking on "About Phone" from the settings menu.
2) Click on "Build Number" over and over until it says you are now a developer.
3) Go to the "Developer Options" from within the "System" section.
4) Turn ON "OEM Unlocking".
5) Boot into FastBoot menu through one of three methods. The easiest is turning ON "Advanced Reboot", holding the power button until the menu pops up and selecting "Bootloader".
6) Once rebooted, type "fastboot OEM Unlocking" to fully unlock the device. (The device will now wipe everything).

Mix some of the instructions from Kingmohdarif in here at the end or somewhere in there.

Well yeah OP makes some assumptions.

I typed "fastboot flashing unlock" instead of what you said but maybe both works.

Anyways, as OP said, we don't have TWRP yet so we must do more ourselves. I've extracted the lastest STOCK boot image from version 9.5.5.GM21BA (at the time of writing the last on downloads.oneplus.com and also what my 7 Pro is running right now). I patched it with Magisk 19.2 and flashed it using "fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img".

Result was successful, latest firmware, Magisk rooted :good:

The patched boot image was too large to include so I uploaded it to some random file hosting site: https://www.file-up.org/z8ka0weyftcv

To extract the stock boot image I used this nice tool: https://github.com/cyxx/extract_android_ota_payload

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There Is No TWRP Until Now As Its Been Just 4 Days. But We Don't Need TWRP When We Have Magisk:cowboy: . What I Did :-
    1:- Downloaded The Stock Boot Image From Github
    2:- Downloaded Latest Magisk Manager And Installed.
    3:- Patched Stock Boot Image With Magisk.
    Download Here
    4:- Flashed The Boot Image Using
    fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
    5:- Rebooted. Dang Its Done:laugh:

Credits :- acervenky for stock image.

Xposed

1:- Download Riru-Core From Here
    2:- Download EdXposed From Here
    3:- Goto Magisk Click On Modules Click On + Button Than Choose Riru And Do Same From EdXoosed.
    4:- Reboot And Install EdXposed Apk From Here

Enjoy:cool:
    I flashed magisk patced boot img extracting from 5.8.8 zip made by magisk manager , but after flashing I manually power off the phone and then power on , but phone did not booted. after few attempt I had to flash stock boot image of 98 mb by fastboot , then phone booted . What did I wrong ?

Now U Don't Have To Do That Bro. Just Use TWRP Method To Root. Am Going To Upload Full Rooting Guide On My YouTube Channel Very Soon.
    I also tried that. I flashed twrp by fastboot then flashed magisk by twrp. But no hope, phone was not booting. Rebooted to twrp again. I flashed twrp in both slot also .
    Finally I flashed the Stock 5.8.8 twrp zip rom and saved.
    I need a permanent twrp .
    Thanks

Bro That's Not How It Works. U Don't Have To Flash TWRP As it'll Replace Boot Image. U Have To Just Boot The TWRP using
    fastboot boot (recovery name).img
    Than Flash TWRP Zip.

If Boot Command Is Not Working Than U Have To Backup The boot.img Than Flash TWRP Patched Boot Image (Simply TWRP) . And Then flash boot.img Using TWRP. Than Flash TWRP Zip. Hope U Understand. Sorry About My English.
    I also tried that. I flashed twrp by fastboot then flashed magisk by twrp. But no hope, phone was not booting. Rebooted to twrp again. I flashed twrp in both slot also .
    Finally I flashed the Stock 5.8.8 twrp zip rom and saved.
    I need a permanent twrp .
    Thanks

Sounds like you're doing it wrong. Just follow the "recommended" install instruction in the TWRP developer's thread (top post).
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-recovery-t3931322

Fastboot boot TWRP.img (not flash). Then in TWRP, flash the TWRP installer zip. Then in TWRP flash Magisk. Done.

And why are you flashing the stock ROM after all the other steps? If this is truly a stock ROM, by doing this, you are unrooting, and wiping out TWRP (even if it was installed).