• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root oneplus 7t Pro

Search This thread

DiOriginal

Dec 1, 2014
I wanted to update my one plus 7t pro but I don't know why even if I used the incremental update I don't have anymore the root. Now I have the following build: Oxygen OS 10.0.8.HD01BA (Europe).
The problem is that I didn't find any patched bootable .img for the version 10.0.8HD01BA.
Is it possible to root my phone with version 10.0.8 or I need to go back to version 10.0.7, root it and then again made the incremental update?.

Thank you in advance.

FSadino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2011
Blue River City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
I wanted to update my one plus 7t pro but I don't know why even if I used the incremental update I don't have anymore the root. Now I have the following build: Oxygen OS 10.0.8.HD01BA (Europe).
The problem is that I didn't find any patched bootable .img for the version 10.0.8HD01BA.
Is it possible to root my phone with version 10.0.8 or I need to go back to version 10.0.7, root it and then again made the incremental update?.

Thank you in advance.

You don't need to revert 10.0.7 to root, you can use this guide to root 10.0.8 -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/7t-pro/how-to/10-0-3-patched-boot-image-oneplus-7t-pro-t3986351

Thank you in advance.
Also, after downloading the update, don't press reboot.
Go to magisk manager and select install and pick install to inactive slot wait till it's done then reboot.
Always remember to disable modules that could make your device boot loop and restart your device before doing the update process

If you do it this way you don't have to keep making or asking others for patched images and have to use your computer

GrAlMyLi

Apr 21, 2019

Thank you in advance.

Hi I have version 10.0.8 EU and used this one https://forum.xda-developers.com/7t-pro/how-to/magisk-auto-install-tool-magisk-t4001471

worked for me

mastrok

Mar 23, 2018
man i swear i tried somthing and it worked and i pass SafetyNet right now. i'am not a professional and i dont know what exactly i did that fixed the problem. but i will tell you what i did.
- i had some problems with my phone so i did MSM-flashtool it to get it back to clean
- then i installed latest magisk application 7.5.1 from github.
-patched my boot image and flashed it
-i got safetynet check failed.
-i then removed magisk by installing the stock boot image again.
-then i downloaded an older version of magisk which is 7.4.0.
-flashed the same patched boot image again.
WALLAH! i passed safteynet and magisk hide works with bank and google pay apps agian ! <3
-then i updated magisk from the app both manager and magisk zip
-rebooted
-still my safetynet passes! try it and tell me guys!

Last edited: