[ROOT ONLY] AA AIO TWEAKER - The ultimate Android Auto Utility

Search This thread

Carmtinny

Dec 22, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Use AuroraStore (Foss google play store) and keep real f*cking google store disabled or frozen.
It is interesting this possibility that you propose to use Aurorastore instead of Google store / Play. Have you tested it? Can you give us some more information? I guess it doesn't ask you for the AA update !! If you have a "working situation" can I ask you the versions of the App you use? Do you have the Root? Thanks in advance if you want to answer.

Update: Thanks anyway, I solved the problem without using AA Aio Tweaker/ Google Play ecc...

Last edited:

Carmtinny

Dec 22, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
You could say how, maybe it will be useful to someone else...
Of course, my problem was how to disable the automatic updates of the Play store, and I found the AuroraStore proposal interesting, but I solved it by disabling the updates directly from the play store.

Here is my tested "working solution" of ScreenToAuto:
(I state that I have a Xiaomi MI10T lite with Root)
AAuto 7.4.620964 (but I think any version could be fine taking into account what is written below)
Aease 0.4 (although designed for unrooted phones, it did its job with my rooted)
Screen2Auto 3.6.3

P.S. about using AA Aio Tweacer .....

I have not patched s2A with AA Aio Tweacher (not used / not installed);

-s2A installed via AAEase which evidently reads the "modified" package of s2a
-I still removed the automatic installation for Google Play updates, so I can determine if and which update to install ...
and… magically it works !!

It is interesting this possibility that you propose to use Aurorastore instead of Google store / Play. Have you tested it? Can you give us some more information? I guess it doesn't ask you for the AA update !! If you have a "working situation" can I ask you the versions of the App you use? Do you have the Root? Thanks in advance if you want to answer.

Update: Thanks anyway, I solved the problem without using AA Aio Tweaker/ Google Play ecc...
Yes tested and I'm still on AA ver 6.9 and s2a 3.6.2.. No auto update forced ever, no time bombs in AA to force you for update... All nice and smooth.. Im using netguard to block all necessary google [email protected] offline(including AA, gmaps, google app,etc), all others are disabled or frozen. To update my apps I use AuroraStore. I don't use gmaps but instead I'm using osmand maps from f-droid, also working in AA.

Last edited:

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
Yes tested and I'm still on AA ver 6.9 and s2a 3.6.2.. No auto update forced ever, no time bombs in AA to force you for update... All nice and smooth.. Im using netguard to block all necessary google [email protected] offline(including AA, gmaps, google app,etc), all others are disabled or frozen. To update my apps I use AuroraStore. I don't use gmaps but instead I'm using osmand maps from f-droid, also working in AA.
I'm doing almost the same now.. It's funny i also use osmand.. :)
It's not very popular..
:)
Let's see if AA will last forever or it does have time bombing.
I have done many things but always after months, it forces me to update some time..
This time i also block internet almost to everything of Google. Except Google voice, because i use it to speak and write in map app (sygic, waze etc).. But Google play services and everything else doesn't have internet at all..

Reactions: drnightshadow

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Yesterday I successfully installed Fermata, CarTube and Screen2Auto - details can be found in this post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-only-for-root-devices.4062787/post-86771647

Currently I'm using the latest AA but to prevent its updates I use Hide My Applist (HMA, LSPosed module) for detaching AA from Google Play.
That way Playstore does not see AA as installed and does not bother or attempt to update AA:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...te-android-auto-utility.4194239/post-86119983

To prevent phenotype updates in the background (AA removing Fermata, CarTube and/or Screen2Auto from the panel), I executed the shell script aa_block_3rdapp_hack..sh from @sebi3481:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...te-android-auto-utility.4194239/post-86091595

I will see over the weekend and next week how it stays

But I had the same solution for prevention AA updates for 2,5 months (Dec-Mar) on my previous phone and everything worked fine

Last edited:

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
Yesterday I successfully installed Fermata, CarTube and Screen2Auto - details can be found in this post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...g-only-for-root-devices.4062787/post-86771647

Currently I'm using the latest AA but to prevent its updates I use Hide My Applist (HMA, LSPosed module) for detaching AA from Google Play.
That way Playstore does not see AA as installed and does not bother or attempt to update AA:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...te-android-auto-utility.4194239/post-86119983

To prevent phenotype updates in the background (AA removing Fermata, CarTube and/or Screen2Auto from the panel), I executed the shell script aa_block_3rdapp_hack..sh from @sebi3481:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...te-android-auto-utility.4194239/post-86091595

I will see over the weekend and next week how it stays

But I had the same solution for prevention AA updates for 2,5 months (Dec-Mar) on my previous phone and everything worked fine
I didn't use anything and everything was using for 4-6 months.. Many times through years.. The problem is that after that it force you to update. If anyone makes a year without forcing him to update, then he has done something good.. To have it working just for 2 months, don't use anything.. 95% it will still works.

ticrandall

Oct 30, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Has anyone found an updated 'how to' to get s2a or youtube, or anything to work? I've wasted a lot of hours reading threads with no clear info. I've tried all of the apps and can't get anything to work. I briefly had casting working and then it stops after unplugging phone. I've tried, AA AIO Tweaker, (that got casting to work), AAAD, AAEase, Car Stream, Screen2Auto.. I can't get anything to work

I want to be able to leave an old android phone plugged in and have a useful screen in my car. Youtube/Hbo/Paramount Plus, etc.
This looks interesting but for $329 I dont' get how there isn't a way to just use an old phone.
| https://onecarstereo.com/products/qualcomm-octa-core-carplay-ai-box

Thank for any help!

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Has anyone found an updated 'how to' to get s2a or youtube, or anything to work? I've wasted a lot of hours reading threads with no clear info. I've tried all of the apps and can't get anything to work. I briefly had casting working and then it stops after unplugging phone. I've tried, AA AIO Tweaker, (that got casting to work), AAAD, AAEase, Car Stream, Screen2Auto.. I can't get anything to work

I want to be able to leave an old android phone plugged in and have a useful screen in my car. Youtube/Hbo/Paramount Plus, etc.
This looks interesting but for $329 I dont' get how there isn't a way to just use an old phone.
| https://onecarstereo.com/products/qualcomm-octa-core-carplay-ai-box

Thank for any help!
Eg, two posts above yours. Yesterday installed, today still using CarTube and Fermata (both for watching YT) plus Screen2Auto (where I can also open and watch YT)

However, when you read and go through the links I put, you'll see that my phone is rooted (and that I used the root/Magisk actively)

ticrandall

Oct 30, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Eg, two posts above yours. Yesterday installed, today still using CarTube and Fermata (both for watching YT) plus Screen2Auto (where I can also open and watch YT)

However, when you read and go through the links I put, you'll see that my phone is rooted (and that I used the root/Magisk actively)
I tried to follow through your post, but couldn't make out how you went about doing it all. S2A is in russian?, and there didn't seem to be any directions for it. My phone is also rooted, old Pixel 2xl with Lineage. Your post is why I tried AAease, but.. nothing seems to happen.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
@ticrandall
Directions for S2A are in the OP post in the S2A thread.
For Russian and other languages I use Chrome (mobile phone) - Chrome automatically translates

Shushu234

Apr 24, 2022
Hi,
I want to apply the coolwalk tweak.
I am enabling it in the AA tweaker app and restarting.

After the restart I have checked the sqlite database and all the coolwalk boolean flags remain at 0.
The coolwalk option does not appear on the AA settings screen as well.

I'm using an miui 13 android 12 device.
(mi 10t lite).

What am I doing wrong here ?
Why are the sqlite changes not occuring ?
MIUI is to blame ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sebi3481

Apr 16, 2016
Hi,

After the restart I have checked the sqlite database and all the coolwalk boolean flags remain at 0.

(mi 10t lite).

MIUI is to blame ?

Thanks.
Hello,
I think the tweak removes into Flags database and modifies/adds into FlagOverrides which must take priority.

Jck0day

Hi,

(mi 10t lite).

MIUI is to blame ?

Thanks.
Same here and nothing happen in the Android Auto ui :/

Hello,

I tried this program and I want to add Sygic to AA so I go under "Select Apps" and slide the slider over but it does not add the icon to AA. I have the Patch Apps with a green check mark. What am I doing wrong? Android 12.1 with AA 7.4.620964-release. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure if it will show up now in the AA UI, but it reset the application strangely. What's the exact direction to make it work?

Thanks!

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
on which version of Android Auto can I use all third-party apps?
Taking your question strictly, not possible with any version of Android Auto

First, an app must be built with the framework for Android Auto, and most apps (by default) are not built that way

For that reason you have to use an app like Screen2Auto - you will run Screen2Auto over AA, and inside the Screen2Auto you will open YouTube, EMail, Playstore, etc - then Screen2Auto will project those 'third party' apps to the Infotainment display (aka Head unit), or informally to the AA

Alternatively, you could use Fermata player to play from YouTube service. For Fermata you don't need Screen2Auto because Fermata is built for AA, hence you can directly run Fermata from AA.
Or, instead of Fermata, you could use CarTube to play from the YT service, but CarTube will not allow you to play while the car is running (only when engine is switched off)

Although the mentioned apps like Screen2Auto, Fermata and CarTube are built for AA, AA have them on the 'blocked' list - and that is why you need the hacks to prevent AA to remove them

Finally, even through Screen2Auto you cannot play Netflix - but that's because of DRM restrictions

Taking your question strictly word by word, the answer is negative (not possible to play all apps over the AA, no matter which AA version you use)

But for that reason you have the hacks like Screen2Auto, Fermata, CarTube - take a search on XDA to find the corresponding threads and to read where to download those apps, how to install, configure and use them

Finally, back to the AA version. I have AA v7.4.620964 (few weeks ago when I was installing, it was the latest available AA version) and I successfully use Screen2Auto Fermata and CarTube with - and that way, I can watch from YT or even write mails on the (AA) Infotainment screen. Hence vaguely and imprecisely speaking, by your words, " I can run (all) third party apps on AA (with that AA version)"

Some details how I installed and applied the hacks (info otherwise scattered around the various XDA threads), about my phone, ROM, root:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Meet AA AIO TWEAKER, the new Swiss Army Knife for a less restrictive and more feature-ful Android Auto!

Screenshot_20201204-143755694.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-143758706.jpg

How do I use it?
    Allow root access, choose what you want, reboot, and then forget about it :)

How does it work?

This app uses SQLite commands to override some flags related to Android Auto into the Google Play Services.

Google Play Services control a lot of features inside Android Auto. Some of them are core functionality of Android Auto, some of them are upcoming feature that are simply not yet released.

What this app does is making some SQLite queries in order to alter some features of Android Auto. It contains the trick inside AA Phenotype Patcher to patch custom apps in order to work in AA (and the same script is contained) and with the same principle it unlocks some other things in Android Auto.

Available commands (as of version 1.5):
    • Patch for custom Android Auto apps
    • Disable speed restrictions while driving (preview of messages will be shown always)
    • Disable six tap limit (the banner asking to pay attention to road will not be shown anymore)
    • Enable Assistant Shortcuts (you can learn more here: https://www.xda-developers.com/andr...llpaper-and-tests-google-assistant-shortcuts/)
    • Enable assistant animation in navbar
    • Disable launch of Navigator app at start
    • Disable red outline on battery icon when Battery Saver is active
    • Enable force Widescreen (or force disable it)
    • Force statusbar to be black opaque
    • Disable battery saver warning
    • Enable MultiDisplay
    • Set notification duration from 0ms to 20 seconds
    • Set media notification duration (on the bar) to up to 15 minutes
    • (BETA) Disable Bluetooth auto connect

Hopefully more to come :)

How is this different from AA Phenotype Patcher?
    It just contains more features, the project is actually a fork of AA Phenotype Patcher, and share a lot of core functionality under the hood.

Can I use this app instead of AA Phenotype Patcher?
    Yes you can, but if you have already patched apps with AA Phenotype Patcher, you can leave it like that and simply apply the other tweaks. This app won't check if the apps are already patched via AA Phenotype Patcher, so you won't have a green check status at the start.

How is this different from Sensible Android Auto: Xposed?
    This app doesn't need Xposed, which in some cases is one more pain to have. Also, it should survive Android Auto updates (unless the flag are changed) without any user modification.

Can I use this app instead of Sensible Android Auto: Xposed?
    Yes, you can. The functionaility is the same, the only "advantage" is not having to install Xposed to make it work. This app won't check if you have SAAX installed so you won't have a green check status at the start. If you are familiar with SAAX and you want to keep it, you may not want to disable speed limitation and six tap with this app.

Can the app be translated in my language?
    Translations are open! If you feel like you may be able to translate the app in your language, join translations on Crowdin so that the app will be translated in your language, or simply wait for someone else that will translate the app.

Source code

Download

Credits:
    @Jen94 for the original app whitelist hack
    SAAX by @agentdr8 who inspired me for some features of this app
    AA Phenotype Patcher by @Eselter
    Heya!

New version of AA AIO TWEAKER (version 3.0) is live on GitHub and brings the following changes:

• IMPROVED: the app will now have a better handling for finding Google accounts inside the Google Play Services database. This should fix the problems of tweaks not effectively applied
    • IMPROVED: many of the buttons texts have been re-vised to correctly report the activate/deactivate task that they will execute
    • IMPROVED: the most intense and time consuming tweaks will now display a loading bar that will prevent from a database corruption
    • NEW: the app will now proactively warn the user if no Google accounts were found in the device
    • NEW: music media tabs tweak! Get the new UI for music apps earlier!
    • FIXED: fixed a crash that used to happen while applying the patch for apps
    • IMPROVED: the status of the tweak will now be more realistic, switching to green status when the tweak is succesfully applied
    • IMPROVED: translations have been updated
    • IMPROVED: telemetry tweak has been revisited cleaning up some other analytics/tracing/logging by Google
    • IMPROVED: multi display tweak has been revisited allowing the new mode of cluster display with launcher

If you wanna take part of translations in your native language, join translation project on Crowdin https://crowdin.com/project/aa-aio-tweaker

Download from GitHub

1611241179285.png

If you really like my work consider a donation via Paypal, even a small amount will be appreciated.

I also accept cryptocurrencies:

BTC (BitCoin) address: 39bdKem8taTZvm2WeyH8wwDhYKzZ2PzhGn
    ETH (Ethereum) address: 0x3D9e6862590622245875B5b202b53E14E8052FA8
    LTC (LiteCoin) address: MHff2pPF4YHafcFYEVG55yFbx3yGXDBh1T
    SNX address: 0xA25aFED131D856121b7a5821f215F7929D44f39d
    MKR address: 0xfeb551F1Eb00e803dBa99637d29FdA2aB669C552
    AAVE address: 0x2F7e7e731c9a9934b2Dc00104E1c47a7f0f61cDe
    CGLD (Celo gold) address: 0xfF7784185Fc4807Bc560afb78918690Af1dcd929
    BAND address: 0x2e445f1C65496E27BeBA9F726B708b771f722dC2
    Another version has been pushed with some bug fixes, download here: https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/releases/tag/v3.0.1
    Heya!

New version of AA AIO TWEAKER (version 5.0.1) is live on GitHub and brings the following changes:

• FIXED: Coolwalk design activation
    • FIXED: Some indicators not behaving correctly to activation of the exact tweak

If you wanna take part of translations in your native language, join translation project on Crowdin https://crowdin.com/project/aa-aio-tweaker

Download from GitHub

1611241179285.png

If you really like my work consider a donation. Infos in the bio down below!
    Heya!

Earlier this week a big update has been released for AA AIO TWEAKER. Version 4.0 introduced the following changes:

• NEW: Multi Account Mode! Since in the past few weeks it has been discovered that having too many Google Accounts stored in the device, if AA AIO TWEAKER finds a large number of accounts, it will now prompt the user to either choose which accounts the patch should be applied to or use all with an experimental way of applying the tweaks. This should successfully prevent the error "Could not open database".
    • NEW: Update checker! AA AIO TWEAKER will automatically check for updates at start and will prompt the user if a new version of AA AIO TWEAKER is available. Not applicable to older versions.
    • NEW: When copying logs a link will be created to a pastebin which will contain the log. Copying and pasting a very long text is not ideal and having them into pastebin is better for sharing them
    • NEW: Tweak for activating the new day/night toggle
    • NEW: Delete car tweak
    • IMPROVED: UI of splash screen
    • IMPROVED: AAStream will now be displayed on top of the apps list
    • IMPROVED: "Reboot to apply" button will not appear if tweak is not applied successfully
    • FIXED: Telemetry tweak inserting two identical rows
    • NEW: Every tweak that requires a seekbar interaction now has a button to bring back the seekbar to original value
    • FIXED: Potential bug with file management resulting in sqlite3 not properly copied to device
    • FIXED: Visual bug in showing the saved value of Agenda and Notification Duration tweaks
    • FIXED: Status indicator for alphabet jump tweak

Version 4.0.1 is the latest and it has some bug fixes:

• FIXED: copy of logs
    • FIXED: list of accounts in the account chooser activity
    • FIXED: potential crashes when showing the reboot button
    • FIXED: experimental mode of multi account will now be applied to day/night switch tweak too
    • IMPROVED: patching mechanism has been revisited further more, hopefully narrowing down database access errors
    • IMPROVED: Welcome screen is now centered and will scroll if needed :)

As always, download is available on GitHub

1611241179285.png

If you really like my work consider a donation. That would really help my motivation and I would really appreciate even a very small contribution. Infos in the bio down below!