[ROOT ONLY] AA AIO TWEAKER - The ultimate Android Auto Utility

Search This thread

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
Early version of AA (7.xx) used to have a Weather widget in Coolwalk, in the top right where we have navigation suggestions, etc. I have not seen that show up in AA 8.x, has anyone gotten it to show up?

Or is there something we can do in phenotype.db to bring it back?

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Heya!

New version of AA AIO TWEAKER (version 5.2.1) is live on GitHub and brings the following changes:

• DELETED: Option to pre-activate custom boot option as it was dropped by AA
  • NEW: Option to enable Coolwalk day/night interface. Somewhat broken now
  • NEW: Option for activating Material You settings
  • UPDATED: Patch for bluetooth killer has been redvised. Currently not tested enough so give feedback.
  • UPDATED: Coolwalk patch with new flags. Currently the only interesting one is the change layout option (broken)
  • FIXED: Bug resulting in force widescreen tweak not being correctly detected after rebooting.
  • FIXED: Bug on the message auto-read button when deactivating the tweak
  • UPDATED: Translations

If you wanna take part of translations in your native language, join translation project on Crowdin https://crowdin.com/project/aa-aio-tweaker

1611241179285.png

If you really like my work consider a donation. Infos in the bio down below!

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Early version of AA (7.xx) used to have a Weather widget in Coolwalk, in the top right where we have navigation suggestions, etc. I have not seen that show up in AA 8.x, has anyone gotten it to show up?

Or is there something we can do in phenotype.db to bring it back?

It's probably possible to force it bringing it back but not on Coolwalk design at the time being. Right now I have Coolwalk officially rolled out on my rooted device so it's kinda tricky for me to test but I think I can figure out a way.

Reactions: ph03n!x

mn1968

Nov 7, 2011
I recently discovered that AA AIO Tweaker was updated and installed v 5.2.0. The only mod I use is to disable the tap limits. However, I found that once I installed the new AA AIO, I could no longer access Android Auto Settings on my head unit - the screen displayed "No Options". I am curious if anyone else has encountered this.

Thanks,

Reactions: lukjod

lukjod

Aug 12, 2004
Warsaw
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I recently discovered that AA AIO Tweaker was updated and installed v 5.2.0. The only mod I use is to disable the tap limits. However, I found that once I installed the new AA AIO, I could no longer access Android Auto Settings on my head unit - the screen displayed "No Options". I am curious if anyone else has encountered this.

Thanks,
Yes I have the same and also on mynaviexpert navigation i can't search or view recently used destinatoons. After uninstall of 5.2 all was ok, didnt tried 5.2.1 thought

sebi3481

Apr 16, 2016
Hello, the mod to disable the tap limit does not work for several versions. I could see that as soon as ContentBrowse__enable_speed_bump_projected is set to false, the speedbump warning no longer appears but however we cannot scroll more than 3 times on the screen: I tested in spotify and we cannot browse all playlists. I tried to understand the source code of the com.google.android.projection.gearhead app but I can't find a solution. I know there is unlimited browse mode but I don't know how to enable it by editing phenotype.db. If anyone has an idea or a lead they are welcome.

mn1968

Nov 7, 2011
Yes I have the same and also on mynaviexpert navigation i can't search or view recently used destinatoons. After uninstall of 5.2 all was ok, didnt tried 5.2.1 thought
I have tried now with both v 5.2.0 & v5.2.1 and the settings on the head unit disappear with both. Once I uninstall AIO Tweaker and reboot then settings show up on the head unit again.
Hello, the mod to disable the tap limit does not work for several versions. I could see that as soon as ContentBrowse__enable_speed_bump_projected is set to false, the speedbump warning no longer appears but however we cannot scroll more than 3 times on the screen: I tested in spotify and we cannot browse all playlists. I tried to understand the source code of the com.google.android.projection.gearhead app but I can't find a solution. I know there is unlimited browse mode but I don't know how to enable it by editing phenotype.db. If anyone has an idea or a lead they are welcome.
I will confirm that the "remove tap limitation" function of AIO Tweaker does NOT work on v5.2.1 - after 6 taps the screen still pauses "for safety".

I would like to know, if at at all possible, which values to edit in the phenotype.db

Tomasz_RS

How do I launch the vertical menu bar? I'm struggling with this and can't find a solution. I have a rooted Xperia XZ1 and a non-rooted Xperia 1 - neither works. Unchecking the app widget doesn't change anything, only the app icons in the bar change to the audio player.
Coolwalk of course

vukis

May 5, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
screen2auto still not work on my car unit,when I press it,just black.so, sorry.
I had similar issue. Updated screen2auto, Android auto and now I cannot get screen2auto back to Android auto apps page even after patching it via AA AIO TWEAKER.
Also Android system complains that screen2suto is malicious and should be uninstalled. Disabling play store play protect does not work to resolve those system complains.

milanored

Oct 19, 2011
hey guys witch AA version i have to use ?
do I have to downgrade to a certain version of AA ?
Or can I use the newest one from google play ?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I have an older AA AIO Tweaker v5.0.2 (even disabled aka frozen by pm) but today Play Protect started to warn that the app is harmful (screenshots attached)

I don't know if that is 'fixed" by the latest versions of AIO Tweaker?

Actually, my AA is already patched - I don't use Screen2Auto but only Fermata (to watch or better to say to listen YT on the head unit in the car)

Hence I think that I could safely uninstall AIO Tweaker (and temporarily install it again by also shortly disabling Play Protect only if/when I would have to tweak my Android Auto next time)

---

PS: Yeah, I've uninstalled AA AIO Tweaker and I checked, my AA still has Developer mode properly enabled (screenshot)

I'll test tomorrow if Fermata still works correctly in AA

Attachments

• IMG_20230213_214515.jpg
    IMG_20230213_214515.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20230213_214617.jpg
    IMG_20230213_214617.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230213_214533.jpg
    IMG_20230213_214533.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2023-02-13-21-52-36-469_android-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-13-21-52-36-469_android-edit.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2023-02-13-22-19-31-966_com.google.android.projection.gearhead-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-13-22-19-31-966_com.google.android.projection.gearhead-edit.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2023-02-13-22-18-21-398_com.google.android.projection.gearhead-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-13-22-18-21-398_com.google.android.projection.gearhead-edit.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Bladinium

Oct 28, 2012
I don't understand, I installed the new version but since then, Screen2auto doesn't work anymore, it doesn't display anymore :( Does anyone have any information about this problem?

shaunoleary

Jan 27, 2013
Rockhampton
I have just now managed to get Screen2Auto working nicely - latest AA, and latest S2A (3.6.4).Running LineageOS 11 on Pixel 3, rooted with Magisk. I don't know if it will work on 12 or not.

I won't post here the full details of the method I used, only because of the very high chance it will be worked around, and the next we know it will stop working again. I'm really sorry about that - if I felt it was safe for me to describe how to do it, I would more than happily share - I'm not trying to be mean.

What I can say is I used a Linux program to modify the S2A APK, and I am using the latest AIO Tweaker (5.2.1). It was quite easy and only took a few seconds. No complicated editing of SQL files by hand or any such thing.

Reactions: drnightshadow
I have just now managed to get Screen2Auto working nicely - latest AA, and latest S2A (3.6.4).Running LineageOS 11 on Pixel 3, rooted with Magisk. I don't know if it will work on 12 or not.

I won't post here the full details of the method I used, only because of the very high chance it will be worked around, and the next we know it will stop working again. I'm really sorry about that - if I felt it was safe for me to describe how to do it, I would more than happily share - I'm not trying to be mean.

What I can say is I used a Linux program to modify the S2A APK, and I am using the latest AIO Tweaker (5.2.1). It was quite easy and only took a few seconds. No complicated editing of SQL files by hand or any such thing.
Shaunoleary,

Thanks for giving some hope that this can be done again. I understand your reluctance to spell out a solution with how aggressive google is getting at banning S2A.

My main reason for using S2A was I had a task integrated into my home screen through Kustom KLWP to open and close my garage doors from further away than the 50-100' that my car can trigger it. Now that I am using Homelink which integrates into Android Auto and has this functionality, I may try to get S2A working again for S&Gs...

Good work on finding a solution.

Cheers,
B.D.

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Heya!

New version of AA AIO TWEAKER (version 5.2.2) is live on GitHub and brings the following changes:

• NEW: Tweak to forcebly deactivate Coolwalk
  • NEW: Tweak to force the portrait layout (Coolwalk only)
  • NEW: Tweak for activating inertial scroll
  • FIXED: Bug resulting in coolwalk day-night theme being active by simply activating Coolwalk
  • UPDATED: Tap limitations tweak has been revised for newer versions of AA
  • UPDATED: Disable Bluetooth tweak
  • UPDATED: Telemetry tweak with even less logging
  • UPDATED: Widescreen and no-widescreen tweak have been revised to work with Coolwalk
  • REMOVED: Tweak to add more days in calendar as AA doesn't allow this anymore
  • UPDATED: Coolwalk tweak with latest additions

If you wanna take part of translations in your native language, join translation project on Crowdin https://crowdin.com/project/aa-aio-tweaker

1611241179285.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Meet AA AIO TWEAKER, the new Swiss Army Knife for a less restrictive and more feature-ful Android Auto!

Screenshot_20201204-143755694.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-143758706.jpg

How do I use it?
    Allow root access, choose what you want, reboot, and then forget about it :)

How does it work?

This app uses SQLite commands to override some flags related to Android Auto into the Google Play Services.

Google Play Services control a lot of features inside Android Auto. Some of them are core functionality of Android Auto, some of them are upcoming feature that are simply not yet released.

What this app does is making some SQLite queries in order to alter some features of Android Auto. It contains the trick inside AA Phenotype Patcher to patch custom apps in order to work in AA (and the same script is contained) and with the same principle it unlocks some other things in Android Auto.

Available commands (as of version 1.5):
    • Patch for custom Android Auto apps
    • Disable speed restrictions while driving (preview of messages will be shown always)
    • Disable six tap limit (the banner asking to pay attention to road will not be shown anymore)
    • Enable Assistant Shortcuts (you can learn more here: https://www.xda-developers.com/andr...llpaper-and-tests-google-assistant-shortcuts/)
    • Enable assistant animation in navbar
    • Disable launch of Navigator app at start
    • Disable red outline on battery icon when Battery Saver is active
    • Enable force Widescreen (or force disable it)
    • Force statusbar to be black opaque
    • Disable battery saver warning
    • Enable MultiDisplay
    • Set notification duration from 0ms to 20 seconds
    • Set media notification duration (on the bar) to up to 15 minutes
    • (BETA) Disable Bluetooth auto connect

Hopefully more to come :)

How is this different from AA Phenotype Patcher?
    It just contains more features, the project is actually a fork of AA Phenotype Patcher, and share a lot of core functionality under the hood.

Can I use this app instead of AA Phenotype Patcher?
    Yes you can, but if you have already patched apps with AA Phenotype Patcher, you can leave it like that and simply apply the other tweaks. This app won't check if the apps are already patched via AA Phenotype Patcher, so you won't have a green check status at the start.

How is this different from Sensible Android Auto: Xposed?
    This app doesn't need Xposed, which in some cases is one more pain to have. Also, it should survive Android Auto updates (unless the flag are changed) without any user modification.

Can I use this app instead of Sensible Android Auto: Xposed?
    Yes, you can. The functionaility is the same, the only "advantage" is not having to install Xposed to make it work. This app won't check if you have SAAX installed so you won't have a green check status at the start. If you are familiar with SAAX and you want to keep it, you may not want to disable speed limitation and six tap with this app.

Can the app be translated in my language?
    Translations are open! If you feel like you may be able to translate the app in your language, join translations on Crowdin so that the app will be translated in your language, or simply wait for someone else that will translate the app.

Source code

Download

Credits:
    @Jen94 for the original app whitelist hack
    SAAX by @agentdr8 who inspired me for some features of this app
    AA Phenotype Patcher by @Eselter
    Heya!

New version of AA AIO TWEAKER (version 5.2.0) is live on GitHub and brings the following changes:

• DELETED: Option to pre-activate the custom seating option has been removed as merged into AA
    • DELETED: Casting app as it was deleted from AA
    • UPDATED: Option for activating Coolwalk has been updated with new logic and new features merged
    • UPDATED: Logic for the app patching
    • ADDED: Option to pre-activate Assistant suggestions on top of AA's launcher
    • ADDED: Option for adding a custom link shortcut to Android Auto. It is a left over of Android Auto's Easter Egg which includes full webview which actually goes full screen too. No back button and no keyboard support though.
    • ADDED: Option to pre-activate message auto-read.

Download from GitHub

1611241179285.png

Heya!

New version of AA AIO TWEAKER (version 5.0.1) is live on GitHub and brings the following changes:

• FIXED: Coolwalk design activation
    • FIXED: Some indicators not behaving correctly to activation of the exact tweak

Download from GitHub

1611241179285.png

Heya!

Earlier this week a big update has been released for AA AIO TWEAKER. Version 4.0 introduced the following changes:

• NEW: Multi Account Mode! Since in the past few weeks it has been discovered that having too many Google Accounts stored in the device, if AA AIO TWEAKER finds a large number of accounts, it will now prompt the user to either choose which accounts the patch should be applied to or use all with an experimental way of applying the tweaks. This should successfully prevent the error "Could not open database".
    • NEW: Update checker! AA AIO TWEAKER will automatically check for updates at start and will prompt the user if a new version of AA AIO TWEAKER is available. Not applicable to older versions.
    • NEW: When copying logs a link will be created to a pastebin which will contain the log. Copying and pasting a very long text is not ideal and having them into pastebin is better for sharing them
    • NEW: Tweak for activating the new day/night toggle
    • NEW: Delete car tweak
    • IMPROVED: UI of splash screen
    • IMPROVED: AAStream will now be displayed on top of the apps list
    • IMPROVED: "Reboot to apply" button will not appear if tweak is not applied successfully
    • FIXED: Telemetry tweak inserting two identical rows
    • NEW: Every tweak that requires a seekbar interaction now has a button to bring back the seekbar to original value
    • FIXED: Potential bug with file management resulting in sqlite3 not properly copied to device
    • FIXED: Visual bug in showing the saved value of Agenda and Notification Duration tweaks
    • FIXED: Status indicator for alphabet jump tweak

Version 4.0.1 is the latest and it has some bug fixes:

• FIXED: copy of logs
    • FIXED: list of accounts in the account chooser activity
    • FIXED: potential crashes when showing the reboot button
    • FIXED: experimental mode of multi account will now be applied to day/night switch tweak too
    • IMPROVED: patching mechanism has been revisited further more, hopefully narrowing down database access errors
    • IMPROVED: Welcome screen is now centered and will scroll if needed :)

As always, download is available on GitHub

1611241179285.png

If you really like my work consider a donation. That would really help my motivation and I would really appreciate even a very small contribution. Infos in the bio down below!
    Heya!

New version of AA AIO TWEAKER (version 5.0) is live on GitHub and brings the following changes:

• ENHANCED: Fixed potential crash on start for new users (thanks @RomanParashchynGL)
    • UPDATED: Patch for the apps has been revised to work with newer Android Auto versions
    • UPDATED: Tweak for removing speed limitations has been revised to work with newer Android Auto versions
    • CHANGED: Tweak for activating old dark mode has been deprecated in favour of new option to manually set dark/light mode
    • REMOVED: Tweak for disabling independent dark mode has been deprecated as it's not working anymore
    • NEW: AA AIO TWEAKER now comes with sections of tweaks
    • NEW: Tweak for activating new "Coolwalk" UI in Android Auto
    • NEW: Tweak for activating new "Casting app" in Android Auto 👀
    • NEW: Tweak for activating new feature to decline a call with SMS
    • REMOVED: Tweak for activating Assistant Shortcuts, Alphabet Jump, Media tabs and Wallpapers as they are now live worldwide

Download from GitHub

1611241179285.png