[ROOT][OP Camera App] Edit all OnePlus Camera Features (Bitrate, Image Quality, Thresholds, etc.)

Search This thread

enjoy_life

Mar 5, 2016
What I've done is I put the APK to the root of internal storage.
Open your terminal emulator (I'm using Termux) enter "su" to give root permission, then enter "systemize" to launch the script.

Then you'll need to select the 3rd option which should be "systemize given APK".
Next you'll need to enter the path which should be "/sdcard/OnePlusCamera_v6.2.22.apk" and select to install to "/system/priv-app/"

After the process is done, just restart your phone.

This works. Now, how to update the camera app? There's a new version on apkmirror (6.2.36), however, when I try to install it in the same way, after selecting to install to /system/priv-app/, it says that 'APK exists'. How to remove the com.oneplus.camera folder from that directory?

Last edited:

enjoy_life

Mar 5, 2016
So, just launch the script again, and you'll find an option to revert APKs. You need to remove the installed app, and do the procedure again. I have restarted after reverting, but it might work without restart too.

I don't see the option to revert. Can you show on a screenshot?

Surfeur-des-Reves

• Jun 21, 2008
    I'm on the 9 Pro right now, so 8K30 is enabled by default. Would be interesting to see if the other 8K modes can be enabled, too.
    You are posting in OP8P group, hence my question ^^ Anyway, no worries, I'm sure our good ol' Kona friend can handle 8K30 in a way or another (yeah, inside a freezer, so you don't fry an egg on your phone at the same time...)

Reactions: CoinsClassic

MaddScientist

Sep 15, 2012
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    Thanks for sharing the info.

I posted the Oneplus 9 Pros Camera app with Hasselblad features as you can see in the quoted post.
    I was able to enable some extra features, but they don't seem to work unfortunately.

[ DOESN'T WORK ] Focus peeking is only available inside Pro mode settings, but turning it on or off doesn't do anything.
    Enable it via: ManualCaptureMode.EnablePeekFocus true

[ DOESN'T WORK ] Tilt shift can be added to the setting as a mode, but choosing it will close the app.
    Enable it via: TiltShiftCaptureMode.isEnabled true

[ DOESN'T WORK ] Document scanning mode can be added to the settings as a mode, but choosing it will not do anything.
    Enable it via: DocumentScanningCaptureMode.isEnabled true

[ WORKS ] Zoom animation is a cool way to gradually zoom to different levels. If you click on 0.6x, it'll "smoothly" zoom out to 0.6x rather than just snapping to that level.
    Enable it via: ZoomControl.EnableZoomAnimation true

[ WORKS ] Other features:
    Enable zoom in portrait mode: BokehCamera.DisableZoom false
    Set lens to wide angle in portrait mode by default: BokehCaptureMode.DefaultZoomIndex 0
    Enable OIS in portrait mode: BokehCaptureMode.EnableOis true
    Enable zooming with the front camera: CaptureMode.DisableZoomInFrontCamera false
    Enable zoom with the telephoto lens within Nightscape: OPNightCamera.EnableTeleZoom true
    10x Max zoom level in Timelapse: TimeLapseCaptureMode.LimitMaxZoom 10.0
    50x Max zoom level in Video: VideoCaptureMode.LimitMaxZoom 50.0
    20x Max zoom level in 40k60 Video: VideoCaptureMode.LimitMaxZoom4K60Fps 20.0
    Limit zoom level in video to the max 3x optical zoom: VideoCaptureMode.isLimitMaxOpticalZoomEnabled true
    Add Night City filter to the filter list: OPFilterCamera.EnableNightCityFilter true Doesn't work with V6.2.22
    Enable OIS in Nightscape video: OPNightCamcorder.EnableOis true
    Enable object tracking: ObjectTracking.isEnabled true
    Enable object tracking for 60FPS: VideoCaptureMode.EnableObjectTrackingFor60FPS true
    Smooth object tracking?? ObjectTracking.SmoothResult true
    I'm getting fc when using the portrait mode on selfie cam. by chance do yours work ?

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
    Livingston
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    Mine is working fine. What settings have you changed?

Edit: I have added a new flag to my list for Tilt shift to work partially. This makes the mode not to crash the camera, but when you take the picture, it reverts back to normal for some reason.
    Crashing can be solved by setting: TiltShiftCaptureMode.SessionType 0

Last edited:

tiinktoonk

Nov 11, 2015
    makassar
    Can i enable the photocrom filter/camera lens with this app?
    Use this

Reactions: aktap

aktap

Apr 13, 2014

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Can i enable the photocrom filter/camera lens with this app?
      Use this
      I've recently stumbled across a hidden Activity in the Oneplus camera app that's called ".FeatureEditorActivity". Executing it displays a whole lot of features that are configurable. Your device must be rooted.

photo5361855147220775348.jpg

1. Install the Activity Manager app: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SX_CJtXsYNpLIxOSdboTak2-4x_-gp_O and grant root permission.
      2. Open the app, go to settings and toggle both ROOT options:

photo5361855147220775354.jpg

3. Search for "com.oneplus.camera" and click on it.
      4. Select ".FeatureEditorActivity" and a new window should open
      5. Use the filter to search for config strings and edit according to their data type. (E.g. increase the bitrate when filming 4K60 HEVC by typing: "4K60"):

photo5361855147220775352.jpg
      Thanks for sharing the info.

I posted the Oneplus 9 Pros Camera app with Hasselblad features as you can see in the quoted post.
      I was able to extract the OneplusCamera.apk.
      It's v6.2.22, and it's got all the nice orange features, and the Hasselblad logo on Pro mode button, but apart from a new Pro mode layout, I haven't noticed any new features compared to the version what I had before (v6.4.44 from APKMirror) on my OP8Pro.

The apk is from 11.2.1.1.LE15DA ROM, Indian version, the one you can find in this article.

I was not able to install it via the package installer by the way, and I had to use the Systemizer Magisk module to install the apk to /system/priv-app/ manually, and after a reboot, the app was usable.

You can download the APK from my Google Drive.

Edit: I have also uploaded the APK to APK mirror.
      I was able to enable some extra features, but they don't seem to work unfortunately.

[ DOESN'T WORK ] Focus peeking is only available inside Pro mode settings, but turning it on or off doesn't do anything.
      Enable it via: ManualCaptureMode.EnablePeekFocus true

[ DOESN'T WORK FULLY] Tilt shift can be added to the setting as a mode, but choosing it will close the app.
      Enable it via: TiltShiftCaptureMode.isEnabled true
      Crashing can be solved by setting: TiltShiftCaptureMode.SessionType 0

[ DOESN'T WORK ] Document scanning mode can be added to the settings as a mode, but choosing it will not do anything.
      Enable it via: DocumentScanningCaptureMode.isEnabled true

[ WORKS ] Zoom animation is a cool way to gradually zoom to different levels. If you click on 0.6x, it'll "smoothly" zoom out to 0.6x rather than just snapping to that level.
      Enable it via: ZoomControl.EnableZoomAnimation true

[ WORKS ] Other features:
      Enable zoom in portrait mode: BokehCamera.DisableZoom false
      Set lens to wide angle in portrait mode by default: BokehCaptureMode.DefaultZoomIndex 0
      Enable OIS in portrait mode: BokehCaptureMode.EnableOis true
      Enable zooming with the front camera: CaptureMode.DisableZoomInFrontCamera false
      Enable zoom with the telephoto lens within Nightscape: OPNightCamera.EnableTeleZoom true
      10x Max zoom level in Timelapse: TimeLapseCaptureMode.LimitMaxZoom 10.0
      50x Max zoom level in Video: VideoCaptureMode.LimitMaxZoom 50.0
      20x Max zoom level in 40k60 Video: VideoCaptureMode.LimitMaxZoom4K60Fps 20.0
      Limit zoom level in video to the max 3x optical zoom: VideoCaptureMode.isLimitMaxOpticalZoomEnabled true
      Add Night City filter to the filter list: OPFilterCamera.EnableNightCityFilter true Doesn't work with V6.2.22
      Enable OIS in Nightscape video: OPNightCamcorder.EnableOis true
      Enable object tracking: ObjectTracking.isEnabled true
      Enable object tracking for 60FPS: VideoCaptureMode.EnableObjectTrackingFor60FPS true
      Smooth object tracking?? ObjectTracking.SmoothResult true
      Both cool and useful :D

You can tweak Bokeh and blur amounts, in-/decrease bitrates for video and quality of photos, toggle OIS, IR camera, and many more features (including some UI tweaks, like Floating UI button, etc.). This should work on some other OP phones using the OP Camera app as well.

I myself increased the bitrate when filming in 4K60 HEVC, which improved the video quality, but didn't feel the need to modify other features, since I really like the default Oneplus camera quality/performance.
      Nice trick! Any way to get past the 5 minutes time limit when recording 4K60fps videos?

Edit: Not related to the time limit and not even sure it's of any interest to anyone else but managed to activate the Cyberpunk2077 filters. Some of you may have activated them through some ADB commands or magisk modules or some specific apps/roms already, but I believe it's nice to know it can also be activated through this simple command.
      What I've done is I put the APK to the root of internal storage.
      Open your terminal emulator (I'm using Termux) enter "su" to give root permission, then enter "systemize" to launch the script.

Then you'll need to select the 3rd option which should be "systemize given APK".
      Next you'll need to enter the path which should be "/sdcard/OnePlusCamera_v6.2.22.apk" and select to install to "/system/priv-app/"

After the process is done, just restart your phone.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone