How To Guide Root Realme GT / GT NEO Easily! (tested on chinese variant)

Search This thread

Gien97

Account currently disabled
Aug 30, 2020
GB
meettomy.site
Hello samuk190, this is only for GT Neo A.19 and i am actual on A.22 FW.
I need/search the "boot.img" and "vbmeta.img".
The "GT-Neo-A.19-Magisk-11.img" and "vbmetaA.19.img" so called in the "realme GT NeoA.19ROOT.bat" in the Archiv is not embedded.
Have you a Link for the "boot.img" and "vbmeta.img" from A.19 or A.22 FW?

thx
i need boot.img for A.20 please im bootlooped

ObeerbongKenobi

Aug 26, 2015
thats sucks to have this awesome phone and not able to use it. I hope you find a solution. was anyone able to successfully root their china gt neo? wondering If you were able to get around stock realme messages app completely remove breeno aka Chinese OK Google from the phone after rooting. since no custom rim support I see this being the only advantage to going through the headache of unlocking the bootloader

Flashmeister

Jun 11, 2017
thats sucks to have this awesome phone and not able to use it. I hope you find a solution. was anyone able to successfully root their china gt neo? wondering If you were able to get around stock realme messages app completely remove breeno aka Chinese OK Google from the phone after rooting. since no custom rim support I see this being the only advantage to going through the headache of unlocking the bootloader
You can use the abd method to get rid of all that from the the direct system you use.... Just don't use it to uninstall the weather app... That will cause the phone to glitch and need factory reset
After a restart

ObeerbongKenobi

Aug 26, 2015
You can use the abd method to get rid of all that from the the direct system you use.... Just don't use it to uninstall the weather app... That will cause the phone to glitch and need factory reset
After a restart
Not the stock messages app. Ive tried and as soon as you install signal, google messages etc it will give an annoying pop up asking to change your payment method.

Flashmeister

Jun 11, 2017
Not the stock messages app. Ive tried and as soon as you install signal, google messages etc it will give an annoying pop up asking to change your payment method.
Yeah it's a workaround that isn't good enough... My phone kept reverting to stock messages claiming it's for my security, hopefully a reliable rooting will happen soon

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
Where did you get the Global ROM? And would you please tell how did you manage to install it?
It's not there fault none of them speak English they just use translation app. They don't realize you want to know how they got global firmware and installed it right?

You don't realize you said you have eu global firmware lol that might be it but they didn't answer

CYAN193

Jun 19, 2021
Who has the original boot.img and recovery.img from the Chinese version? Please, share, the phone only goes to fastboot(
mo_98Kh3WEU.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: crows-zero

DoveKnd

Aug 2, 2018
I've unlocked realme gt, and i just shared all files i have, maybe my windows defender did block when i zipped again, well.. i will download again and share
Hello,

I've uploaded all the files I have for RMX2202 (Realme GT 5G chinese variant) :

https://mega.nz/folder/3ZoVBIxS#lZ-7wd6S1n_7ddf4M-zXDA

Included :

- RMX2202_A.20 stock OFP files
- RMX2202_A.15 root files
- RMX2202_A.20 stock boot img
- The Realme APK unlock tool for RMX2202
- A picture of all files extracted from A.20 OFP using https://github.com/bkerler/oppo_decrypt
- A folder with all files extracted from A.20 OFP using https://github.com/bkerler/oppo_decrypt
- ELF files are for use with QFIL but we need someone to mod them to bypass Realme security (only MSM Download tool can be used but you need credentials)

Someone can tell me if you can root A.20 by patching the boot img ?

My phone was hardbrick (IMEI etc) so I had to send it to china for repair through Aliexpress.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

David.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdaka42

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need first unlock bootaloder,
    -> Activate developer options
    -> Allow OEM UNLOCK

Run the app(that is inside the zip on attchment(choose ur device))
    Then go to query unlock bootloader, wait few seconds and it will go automatically to fastboot.

with your windows PC and fastboot installed, run this command: fastboot flashing unlock in your CMD/Prompt
    choose with volume Down to accept unlocking

after that, don't quit fastboot screen yet.

Run the ROOT.bat on the attachment, wait few seconds and press any key, it will close and your device is rooted <3
    just download latest magisk manager and there u go
    Uploaded to google storage
    Got the European version that's released this week in a few countries including The Netherlands. Had to download the root GT.zip on my laptop and transfer with the USBcable to the phone to get it installed. Couldn't do it on the phone directly. In the app I see only a box to check and a button with 'Submit Application'. I expected some more info in this app. Anybody got this same situation? Don't want to brick the device the first day of owning it ;)
    Holy God!
    you need wait stock rom to be released to flash, this root method wasnt tested for the european version, only for chinese version as both kernel and patched files is different you can expect them to not work
    You need first unlock bootaloder,
    -> Activate developer options
    -> Allow OEM UNLOCK

Run the app(that is inside the zip on attchment(choose ur device))
    Then go to query unlock bootloader, wait few seconds and it will go automatically to fastboot.

with your windows PC and fastboot installed, run this command: fastboot flashing unlock in your CMD/Prompt
    choose with volume Down to accept unlocking

after that, don't quit fastboot screen yet.

Run the ROOT.bat on the attachment, wait few seconds and press any key, it will close and your device is rooted <3
    just download latest magisk manager and there u go
    Hello samuk190, this is only for GT Neo A.19 and i am actual on A.22 FW.
    I need/search the "boot.img" and "vbmeta.img".
    The "GT-Neo-A.19-Magisk-11.img" and "vbmetaA.19.img" so called in the "realme GT NeoA.19ROOT.bat" in the Archiv is not embedded.
    Have you a Link for the "boot.img" and "vbmeta.img" from A.19 or A.22 FW?

thx
    There is sadly absolutely nothing to find for the GT Neo.
    For the realme GT you can extract the boot.img and vbmeta.img from the RMX2202_11.A.16 (Android 11) FW, this is the Rollbackpackage (back to Android 11) from the GT Android 12 beta.

A little Question, for what have you unlocked your GT if you can't root it?
    I've unlocked realme gt, and i just shared all files i have, maybe my windows defender did block when i zipped again, well.. i will download again and share