Root/Rebrand/Unbrick/Update - Official FunkyHuawei Thread for P20 Pro

Search This thread

Sasalida1

Jan 12, 2019
Hi. Can you remove network carrier logo at startup from CLT L29. 8.1.0. 134(C782) Huawei p20 Pro dual sim? If yes then what to do? . Thanks

irc75

Oct 15, 2010
Mexico
OnePlus 9 Pro
I can't really blame a company for looking get rich only, but customer service says a lot about funky and who makes a company rich is the client. Profit with the need of clients, it will not take them very far.

I contact funky since the cost of unlock-bootloader service was 55usd, because every unlucker have problems with unlocks and funky never answered my emails. But surprise! i send one email today (They only sell unlimited pass) and answer me immediately to say "You can get the code, currently you’ll need to order an unlimited pass @ $135 USD to get it." and "Please stay tuned as we may offer bootloader code purchase in the future again." so.. this company only cares about money, does not care about customer service.

Reactions: HaboMan

KATOUE

Feb 18, 2005
Hi

I have P20 PRO Demo it was boot unlocked and rooted, I've flashed it with CLT-L29 9.0.0.108 to debrand it,
but no root for V9 so I flashed it with lower ver V8 using ( beta-downy_0.4 ), and after the update, I've ended up
with a black screen and Fastboot access only,

Please advice ...

C:\>fastboot oem get-product-model
... INFOCLT-L29
OKAY

C:\>fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: hw/demo

C:\>fastboot oem get-build-number
... INFO:CLT-L29 9.0.0.108D(C432E5log)
OKAY

C:\>fastboot getvar rescue_enter_recovery
getvar:rescue_enter_recovery FAILED (remote: FAIL:need all image flashed!)

C:\>fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION
... INFO:CLT-L29 9.0.0.108(C432E5R1P7log)
OKAY

Found Phone : CLT-L29
Model : Huawei phone in fastboot mode
IMEI : 86726003027****
Serial NR. : WCR021831100****
Firmware : CLT-L29 9.0.0.108D(C432E5log

IMEI1:86726003028****
MEID:A000008C42063A
FB LockState: LOCKED
USER LockState: UNLOCKED
unlocked

Last edited:

cz.marcin

Oct 13, 2010
3 Day pass available on Funky Huawei for $30 i bit the bullet and chose to rebrand/enable dual sim ... downlading firmware now... going from clt09-782 to clt29-432... hopefully works lol

cz.marcin

Oct 13, 2010
3 Day pass available on Funky Huawei for $30 i bit the bullet and chose to rebrand/enable dual sim ... downlading firmware now... going from clt09-782 to clt29-432... hopefully works lol

Ok, so all went ok, apart from when it came to installing new software. I was greeted with boot loop showing some colorful artifacts. After dozen or so of them phone booted to setup screen. So i rebooted it to the erecovery and was able to install c432.195. Now its working well. 195 soft has gpu turbo but i cant see any difference lol. I have two sim slots showing. Just awaiting for delivery of dual sim tray. :)

G

GuestK00160

I would advise people not to use funkyhuawei. It is hugely over priced. Paying far more than for what you receive, and when things go wrong the support staff are very quick to blame the user.

Do not waste your money.

Ady-86

Feb 7, 2019
I have this strange black screen after the bootup on my p20 pro CLT-L09, Android 9.0.0.195 with a unlocked bootloader from funkyhuawei. Every time after I enter the home screen it goes black with no response.

This happended after I installed the magisk modules that are needed for edXposed ( I tried all version of that modules). The only way to get temporarily around this black screen is to flash the stock recovery_ramdis.img via adb sideload in twrp. But on the other side the stock recovery_ramdis.img takes away my root accses for magisk. By the way, my twrp data is encrypted even if I delete all security measures (password, face-unlock- finger print). So adb sideload is my only option to flash things for now...

If I try to reflash the patched_boot.img that is needed for magisk in order to get root access again, than the black screen comes back after the bootup.

How do I get completely rid of this black screen with the patched_boot.img installed. ? Is this also possible to do with no data formating ?

Can somebody please help me out here or redirect me to someone who can ?
Thanks !

estanenmi

Hi,

I've followed the funkyhuawei instructions unlocking my P20 Pro, and using the eRecovery method (change DNS settings etc) for Europe Region P20 Pro and firmware CLT-L29C432). All seemed to work fine with the firmware download until the very end when a message came up with 'authentication failure'.

The P20 was unable to boot after the firmware download.

I've tried just about everything, - cleared cache, data, attempted eRecovery again (it doesn't work), but now it is in a bootloop mode.

After the Huawei screen I am presented with 3 options:

1) Press power key to conitnue
2) Press volume up key up to 3 seconds to enter recovery
3) Your device will continue to boot 5 seconds later

If I hold down the volume up key and disconnect the power/USB cable at the point of reboot I can boot into TWRP recovery. Otherwise the recovery just boots back to the same page with the 3 options.

Occassionally I can get into fastboot which tells me the following:
>./fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: hw/eu

> ./fastboot oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :CLT-AL00 8.1.0.111(C00)

> ./fastboot getvar rescue_enter_recovery
getvar:rescue_enter_recovery FAILED (remote: FAIL:need all image flashed!)

> ./fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION
(bootloader) :CLT-AL00 8.1.0.111(C00)

I am familiar with adb and can push firmware onto the P20 manually.

I have now tried HuRUpdater (v4) with firmware CLT-L09 C432 - Build 9.0.0. (from androidsage) If I try to install this firmware using HuRUpdate the script proceeds but returns error messages 'Failed to mount /cust, /odm, /product'.

Help please (I am fully paid up).

[SOLVED:
After much messing around and trial and error what seemed to work was:
1) The FunkyHuawei (fh) left the phone wih a version of TWRP that was unable to fix the file partitions problem so the "TWRP - WIPE - ADVANCED - repair " was unavailable.
2) I reinstalled TWRP (tutorial here: https://www.the***********.com/install-twrp-recovery-root-huawei-p20-pro/)
3) Go to WIPE-ADVANCED and select partition (/cust). Select repair. Note existing file structure, chose another one, repair, then return to existing file structure.
4) Select partition (/product). Select repair. Note existing file structure, chose another one, repair, then return to existing file structure. (/odm was left as is, which I understand is used following init procedure)
5) Then followed this tutorial for Firmware Download: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...awei-p20-pro-charlotte-l29c432b131-8-t3809964

For the tutorial I used the FirrmwareFinder tool to find my stock firmware:
https://huaweiadvices.com/huawei-firmware-finder-download-latest-stock-firmware/
from which I selected the latest CLT-L29 build, copied the URL, and downloaded to PC. Then renamed according to guidance in tutorial and used the FlashTool contained in the tutorial.

Working status from Fastboot is:
>fastboot oem get-product-model CLT-L29
>fastboot getvar vendorcountry vendorcountry: hw/eu
>fastboot oem get-build-number (bootloader) :CLT-L29 8.1.0.157(C432)
>fastboot getvar rescue_enter_recovery getvar:rescue_enter_recovery FAILED (remote: FAIL:need all image flashed!)
>fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION (bootloader) :CLT-AL00 8.1.0.111(C00)

Key step seemed to be the reinstallation of TWRP which then enabled the partitioned file structure to be repaired by switching between the different file structures.

So I seem to have been able to change a Chinese device to European
CLT-AL00 device to a European CLT-L29. Fingers crossed.

I'm no expert on this but if anyone wants to contact me I'll try to help - particularly as fh failed to respond to any request for help after taking my money.
]
do you solve ur issue?? and how?

Reactions: Beckxxx

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
So I've joined a 14 day sub and waiting for my free unlock code (sent the email as requested) but I'm getting a bit concerned at the volume of people saying they never get responses to emails from FH? Anyone done this and had any issues with code not turning up?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
So I've joined a 14 day sub and waiting for my free unlock code (sent the email as requested) but I'm getting a bit concerned at the volume of people saying they never get responses to emails from FH? Anyone done this and had any issues with code not turning up?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE @duraaraa

G

GuestK00160

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE @duraaraa
Should do but dont expect any help when this scammers corrupted files break your phone

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
To anyone considering FH...... Be aware it doesn't work if you're already on pie. FH were unable to tell me this, after days of trying I finally downgraded and rebranded first time. After 3 failed downloads through erecovery I'm finally there lol.

aka.petteri

Jun 11, 2015
FunkyHuawei are scammers. I subbed for 14 days, no bootloader unlock codes, 22 dollars spent for nothing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official FunkyHuawei support thread.
    FunkyHuawei is a (mostly) paid service which allows you to do the following:

1. Install the latest system software, even before it's released by OTA.
    2. Install beta/prerelease system software, without needing to be a beta tester.
    3. Recover a bricked phone.
    4. Rebranding / Change the region of your phone (China -> Europe, for example, to get Google and so on.)
    5. Enabling dual-sim features on single-sim phones.
    6. Root your EMUI 8 phone, even with stock recovery (This feature is free)
    --NOTE: SOME OF THESE FEATURES NOT AVAILABLE ON P20 SERIES YET. SEE NEXT POST--

You do not need to unlock your bootloader, or void your warranty to use the service. (except the free rooting feature)

To find FunkyHuawei, please Google it. Or you can find a link to the service as well as our rebranding tool within the following XDA Portal article.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/exclusive-att-huawei-mate-10-pro-firmware/

We are pleased to announce FHUnbrickFlashTool -- You can now repair any recent Huawei phone via fastboot, even if you cannot access eRecovery or boot the phone! Even if it doesn't show the Huawei logo, as long as you can get a fastboot connection to your computer, you can recover the phone! Google FHUnbrickFlashTool or check FunkyHuawei's reddit for details.

In cooperation with XDA, FunkyHuawei is offering a free credit to Recognized Developers and Recognized Contributers on XDA.
    Please PM me for more details.

We will continue posting in this thread with updates regarding new software versions and releases regarding this device.
    We will also be monitoring it so we can help anyone who has issues.

FunkyHuawei, due to popular request, is now offering an unlimited pass. You can break your phone all you want, and turn to FunkyHuawei to unbrick it however many times you need to. You can also install all the latest updates, beta versions, and so on, without worrying about spending credits. You can check out more details on FH's reddit or homepage.

For device-specific information, please see the next post.

Please be sure to read the terms of service as well as the instructions very thoroughly before using the tools, to understand the potential risks of using them.

FunkyHuawei can now offer bootloader unlock codes for all Huawei models (including recent models like P20, P20 Pro, Honor Play, and so on.)

These unlock codes can be provided for free to customers who purchase an unlimited pass from today.

See details from the link on the main page of the site.
    An update:
    As everyone knows, Huawei is no longer giving out bootloader unlock codes.
    Rebranding is still not possible without an unlocked bootloader.
    If you already have the code, great. If not, here is the current situation.

eRecovery method works to install updates or downgrade. It will continue to work for the foreseeable future.
    Be careful with downgrading, as it's possible Huawei is in the midst of introducing downgrade protection, bricking devices on attempted downgrades.
    Currently there are no other tools/methods, FunkyHuawei or otherwise, which let you modify or install firmwares on the P20 or P20 Pro with locked bootloader, other than OTA from Huawei directly or FunkyHuawei eRecovery method.

In the future it is highly likely we will be able to support more functions.
    What do you think, @duraaraa ?
    You didn't stumble upon this during the normal course of funky Huawei's day to day operations?

I'm not surprised at all about it. No worries though. We will eventually be able to support operations with locked bootloaders on P20 and newer devices. Just might take a while.
    Happy to announce that we are making public the installation for the EMUI 9 beta on the European CLT-L29 device. (C432)
    It has been tested by several users and seems to install and function without issue.
    watch out my device died after their manipulation and they dont even to refund me the 125 dollars i paid to unbrick it