Root/Rebrand/Unbrick/Update - Official FunkyHuawei Thread for P20 Pro

Search This thread

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
Took them a day to send my code but they dud eventually, but I'd already unlocked through a user on here. FH help dont know their own software at all but thankfully after researching, it's usable. I'm now on 9.0.0.236 via otas only used no third party routes all way from 8.0.0.159

Also,emailing ceo over a refund at first stage is a tad...... Dramatic don't ya think

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

oslo83

duraaraa said:
In cooperation with XDA, FunkyHuawei is offering a free credit to Recognized Developers and Recognized Contributers on XDA.
Please PM me for more details.
(...)
Currently, here is what we support on the P20/P20 Pro series.

Installing new firmware/unbricking via eRecovery: SUPPORTED
Rebranding with unlocked bootloader: AVAILABLE NOW!
Rebranding with locked bootloader: COMING, MIGHT BE A WHILE
Unbricking from fastboot: COMING, MIGHT BE A WHILE

Since it is a new device on a new OS, some things have changed and we need to update some of our methods to fully support it.

Those who would like to test rebranding with an unlocked bootloader before we release it, please contact us.
Hi,
Any chances to test to unbrick a P20 EML-L29's radio ?

Story:
-this was an EML-L29 to rebrand with a locked BL.
-rebranding oeminfo via Testpoint while BL lock was not working but flashing back stock oeminfo was still repairing radios fine at this point.
-but flashing an EML-L29's BoardSoftware while having only backuped oeminfo : It killed the radio...
-EML-L29 is now with BL unlocked via code, with its stock oeminfo and get-psid but no radio and no imei shown in 'about phone' screen.

I'm suspecting that for p20 kirin970 It should be mandatory to also backup nvm and nvmodem partitions before using a BoardSoftware that will wipe them all...

aka.petteri

Jun 11, 2015
Do a paypal chargeback and email the ceo of paypal

Took them a day to send my code but they dud eventually, but I'd already unlocked through a user on here. FH help dont know their own software at all but thankfully after researching, it's usable. I'm now on 9.0.0.236 via otas only used no third party routes all way from 8.0.0.159

Also,emailing ceo over a refund at first stage is a tad...... Dramatic don't ya think

2019 is the year of drama hahaha
I asked for a refund through Paypal. 5 days spent and I didn't receive any code. I wanted to convert my C782 to C432 Dual-Sim version. The biggest problem is a lame piece of numbers and letters text aka bootloader code. -_-

G

GuestK00160

Well paypal wont accept your dispute. As ive had the same issue.

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
I'm not disputing it. I got done what I needed to in the end. Just took a lot of brainwork and extra apps/scripts. I'm now branded and up to date

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
You paid for someting they didnt supply you said.
Incorrect. If you read the information provided on the website the "free bootloader code" is subject to availability and an offer. It isnt something you're paying for nor guaranteed. Sad but true. They provided the software. Just not sufficient information/support but in the end I achieved what I set out to after having to downgrade my handset

I also said they did provide it in the end but after a day I got impatient and sourced one elsewhere

culiacanazo

Nope if you bricked your phone you need to make a warrenty claim. And theyll send you a refurb device full of scratches and dents.
That was not my experience, they sent me a spanking new device, cosmetically there was not one thing visible.
And whether they used refurbished for the battery and motherboard, i don't know, they state the didn't, battery sure doesn't feel like it and motherboard works, because i had a real brick, screen of death, no response under any circumstances whatsoever, so if THAT is refurbished, I'll take it any day.
And they did that flying quick 4-5 days from the day i left it in the mail to the time i was delivered it

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

G

GuestK00160

That was not my experience, they sent me a spanking new device, cosmetically there was not one thing visible.
And whether they used refurbished for the battery and motherboard, i don't know, they state the didn't, battery sure doesn't feel like it and motherboard works, because i had a real brick, screen of death, no response under any circumstances whatsoever, so if THAT is refurbished, I'll take it any day.
And they did that flying quick 4-5 days from the day i left it in the mail to the time i was delivered it
Lucky you then

stevo_125

Mar 12, 2009
@duraaraa

Can you confirm that re-branding CLT-09 782 to CLT-29 482 using FHP20Tool (NOT FHP20SingleToDual) will maintain original bootloader unlock key?
I am aware single to dual sim changes the key, but unclear if re-branding only has same effect.

I want to relock bootloader after rebrand, but have the option to re-unlock later with original code.

G

GuestK00160

@duraaraa

Can you confirm that re-branding CLT-09 782 to CLT-29 482 using FHP20Tool (NOT FHP20SingleToDual) will maintain original bootloader unlock key?
I am aware single to dual sim changes the key, but unclear if re-branding only has same effect.

I want to relock bootloader after rebrand, but have the option to re-unlock later with original code.
You're gonna have to send him money just to get any form of response.

Federicadr

Oct 21, 2013
plus.google.com
Has Funkyhuawei stopped working? I'm currently on 236 release (received via OTA) on my CLT-L29C432 and the latest firmware on the funkyhuawei website is still 195. I paid for a unlimited pass one year ago and I would be very upset if they stop uploading the firmwares [emoji19][emoji19][emoji19]

Inviato dal mio CLT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

sniper20

Mar 17, 2010
Search for Charlotte. CLT-LGRP2-OVS

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
You're gonna have to send him money just to get any form of response.
Yes your key remains the same. I did this. However be aware rebrand does not work if you're on pie you'll have to downgrade to official Oreo first. Had to find this out myself over several days with sod all support from fh. Very poor show on their part.

Reactions: stevo_125
G

GuestK00160

Yes your key remains the same. I did this. However be aware rebrand does not work if you're on pie you'll have to downgrade to official Oreo first. Had to find this out myself over several days with sod all support from fh. Very poor show on their part.
Im getting warnings from xda for telling peolle funky is a scam. HA!

mdda7

Mar 14, 2012
AL KHOBAR
3 months ago I debrand my p20pro from c185 to c432
oem lock has become gray

I tried several method to update and could not yet

i need any help

Cheney Yan

Apr 25, 2019
Help bricked:

Ignore. Resolved by checking other topics.

Bricked my P20 Pro C636, need help
- In TWRP I stupidly used `format /data` and then TWRP showed format was successful but without any further response.
- Thus I pressed button to reboot, then the phone cannot boot.
- At that time, I can go into recovery mode, which is still TWRP, but TWRP hangs.
- Then I tried to use fastboot to flash official recovery, does not boot.
- I found one brick saving package in Chinese website, which flashes ramdisk with a file called BOOT_R.img, and also flashes system.img.
- Now eRecovery can be loaded (twrp is replaced).and the correct OS version can be downloaded through wifi.
- Yet at the last step, eRecovery complains the image is not valid and refuse to install. ( I think the image I used previsouly was for Chinese version, not for mine)
- Then flash TWRP again does not work at all.
- That is final.

Current state:
1 Unlocked already. (but I cannot re-lock it as I had root before)
2 Fastboot runs.
3 eRecovery runs and can download correct image, but just cannot execute it.

What can I do? Help, help, help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official FunkyHuawei support thread.
    FunkyHuawei is a (mostly) paid service which allows you to do the following:

1. Install the latest system software, even before it's released by OTA.
    2. Install beta/prerelease system software, without needing to be a beta tester.
    3. Recover a bricked phone.
    4. Rebranding / Change the region of your phone (China -> Europe, for example, to get Google and so on.)
    5. Enabling dual-sim features on single-sim phones.
    6. Root your EMUI 8 phone, even with stock recovery (This feature is free)
    --NOTE: SOME OF THESE FEATURES NOT AVAILABLE ON P20 SERIES YET. SEE NEXT POST--

You do not need to unlock your bootloader, or void your warranty to use the service. (except the free rooting feature)

To find FunkyHuawei, please Google it. Or you can find a link to the service as well as our rebranding tool within the following XDA Portal article.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/exclusive-att-huawei-mate-10-pro-firmware/

We are pleased to announce FHUnbrickFlashTool -- You can now repair any recent Huawei phone via fastboot, even if you cannot access eRecovery or boot the phone! Even if it doesn't show the Huawei logo, as long as you can get a fastboot connection to your computer, you can recover the phone! Google FHUnbrickFlashTool or check FunkyHuawei's reddit for details.

In cooperation with XDA, FunkyHuawei is offering a free credit to Recognized Developers and Recognized Contributers on XDA.
    Please PM me for more details.

We will continue posting in this thread with updates regarding new software versions and releases regarding this device.
    We will also be monitoring it so we can help anyone who has issues.

FunkyHuawei, due to popular request, is now offering an unlimited pass. You can break your phone all you want, and turn to FunkyHuawei to unbrick it however many times you need to. You can also install all the latest updates, beta versions, and so on, without worrying about spending credits. You can check out more details on FH's reddit or homepage.

For device-specific information, please see the next post.

Please be sure to read the terms of service as well as the instructions very thoroughly before using the tools, to understand the potential risks of using them.

FunkyHuawei can now offer bootloader unlock codes for all Huawei models (including recent models like P20, P20 Pro, Honor Play, and so on.)

These unlock codes can be provided for free to customers who purchase an unlimited pass from today.

See details from the link on the main page of the site.
    An update:
    As everyone knows, Huawei is no longer giving out bootloader unlock codes.
    Rebranding is still not possible without an unlocked bootloader.
    If you already have the code, great. If not, here is the current situation.

eRecovery method works to install updates or downgrade. It will continue to work for the foreseeable future.
    Be careful with downgrading, as it's possible Huawei is in the midst of introducing downgrade protection, bricking devices on attempted downgrades.
    Currently there are no other tools/methods, FunkyHuawei or otherwise, which let you modify or install firmwares on the P20 or P20 Pro with locked bootloader, other than OTA from Huawei directly or FunkyHuawei eRecovery method.

In the future it is highly likely we will be able to support more functions.
    What do you think, @duraaraa ?
    You didn't stumble upon this during the normal course of funky Huawei's day to day operations?

I'm not surprised at all about it. No worries though. We will eventually be able to support operations with locked bootloaders on P20 and newer devices. Just might take a while.
    Happy to announce that we are making public the installation for the EMUI 9 beta on the European CLT-L29 device. (C432)
    It has been tested by several users and seems to install and function without issue.
    watch out my device died after their manipulation and they dont even to refund me the 125 dollars i paid to unbrick it