Root/Rebrand/Unbrick/Update - Official FunkyHuawei Thread for P20 Pro

Search This thread

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
It's not a scam, his software does work. Or CAN is the correct word, but sufficient info not provided on the website as to what circumstance it won't work eg already on pie. I managed to do mine eventually with no help from fh having to downgrade device etc but have put a PayPal claim in as the renewal went through before I remembered to csncel it and yet again fh not responding to my or pay pal contact requests

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

G

GuestK00160

It's not a scam, his software does work. Or CAN is the correct word, but sufficient info not provided on the website as to what circumstance it won't work eg already on pie. I managed to do mine eventually with no help from fh having to downgrade device etc but have put a PayPal claim in as the renewal went through before I remembered to csncel it and yet again fh not responding to my or pay pal contact requests
Not a scam? You're talking about pay renewels. Must be new because that wasnt there before. So basically you're being ignored by someone you're paying for a service you no longer require, being ignored now you want to cancel it and dont think its a scam...

stevo_125

Mar 12, 2009
Not a scam? You're talking about pay renewels. Must be new because that wasnt there before. So basically you're being ignored by someone you're paying for a service you no longer require, being ignored now you want to cancel it and dont think its a scam...

(very) poor support does not equal a scam.

You've made your feelings clear, but continued spamming of this thread isn't going to help anyone.

Reactions: forever_lol

blufreak

Jan 7, 2011
No. You cancel subs via PayPal. That's normal. I'm saying they've got **** customer service. To be a scam the software wouldn't work at all or they'd just take money and not provide anything at all.

You're confusing a scam with just a poor company

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

culiacanazo

Has Funkyhuawei stopped working? I'm currently on 236 release (received via OTA) on my CLT-L29C432 and the latest firmware on the funkyhuawei website is still 195. I paid for a unlimited pass one year ago and I would be very upset if they stop uploading the firmwares [emoji19][emoji19][emoji19]

Inviato dal mio CLT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk
You're one of the smart ones, some dumb asses (don't ask!) Paid for 5!
And my latest firmware available is also not even current!

Im getting warnings from xda for telling peolle funky is a scam. HA!
Account currently disabled huh?

FunkyHuawei is scam. Luckily I got my refund from PayPal.
Any particular time frame?

This!

stevo_125

Mar 12, 2009
So to counter some of the negativity, a success story.
I've just successfully re-branded my CLT-09 (782) to 432 having got impatient with the poor support on the UK region devices.
I used the P20 rebrand tool, NOT the single to dual tool and can confirm my bootloader unlock code still works. I locked and re-unlocked to be sure this worked.

Whilst not stated on FH site, the rebrand tool does NOT work on pie and you must downgrade first, I was able to do this with Huawei hisuite, painless and took around 30 mins.

Re-brand process is fine, it starts with bootloader unlock with a simple prompt for the unlock key. There is one step where the utility talks about plugging in the USB to continue re-branding - The phone will boot with a warning the bootloader is unlocked, and give you three options. You have about a 5 second window to plug the cable and hold VOL-UP or the phone boots fully, wiping out the temporary recovery and you need to start again.
Hopefully this warning helps someone. *Keep the phone in your hand, cable nearby, and pay attention.*

The last step is a a firmware flash - I suggest reading up on the guide for this BEFORE starting anything else. You need to be able to set a custom DNS on your router, or use a hotspot. Check this is working before doing anything else or you might find yourself stuck with a device that won't boot and no way of flashing the firmware back!
https://funkyhuawei.club/static/instructions201710.pdf

I initially flashed my device to the 9.0.0.195 release in the CLT-29 (432) section of the site. Don't do this! You must flash a Oreo release first or the bootloader gets in a funny state (recoverable). I had to use hisuite again to roll back to 8.1.0.161, and was then able to re-upgrade to 9.0.0.195, and upon plugging the device back in after booting was offered 9.0.0.263 by hisuite.
note OTA software check showed 195 at "up to date", so remains to be seen if OTA is broken or not, but provided I can update through hisuite that's fine for me.

So ~£18 for pain-free, re-brand from 782 to 432. Yes it can be done for free, but for simplicity the FH is simple enough and represents reasonable value - Just remember:
-roll back to Oreo before starting
-Be ready with the phone and cable in hand ready for the second step when the phone boots with red text offering 3 boot options.
-Do not try to flash straight to pie after rebrand. Oreo on target region first, then upgrade via hisuite.
-If you want to re-lock bootloader, be sure to do this before setting up the phone as it performs a reset as part of the process.

Hope that helps someone :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official FunkyHuawei support thread.
    FunkyHuawei is a (mostly) paid service which allows you to do the following:

1. Install the latest system software, even before it's released by OTA.
    2. Install beta/prerelease system software, without needing to be a beta tester.
    3. Recover a bricked phone.
    4. Rebranding / Change the region of your phone (China -> Europe, for example, to get Google and so on.)
    5. Enabling dual-sim features on single-sim phones.
    6. Root your EMUI 8 phone, even with stock recovery (This feature is free)
    --NOTE: SOME OF THESE FEATURES NOT AVAILABLE ON P20 SERIES YET. SEE NEXT POST--

You do not need to unlock your bootloader, or void your warranty to use the service. (except the free rooting feature)

To find FunkyHuawei, please Google it. Or you can find a link to the service as well as our rebranding tool within the following XDA Portal article.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/exclusive-att-huawei-mate-10-pro-firmware/

We are pleased to announce FHUnbrickFlashTool -- You can now repair any recent Huawei phone via fastboot, even if you cannot access eRecovery or boot the phone! Even if it doesn't show the Huawei logo, as long as you can get a fastboot connection to your computer, you can recover the phone! Google FHUnbrickFlashTool or check FunkyHuawei's reddit for details.

In cooperation with XDA, FunkyHuawei is offering a free credit to Recognized Developers and Recognized Contributers on XDA.
    Please PM me for more details.

We will continue posting in this thread with updates regarding new software versions and releases regarding this device.
    We will also be monitoring it so we can help anyone who has issues.

FunkyHuawei, due to popular request, is now offering an unlimited pass. You can break your phone all you want, and turn to FunkyHuawei to unbrick it however many times you need to. You can also install all the latest updates, beta versions, and so on, without worrying about spending credits. You can check out more details on FH's reddit or homepage.

For device-specific information, please see the next post.

Please be sure to read the terms of service as well as the instructions very thoroughly before using the tools, to understand the potential risks of using them.

FunkyHuawei can now offer bootloader unlock codes for all Huawei models (including recent models like P20, P20 Pro, Honor Play, and so on.)

These unlock codes can be provided for free to customers who purchase an unlimited pass from today.

See details from the link on the main page of the site.
    An update:
    As everyone knows, Huawei is no longer giving out bootloader unlock codes.
    Rebranding is still not possible without an unlocked bootloader.
    If you already have the code, great. If not, here is the current situation.

eRecovery method works to install updates or downgrade. It will continue to work for the foreseeable future.
    Be careful with downgrading, as it's possible Huawei is in the midst of introducing downgrade protection, bricking devices on attempted downgrades.
    Currently there are no other tools/methods, FunkyHuawei or otherwise, which let you modify or install firmwares on the P20 or P20 Pro with locked bootloader, other than OTA from Huawei directly or FunkyHuawei eRecovery method.

In the future it is highly likely we will be able to support more functions.
    What do you think, @duraaraa ?
    You didn't stumble upon this during the normal course of funky Huawei's day to day operations?

I'm not surprised at all about it. No worries though. We will eventually be able to support operations with locked bootloaders on P20 and newer devices. Just might take a while.
    Happy to announce that we are making public the installation for the EMUI 9 beta on the European CLT-L29 device. (C432)
    It has been tested by several users and seems to install and function without issue.
    watch out my device died after their manipulation and they dont even to refund me the 125 dollars i paid to unbrick it