• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT][RECOVERY]Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL - Root and TWRP

Search This thread

youxex00

Nov 24, 2016
unable to root

guys i tried to root but failed again and again flashing twrp success but showing unable to mount storage tried to format data but unable to format tried to remove encryption but still failed please post something to root my zenfone max

Reactions: Lalthafamkima

kalozfiu

Dec 14, 2017
Dorchester, Dorset
guys i tried to root but failed again and again flashing twrp success but showing unable to mount storage tried to format data but unable to format tried to remove encryption but still failed please post something to root my zenfone max

Hi youxex,
What is your phone model, let us know so we can help. Check in "Settings -> About -> Model number"
if you are there, let us know your "Software Information" last line under Model number.

summerbeing

Mar 19, 2018
unable to do

I am using Asus zenfone Max 3gb / 32gb model ZC550KL android 6.0.1 ASUS_Z010D model.
I unlocked bootloader successfully using the official asus unlocker app. and then also flashed twrp recovery to my mobile successfuly using windows software using fastboot mode as per the instructions.

But then I tried to immediately boot into recovery using volume down + power key but only the asus boot screen appears and nothing happens at all.
then i long press power button and restarted phone and it boot normally but then stock recovery comes back.

I am unable to boot into twrp recovery. Tried many times. Please help.
Software Version is : WW_13.8.26.113_20180123

jide1

Oct 30, 2015
kharkiv
I am using Asus zenfone Max 3gb / 32gb model ZC550KL android 6.0.1 ASUS_Z010D model.
I unlocked bootloader successfully using the official asus unlocker app. and then also flashed twrp recovery to my mobile successfuly using windows software using fastboot mode as per the instructions.

But then I tried to immediately boot into recovery using volume down + power key but only the asus boot screen appears and nothing happens at all.
then i long press power button and restarted phone and it boot normally but then stock recovery comes back.

Flash twrp again, disconnect from pc,hold VOLUME DOWN +POWER KEY ,as soon as Asus logo shows up, immediately release POWER BUTTON but keep on holding VOLUME DOWN until twrp screen shows up.

sumapani

Jun 21, 2015

Did u got any alternative of flashing twrp ?

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Was Ur problem solved ?

anukk008

Oct 27, 2018
I bought new asus zenfone max.

How should I unlock the bootloader
Want to root by magisk manager
Anyone can help me

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Awesome work done towards zenfone max development, Now waiting for custom ROMs..........

Sir could u help me in unlocking bootloader of my asus zenfone max. And flashing magisk manager.

Gyrxiur

Jan 13, 2009
Brno
Hi, I have unlocked bootloader, latest twrp and firmware, but everytime I try to flash supersu, I get either su binary occupied error or it says it needs to update su binary, but fails. (depending on flashed version) Anybody can please help me?

Singhisme

Nov 2, 2018
Hi, I have unlocked bootloader, latest twrp and firmware, but everytime I try to flash supersu, I get either su binary occupied error or it says it needs to update su binary, but fails. (depending on flashed version) Anybody can please help me?

I was accidentally fixed it while flashing Stock ROM (56 TWRP) and then do root after flashing before booting. well, I do download the supersu after my device system rebooted and flash it again in TWRP. all in just under 15 minutes if I'm not lost count. cmiiw

Gyrxiur

Jan 13, 2009
Brno
Thanks for reply, but that also didn't work. I've tried combining multiple versions of ROMs, TWRPs, SuperSUs, now it gets stuck at boot animation after every attempt to flash SuperSU. I don't get it, there must be something terribly wrong with my phone. Maybe I have some special unrootable version, who knows... Interestingly, it can run unofficial ROMs with no problems, but I want stock rooted and instead, I have headache...

Top Liked Posts