[ROOT][RECOVERY][TWRP] T.W.R.P. for Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo

Search This thread

Rox

Nov 11, 2012
Mostar
Root and TWRP 2.8.4.0 for S3 Neo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer : I am not responsible for any possible damage! Use this guide and methods on your own!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rooting method:
1. Install TWRP or CWM for S3 Neo
2. Download SuperSU-v2.45.zip and KNOX-Removal-Script.zip from attachments
3. Transfer downloaded zips to SDCard
4. Boot into recovery mode ( Vol UP + Home + Power )
5. Flash SuperSU-v2.45.zip and Knox-Removal-Script.zip
6. Reboot !

Enjoy! ;)
If you want to support my work you can donate me coffe. Use "Send payment" option on paypal ( [email protected] ) because "Donate" option is not available in my contry. Thanks. :)

Thanks to :
Chainfire for SuperSU
Kaito95 for his KNOX removal script

Attachments

• KNOX-Removal-Script.zip
    942.9 KB · Views: 40,948
  • SuperSU-v2.45.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 45,938
Last edited:

Rox

Nov 11, 2012
Mostar
TWRP 2.8.5.0 for S3 Neo

T.W.R.P 2.8.5.0 recovery for S3 Neo GT-I9301I, GT-I9300I and GT-I9301Q
Installation:
1st Method ( Flashable ZIP )
1. Download TWRP flashable zip for S3 Neo and transfer it to your phone
2. Boot your device into recovery ( Vol Up + Home+ Power )
3. Install TWRP flashable zip
4. Now you have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

2nd Method ( Odin method )
1. Download recovery.tar.md5
2. Download ODIN and Samsung USB drivers
3. Boot device in download mode ( Vol down + home + power )
4. Press volume up ( continue ) and connect phone with PC
5. Make sure Odin recognizes your phone ( There should be something like "0:[COM11]" in first box and it will be yellow )
6. Press PDA and navigate to recovery.tar.md5
7. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked
8. Press "Start" and wait few seconds
9. Device will reboot and you will have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

3rd method ( Terminal emulator - requires rooted device )
1. Download recovery.img and transfer it to your phone ( i will use /sdcard but it is optional)
2. Download Terminal Emulator from playstore
3. Open Teminal emulator and type
NOTE: It is VERY IMPORTANT to write this correctly because you are risking to hard brick your device if you mistype number, double check before pressing enter
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15
or to be 100% sure you can write this, effect is same
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
Note: You can change path to recovery.img to your optional
4. Now you have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

Enjoy! ;)

If you want to support my work you can donate me coffe. Use "Send payment" option on paypal ( [email protected] ) because "Donate" option is not available in my contry. Thanks. :)
Thanks for help:
@AntaresOne

Last edited:

AntaresOne

Recognized Developer
Sep 30, 2013
Chieti, Italy
www.antaresone.eu
T.W.R.P 2.8.0.0 recovery for S3 Neo GT-I9301I
Installation:
1st Method (Odin method)
1. Download recovery.tar.md5 from HERE
5. Make sure Odin recognizes your phone ( It shoudl write sth like 0:[COM11] in first box and turn it to yellow )
9. Device will reboot and you will have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

2nd Method ( Terminal emulator - requires rooted device )
1. Download recovery.img from HERE and transfer it to your phone ( i will use /sdcard but it is optional)
NOTE: It is VERY IMPORTANT to write this correctly because you are risking to hard brick your device if you mistype number, double check before pressing enter
Code:
su
Code:
su

3rd method ( Flashable zip ) - Comming soon!

Enjoy! ;)
Bugs:
-Brightness control -Fixed in next build

Thanks for help:
@AntaresOne

Rox I'll send you updated build with fixed brightness control asap. :)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505

_wook_

Jul 15, 2008
rajvoSa
TWRP backup of stock rom makes read only /sdcard [ root:sdcard_r ] on my device.
Fix:
restore everything except data;
boot, set up device, reboot to recovery, restore data without wipe.

bene1

Apr 29, 2013
TWRP backup of stock rom makes read only /sdcard [ root:sdcard_r ] on my device.
Fix:
restore everything except data;
boot, set up device, reboot to recovery, restore data without wipe.

Help,
Have installed the recovery but now my sdcard is read only. And forget to make backup before can help me someone ?

_wook_

Jul 15, 2008
rajvoSa
Just for the record: As Rox stated to me before, Read Only file system on /sdcard/ is indeed bug related to firmware version. I updated to latest and there is no issue any more.

smokerman

Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
Just for the record: As Rox stated to me before, Read Only file system on /sdcard/ is indeed bug related to firmware version. I updated to latest and there is no issue any more.

i have 4.4.2 version and that bug exists..there is no update for my phone..i have fixed it with a app and now its all ok.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-01-01-00-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-01-01-00-57.png
    130 KB · Views: 1,398

_wook_

Jul 15, 2008
rajvoSa
i have 4.4.2 version and that bug exists..there is no update for my phone..i have fixed it with a app and now its all ok.

What app did you used?
I downgraded my phone while ago to be able to root it and I kept old sw version. At the moment we have same sw version though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 2.8.5.0 for S3 Neo

T.W.R.P 2.8.5.0 recovery for S3 Neo GT-I9301I, GT-I9300I and GT-I9301Q
    Installation:
    1st Method ( Flashable ZIP )
    1. Download TWRP flashable zip for S3 Neo and transfer it to your phone
    2. Boot your device into recovery ( Vol Up + Home+ Power )
    3. Install TWRP flashable zip

2nd Method ( Odin method )
    1. Download recovery.tar.md5
    5. Make sure Odin recognizes your phone ( There should be something like "0:[COM11]" in first box and it will be yellow )

3rd method ( Terminal emulator - requires rooted device )
    1. Download recovery.img and transfer it to your phone ( i will use /sdcard but it is optional)
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    su

Enjoy! ;)

Thanks for help:
    @AntaresOne
    Root and TWRP 2.8.4.0 for S3 Neo

Disclaimer : I am not responsible for any possible damage! Use this guide and methods on your own!
    Rooting method:
    1. Install TWRP or CWM for S3 Neo
    2. Download SuperSU-v2.45.zip and KNOX-Removal-Script.zip from attachments
    3. Transfer downloaded zips to SDCard
    4. Boot into recovery mode ( Vol UP + Home + Power )
    5. Flash SuperSU-v2.45.zip and Knox-Removal-Script.zip
    6. Reboot !

Enjoy! ;)

Thanks to :
    Chainfire for SuperSU
    Kaito95 for his KNOX removal script

T.W.R.P. Updated to version 2.8.5.0!

Support me if you like my work!
    Use "Send payment" option on paypal ( [email protected] ) because "Donate" option is not available in my contry. Thanks ;)
    I will update to 2.8.6.0 soon
    Now we have official TWRP builds, check link: https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxys3neo.html
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone