[ROOT] RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter | Updated 01.26.13

Search This thread

dre22era

Aug 3, 2010
two days and still no luck = i give up
tried just once just now and still got the log in successful screen loops before the same error message came up and now htc dev is back to saying You have exceeded the allowed page load frequency.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Dan, just wanna say, 'you da man'. Also, I see you're looking at AOSP development. Things couldn't look much better. :):thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Last edited:

bravo1565

Jun 6, 2010
Ok I just updated my firmware to jellybean I have tried this before and work but when I tried it yesterday it says it says error HTC unlock boatloader it goes to the website and keeps switching back and forth on unlock boatloader and sighn in

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Please rewrite you're post using punctuation so that people can make sense of it. If it's legible, you'll likely get help . Typing on the internet doesn't mean that what your 3rd grade teacher taught, doesn't apply.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Ok I just updated my firmware to jellybean I have tried this before and work but when I tried it yesterday it says it says error HTC unlock boatloader it goes to the website and keeps switching back and forth on unlock boatloader and sighn in

Looking into this, but It's probably just another htcdev.com issue

bravo1565

Jun 6, 2010
I guess its gonna take some time to root or untill htc dev website gets there act together

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
GREAT. Leave it to HTC to change the internal workings of their website to block my rooter from submitting the token ;)

In case they're reading this.. I've found another way to do it, and I just need to code it into the rooter. There.

So sorry, the rooter might not be working with the HTCdev portion, but I'm working on a new build that will allow you to skip that portion if the bootloader is already unlocked.

shaunsolo

Mar 3, 2009
GREAT. Leave it to HTC to change the internal workings of their website to block my rooter from submitting the token ;)

In case they're reading this.. I've found another way to do it, and I just need to code it into the rooter. There.

So sorry, the rooter might not be working with the HTCdev portion, but I'm working on a new build that will allow you to skip that portion if the bootloader is already unlocked.

My bootloader is not already unlocked. I have been trying to root this for about a week now and I have not been successful. Please direct me on what I need to do or where I need to go to successfully root my phone from scratch. Thank you. :)

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com

jarome1

Sep 2, 2010
It worked but...

I think I have screwed something up. I used this link to get root, but not some applications cannot log in. Norton, Evernote, Dropbox with 2-factor authentication. For example, Evernote says it can't find any connection, and if I try to log in, it says: "Bootstrap profile is null."

I had done a factory reset and had never used Google Wallet, so there was no reset option there.

What could I have done?

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
I think I have screwed something up. I used this link to get root, but not some applications cannot log in. Norton, Evernote, Dropbox with 2-factor authentication. For example, Evernote says it can't find any connection, and if I try to log in, it says: "Bootstrap profile is null."

I had done a factory reset and had never used Google Wallet, so there was no reset option there.

What could I have done?
Hmm, not sure. I'm not familiar with those applications on android. You might want to ask in that thread, since it's a more general root thread.

Reactions: HTCotta

jarome1

Sep 2, 2010
Today's update

Hmm, not sure. I'm not familiar with those applications on android. You might want to ask in that thread, since it's a more general root thread.
So today, Sprint pushed out an update to 4.1.1. Now that I am rooted, how do I, should I install it?

I downloaded it, and when it reboots, I am sent to the ROM manager, I select the ROM in sdcard/downlaod, but it fails.

HTCotta

May 14, 2008
Hey Regaw, you mentioned a few posts back that you still had a way to get unlock codes...is it usable in any way yet? I don't wanna badger for an ETA or anything but I can't register for HTCdev and they are utterly useless in support. Sense is going to be the death of me.

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Hey Regaw, you mentioned a few posts back that you still had a way to get unlock codes...is it usable in any way yet? I don't wanna badger for an ETA or anything but I can't register for HTCdev and they are utterly useless in support. Sense is going to be the death of me.
I'm still working on implementing the work around into my code base. Physics classes are taking up most of my free time during the week, so major developments usually only happen on the weekends, and this weekend I'm going hiking for a nice fresh air break from classes. I'll see what I can do in the next week or so however. Getting around limitations on their site is pretty challenging lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ ME:
    HTCDev.com has blocked access to the method I was using to automate their website.
    As of right now, this method does not work due to that, but I am currently implementing a fix.
    You may still download the rooter, but it WILL NOT communicate with HTCDev.com until I update it.

Description
    Please read this entire post before attempting to root/unlock!
    RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter provides easy bootloader unlocking, recovery flashing, and rooting of the HTC EVO 4G LTE's stock firmware.
    This rooter DOES use HTCdev.com to unlock your bootloader.
    NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader erases ALL user data on the phone! Be sure to back up with Titanium or something similar!
    Successful in unlocking and rooting all builds.
    If you have any problems while rooting, reboot your phone completely and try again.

What it does
    • Verifies Device and Battery Level (Needs to be charged to at least 40% before running)
    • Reboots to Bootloader and Gets Unlock Token
    • Sends Token to HTCdev.com
    • Retrieves Unlock_code.bin
    • Unlocks Bootloader
    • Flashes TWRP Recovery
    • Sends Superuser packages and busybox to device

Usage
    Before Running! - Clear your Google Wallet Settings!

1. Run the "RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.exe" on your computer, Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer options on your phone, then plug in your Evo.
    2. It will recognize that you plugged it in, and a big button that reads "ROOT ME" will appear.
    3. Follow the on screen prompts and wait until rooting is complete.

Requirements
    Windows Computer
    HTC Drivers installed
    .NET 4.0 installed
    Active Internet Connection (for communication with HTCdev.com)

Screenshots
    Screenshots

Special Thanks
    djR3Z - Working with me and developing new, innovative ideas
    jayjam99 - HUGE thanks for helping me out with htcdev! This guy really saved my butt.
    TeamWin - Their awesome TWRP recovery
    sparkym3 & Dan Rosenburg - Local root exploit
    Chainfire - SuperSu
    Testers - PodCulture | wileout

Changelog
    Version 4.0.2 | 01.26.13
    • Updated internal library to fix bug
    Version 4.0.1 | 01.25.13
    • Update RegawMOD_Rooter.zip with new binaries

Download Latest Release
    RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x86
    RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x64

Download Info
    Rooter x86 MD5 - e87ab5ac647a0edd7d869e2cc5ad0bc4
    Rooter x64 MD5 - 72d642a7a231a96c92c8244f8a750687
    In the scheme of life some things are more important than others. Don't worry about any time frame. Just take care of yourself and yours. I know you do this out of desire to help others and all of us need to understand this. I will shut up now.

Doc

I fully understand. I just wanted to know for sure if we "could" be expecting it. That's all. Again, I appreciate all the time you have spent doing this.
    Hey no worries guys, I was just trying to clarify that I don't have unlimited time always to work on things here on xda. I have a ton of projects on here as well that need updating and I am behind and a little stressed out :p

I'm working on an update for this right now, which will be smart and work for both the 1.13 and 1.22, deciding which you have and doing the proper method.
    Updated to version 4.0 today. This should have ironed out the reboot issues and the HTCdev.com issues. Right now HTCdev.com is a little bit slow, just due to their server, but if you're patient and let it do it's thing, it will work.
    Ok, updated the OP with a new technique. Hopefully this will get the zip pushed. Let me know if I have to do more on it.