How To Guide Root RUI2.0 and RUI3.0 all models with Magisk

Search This thread

RMX3370

WARNING
Do it at your own risk , neither XDA nor me will be responsible for any damage that may occur

Overview
Rooting your device will give you freedom to enjoy plethora of features like removing OEM bloatwares , using system level Firewall , backing up and restoring all data of Apps , underclocking kernel for better battery life etc .

Requirements

Downloads
ADB-FASTBOOT setup for windows https://forum.xda-developers.com/at...484757/?hash=78ebfa42e75a5def462676a93fff24c7

TWRP.img file link https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688258515

Magisk23 apk Click here

Root Checker App link https://apkpure.com/root-and-safetynet-checker/com.atominvention.rootchecker/download?from=details

STEPS
Copy this file to your PC C:\adb folder and rename it to twrp.img

adb folder.png

Boot your device into fastboot mode Open Command Line
Go To C:\adb folder , press shift and do a right click , select open Powershell window here
Now type
fastboot devices
, press enter it should show your device now
now type
fastboot boot twrp.img
Process will take 10 second
Your device will reboot and after some time it will show TWRP logo ( it takes time 1 min approx )
wait some time
twrp home.png

then In PC file explorer it will show realme gt neo 2 , open it
go to internal storage > Downloads and copy paste the twrp.img file and
magisk alpha apk
In twrp backup BOOT , EFS, Modem ,Persist-Image
backup1.png

after backup is done come back to TWRP home and tap on Install button go to the folder where you saved both the files
and select Install image button , now it will show twrp.img file , tap on it then select recovery partition and swipe to confirm flash

twrp flash.png

twrp flash 2.png

After process is complete press Back button and come to TWRP home
Again press install button and select magisk.apk and swipe to confirm flash , this will install Magisk 23 after process is complete press home button go to reboot tab and select system

magisk 1.png

magisk 2.png

, Now phone will reboot to system
In phone open file manager and install
magisk.apk
Open magisk app it will show magisk installed
magisk 3.jpg

just to be sure press the install button and select direct install and press Lets GO

magisk 4.jpg

After process is complete press the reboot button and it will boot back to system mode now
Your phone is rooted with magisk 23 and you are eligible to enjoy variety of mods and themes for your device .

rooted1.jpg

Attachments

• Magisk-v24.3.apk
    10.4 MB · Views: 278
Last edited:

RMX3370

Q1) Why are you not flashing recovery directly ?
A)
Becuase Its risky (very low chance of flashing failing from fastboot ),So
first we boot this twrp file temporarily and backup all important partitions
When it is clear recovery is working fine , we copy the twrp.img and flash it from twrp to make it permanent .

RMX3370

Q2) Why are you not flashing magisk patched image ?
Ans) Becuase Its risky (the patched boot image you got may not be of your model or software version which will cause bootloop , SO
we trust in magisk to use our device boot.img to create a patched boot.img with magisk support , then we reflash magisk from magisk App to confirm it .

RMX3370

This post says "for all models" but your bootloader unlocker post is for Indian model?
Just asking. It can cause misunderstanding.
This guide will work for all variants of GT NEO 2 , however the unlocking guide is for Indian Variant only .
So if you somehow managed to unlock Non-Indian Model of RMX3370 you can safely follow this guide (no liabilities of OP ) to install TWRP then root your device

RMX3370

Is there any way to flash stock rom if twrp is installed?
Why do you want to flash stock ROM ?
If it is booting problem you can read this guide
If you just want to reset you have to first remove magisk then from TWRP do factory reset from WIPE section.
However you can try this RollBack ZIP for Indian Variant of Realme GT NEO 2

Reactions: ultimatesprit

Spl1tz

Sep 13, 2011
Realme GT Neo 2
This guide will work for all variants of GT NEO 2 , however the unlocking guide is for Indian Variant only .
So if you somehow managed to unlock Non-Indian Model of RMX3370 you can safely follow this guide (no liabilities of OP ) to install TWRP then root your device
Ah gotcha. And now i see bootloader unlock for all variants too. Finally!
Thank you for your hard work :)

ultimatesprit

Aug 30, 2021
Realme GT Neo 2
If you just want to reset you have to first remove magisk then from TWRP do factory reset from WIPE section.
This is my first realme device.I would prefer to keep a stock rom to flash incase any boot loop. Not decided to flash twrp permanently. i hope i can boot to stock recovery and flash rollback package to be in stock..Will it work?

lspgzz

Feb 21, 2022
I have moved magisk23aplha.apk to /sdcard/download, but i can't find it in the path after click 'Install Zip', how?

theogr91

Apr 25, 2017
Greece
I booted in twrp when i click any option it makes a hissing noise (in twrp) and when i try to backup says unable to mount storage (unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps faild to mount '/data' (invalid argument) also i cant see my device on my computer.

RMX3370

I booted in twrp when i click any option it makes a hissing noise (in twrp) and when i try to backup says unable to mount storage (unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps faild to mount '/data' (invalid argument) also i cant see my device on my computer.
Are you able to boot into ROM ?
What have you done before this started happening ?
coz that happens when rui gets corrupted and is unable to mount /data and If unable to boot into saystem then the only solution is to do flash stock boot.IMG and wipe all data

theogr91

Apr 25, 2017
Greece
Are you able to boot into ROM ?
What have you done before this started happening ?
coz that happens when rui gets corrupted and is unable to mount /data and If unable to boot into saystem then the only solution is to do flash stock boot.IMG and wipe all data
After i unlocked bootloader i flashed ui 2 twrp to ui3 and bricked i fixed it with ofp flash sideload from twrp i can use my phone just bs on twrp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING
    Do it at your own risk , neither XDA nor me will be responsible for any damage that may occur

Overview
    Rooting your device will give you freedom to enjoy plethora of features like removing OEM bloatwares , using system level Firewall , backing up and restoring all data of Apps , underclocking kernel for better battery life etc .

Requirements

Downloads
    ADB-FASTBOOT setup for windows https://forum.xda-developers.com/at...484757/?hash=78ebfa42e75a5def462676a93fff24c7

TWRP.img file link https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688258515

Magisk23 apk Click here

Root Checker App link https://apkpure.com/root-and-safetynet-checker/com.atominvention.rootchecker/download?from=details

STEPS
    Copy this file to your PC C:\adb folder and rename it to twrp.img

adb folder.png

Boot your device into fastboot mode Open Command Line
    Go To C:\adb folder , press shift and do a right click , select open Powershell window here
    Now type
    fastboot devices
    , press enter it should show your device now
    now type
    fastboot boot twrp.img
    Process will take 10 second
    Your device will reboot and after some time it will show TWRP logo ( it takes time 1 min approx )
    wait some time
    twrp home.png

then In PC file explorer it will show realme gt neo 2 , open it
    go to internal storage > Downloads and copy paste the twrp.img file and
    magisk alpha apk
    In twrp backup BOOT , EFS, Modem ,Persist-Image
    backup1.png

after backup is done come back to TWRP home and tap on Install button go to the folder where you saved both the files
    and select Install image button , now it will show twrp.img file , tap on it then select recovery partition and swipe to confirm flash

twrp flash.png

twrp flash 2.png

After process is complete press Back button and come to TWRP home
    Again press install button and select magisk.apk and swipe to confirm flash , this will install Magisk 23 after process is complete press home button go to reboot tab and select system

magisk 1.png

magisk 2.png

, Now phone will reboot to system
    In phone open file manager and install
    magisk.apk
    Open magisk app it will show magisk installed
    magisk 3.jpg

just to be sure press the install button and select direct install and press Lets GO

magisk 4.jpg

After process is complete press the reboot button and it will boot back to system mode now
    Your phone is rooted with magisk 23 and you are eligible to enjoy variety of mods and themes for your device .

rooted1.jpg
    This post says "for all models" but your bootloader unlocker post is for Indian model?
    Just asking. It can cause misunderstanding.
    Is there any way to flash stock rom if twrp is installed?
    Yes
    can we update the magisk to latest version (stable or beta) ?
    You can Safely update to latest Magisk releases