Root S5 mini G800

Search This thread

lembeee

Jan 24, 2004
thanks ..... worked like a charm

xposed installation led to some problems though. (health services stopped)

Reactions: ZeuBug

papi54

Dec 25, 2010
Tamási
papidroid.hu
KNOX NO!!!

I've installed the app after supersu root after the initial start-up and asked him to clear whether the detected files KNOX. The answer of course is "YES", and perfect, will not jump the counter !! Thank you! ;):D:good:

DJC_SP

Jan 22, 2007
Sao Paulo
Just installed the russian pre rooted firmware on SM-G800H (S5 mini duos) bought in Brazil. It worked very well. Better than the original brazilian rom and in brazilian portuguese. Now it's rooted and knox triggered. Worthwhile.

Acabei de instalar a rom pre roteada russa no SM-G800H (S5 mini duos) comprado no Brasil. Ficou muito bom. Melhor que a rom brasileira original e em português brasileiro. Agora está roteado e com o knox marcado. Valeu a pena.

Last edited:
Reactions: FelipeBazz

DönerXXL

Feb 2, 2014
Hamburg
I've installed the app after supersu root after the initial start-up and asked him to clear whether the detected files KNOX. The answer of course is "YES", and perfect, will not jump the counter !! Thank you! ;):D:good:

I do not understand.

You have root without knox 0x1 ????

I thought if Flash the cf-auto-root-sm_g800f-kminilte-xxu1ang7.tar.md5 file knox is triggered ... :confused:

Maybe I also misunderstood the text.
My English is very bad.

putti71

I do not understand.

I thought if Flash the cf-auto-root-sm_g800f-kminilte-xxu1ang7.tar.md5 file knox is triggered ... :confused:

My English is very bad.

Yes, I also think that I got this wrong. Would be really surprising if you got root without triggering knox.

Sent from my SM-G800F using XDA Free mobile app

papi54

Dec 25, 2010
Tamási
papidroid.hu
I do not understand.

My English is very bad.

The point is not that no root of Knox counter jumps hanbok that the "Super su" program recognizes the file after Knox and root can delete it.:)

Winstrol

Jan 28, 2008
Moscow
Rooted firmware G800HXXU1ANH2_XEO without KNOX
Model: SM-G800H
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 2136432
Build date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 12:19:34 +0000
Product Code: XEO
PDA: G800HXXU1ANH2
CSC: G800HXEO1ANH4
MODEM: G800HXXU1ANGF

One more ROOTED firmware for G800H version from my Russian friend we can download HERE.
Attention please - i didnt test this firmware because i have G800F version.

hispanico957

Mar 14, 2011
3 question regarding root:

- this procedure is for SM-G800F
- which release of Odin i must use ?
- after flash root if i understand well is convenient flash file g800forigrecovery.tar.md5... but in this way i loss root ?

Thank
Hispa

Precedure correct is this ??:
put in download mode;
flash via odin with "auto reboot" and "f. reset time" ticked...
wipe data after flash through recovery

Last edited:

DönerXXL

Feb 2, 2014
Hamburg
I did it with Odin 3.09

No, you don't lose root if you flash later the recovery .

A little tip from me. After first boot SuperSu will disable knox.

The system will hang there. Do a reboot and open SuperSu.

You will be asked again to disable knox .Submit with yes and all is well.

Sorry for my bad English... :D

Reactions: hispanico957

hispanico957

Mar 14, 2011
1 - After this procedure of Root if there is a update firmware, in which way i can upgrade ?
Kies i don't think... odin ?

2 - To flash custom recoveries g800forigrecovery.tar.md5 i must use i think odin again, which setting i must use on odin for flash this recovery and i also select PDA ?

Thank
Hispa

Last edited:

hispanico957

Mar 14, 2011
1 - After this procedure of Root if there is a update firmware, in which way i can upgrade ?
Kies i don't think... odin ?

2 - To flash custom recoveries g800forigrecovery.tar.md5 i must use i think odin again, which setting i must use on odin for flash this recovery and i also select PDA ?

Thank
Hispa

+1

Hispa

hispanico957

Mar 14, 2011
My experience:

Odin 3.09
put in download mode;
flash via Odin PDA (AP)cf-auto-root-sm_g800f-kminilte-xxu1ang7.tar.md5 with "auto reboot" and "f. reset time" ticked
wipe data after flash through recovery
Root OK

After this always with Odin PDA (AP) i reflash the original stock recovery
g800forigrecovery.tar.md5
with "auto reboot" and "f. reset time" ticked
All ok

And at the end i have also installed form Play Store SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD, to have the possibility to write on external memory for example with Titanium Backup
Now is able to write and save on external memory

Hispa

Last edited:
Reactions: Myke72

tenos

Feb 11, 2012
I did it with Odin 3.09

Hello DönerXXL,

after a couple of years on my Galaxy S1 I havent used ODIN and other stuff so I have some questions.

- Have you used the Files from Chainfire homepage to root your Galaxy S5 mini?
- Is there any yellow triangle Symbol while booting up you device like it has been on Samsung Galaxy S2?
- Can you confirm that the knox counter is 0x00?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Greetings from Germany
Tenos

Anthony_01

Dec 12, 2012
I did it with Odin 3.09

DönerXXL,
how did you manage to clean KNOX status. I applied that ROM from Winstrol post and my knox shows now 0x1. You said that SuperSu app will disable it. Where is that option ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success, but KNOX tripped

Chainfire has an autoroot for all version of S5 mini now see http://autoroot.chainfire.eu
    Hi, unfortunately its not working for me. I belive @rutvikrvr will try again, but couple his compilations ends up with black screen in recovery. System could boot normaly, but Philz CWM shows only black screen, but I suppose was working, cause pushing home button phone did restart, and if in firstplace volume down was pushed, then home button didnt invoke restart, so it was like in recovery menu (first in the list is reboot....)

I would be more than gratefull to see custom recovery for backup purposes. I dont need any custom rom and never will try :)
    I've got an idea to fix that... Will compile today... Should be fixed
    Hello,

so I used Chainfire's original CF-Auto-Root for SM-G900H and the Stock recovery files from SM-G800F (G800FXXU1ANG7_DBT Firmware from Sammobile.com). I was able to have root on the Stock firmware using the attached file via Odin.

BUT: IT WILL MAKE KNOX WARRANTY VOID 1.

If anyone else is interested to try:

Download Mode: (VolDn+Home+Power, VolUp)
    Odin PDA (AP): cf-auto-root-sm_g800f-kminilte-xxu1ang7.tar.md5
    Auto Reboot

Enjoy rooted device.

It might be a good idea to reflash the original stock recovery afterwards as currently no custom recoveries are available. g800forigrecovery.tar.md5

Cheers.

Edit:
    http://www.xda-root.com has either stolen the rooting image from here and put it on another server without my permission or created a file with the same name on their server. If you downloaded the file from their link, there is no guarentee what it will do.
    can you please get me the boot.img , recovery.img and build.prop ..i will make a custom recovery
    I do not understand.

My English is very bad.

The point is not that no root of Knox counter jumps hanbok that the "Super su" program recognizes the file after Knox and root can delete it.:)
    Hello,

so I used Chainfire's original CF-Auto-Root for SM-G900H and the Stock recovery files from SM-G800F (G800FXXU1ANG7_DBT Firmware from Sammobile.com). I was able to have root on the Stock firmware using the attached file via Odin.

BUT: IT WILL MAKE KNOX WARRANTY VOID 1.

If anyone else is interested to try:

Download Mode: (VolDn+Home+Power, VolUp)
    Odin PDA (AP): cf-auto-root-sm_g800f-kminilte-xxu1ang7.tar.md5
    Auto Reboot

Enjoy rooted device.

It might be a good idea to reflash the original stock recovery afterwards as currently no custom recoveries are available. g800forigrecovery.tar.md5

Cheers.

Thanks a lot! What did you do to get your flashable .tar.md5 from the auto root g900h? Is there a howto which reveals how to do this?