How To Guide [Root] Samsung Galaxy A52 SM-A525F Magisk Root

Search This thread

redymedan

Dec 10, 2016
Root Samsung Galaxy A52 SM-A525F Android 11 Official - AUC4 Firmware. TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A52 Android 11 does not available yet when I posted this rooting guide. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!

Rooting Instructions ( Don't make mistake )
  1. Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
  2. Patch boot.img then Pack it to magisk_patched.tar. If you don't want to do it by your self, you can download it from link below
  3. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
  4. Open ODIN
  5. Insert magisk_patched.tar in AP, then click start. The phone will rebooting to ANDROID RECOVERY MODE
  6. in ANDROID RECOVERY, Select Factory data reset and press power key to confirm
  7. select 'Factory data reset' again and confirm
  8. Setup the phone
  9. Connect to Internet
  10. Install and Open Magisk App, it will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
  11. Done!
Download
magisk_patched

Telegram: https://t.me/SamsunGalaxyA52

Watch This Video Tutorial

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
Thanks, nice job. Only problem is that I get daily spontaneous reboots. E.g. I try to activate fingerprints and the phone asks me to start scanning my fingerprint it reboots.

Last edited:

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
Thanks, nice job. Only problem is that I get daily spontaneous reboots. E.g. I try to activate fingerprints and the phone asks me to start scanning my fingerprint it reboots.
Okay, solved. Flashed latest firmware (AUC5) and patched boot.img with Magisk. Fingerprints works now and no reboots so far :)

Rerel14

Jan 17, 2021
Glad to see it's working. I just purchased the device today but I don't have a PC with Windows, I'm on Ubuntu. Would it work as well using Odin for Mobile ? Does a version of Odin exist for Linux ?

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
Glad to see it's working. I just purchased the device today but I don't have a PC with Windows, I'm on Ubuntu. Would it work as well using Odin for Mobile ? Does a version of Odin exist for Linux ?
Sorry I'm not a Linux user, but if you google for Odin and Linux/Ubuntu you results like:

Rerel14

Jan 17, 2021
Sorry I'm not a Linux user, but if you google for Odin and Linux/Ubuntu you results like:

Thank you for your reply, I'll take a look at that.
I have a other question : I checked the firmware and it's AUB5. I guess I can't use the file attached in the post and I need to patch boot.img as described here :
(I assume it's the same for any samsung device...) ?

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
Thank you for your reply, I'll take a look at that.
I have a other question : I checked the firmware and it's AUB5. I guess I can't use the file attached in the post and I need to patch boot.img as described here :
(I assume it's the same for any samsung device...) ?
Yes, it's more or less the procedure. But I would just download the latest magisk (22.1) from

the UI is a bit different from the one in your video

Rerel14

Jan 17, 2021
My phone had an update, I'm on firmware (AUC5) now. I tried to patch boot.img with Magisk and install it with Odin but I got a message FAILED. Don't know whether the problem comes from a bad procedure during patching AUC5 boot firmware or a problem with ODIN. I activated "USB debogging" in settings which is not specified in the instructions above, can it be the problem ? Any idea ?

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
My phone had an update, I'm on firmware (AUC5) now. I tried to patch boot.img with Magisk and install it with Odin but I got a message FAILED. Don't know whether the problem comes from a bad procedure during patching AUC5 boot firmware or a problem with ODIN. I activated "USB debogging" in settings which is not specified in the instructions above, can it be the problem ? Any idea ?
bootloader unlocked🤔

Rerel14

Jan 17, 2021
bootloader unlocked🤔
Yes OEM unlocked and USB debugging unlocked. When I connected the phone via Odin it was well recognized, the Id Com was blue but I when click on start button I had a failed message. Don't remember if there was a specific message but I think there wasn't (may be I could try again). My device model is SM-A525F/DS and baseband version A525FXXU1AUC5.
Coul it be that I didn't patch the boot.img correctly ?
If I'm correct you flashed latest firmware (AUC5) and patched boot.img with Magisk and everything went fine, right ?

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
Yes OEM unlocked and USB debugging unlocked. When I connected the phone via Odin it was well recognized, the Id Com was blue but I when click on start button I had a failed message. Don't remember if there was a specific message but I think there wasn't (may be I could try again). My device model is SM-A525F/DS and baseband version A525FXXU1AUC5.
Coul it be that I didn't patch the boot.img correctly ?
If I'm correct you flashed latest firmware (AUC5) and patched boot.img with Magisk and everything went fine, right ?
just to be sure, oem unlocked means it's permitted to unlock bootloader, but did you really unlocked bootloader also🤔

Rerel14

Jan 17, 2021
just to be sure, oem unlocked means it's permitted to unlock bootloader, but did you really unlocked bootloader also🤔
OK, I think you pointed the problem. I checked the option in the dev options but that's all I did. I assume that's why it is not grey as described in the video above.
Where can I found a reliable tuto on how to unlock bootloader ?

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
OK, I think you pointed the problem. I checked the option in the dev options but that's all I did. I assume that's why it is not grey as described in the video above.
Where can I found a reliable tuto on how to unlock bootloader ?

don't forget to backup your data. I think after unlocking bootloader your phone will return to factory settings

Rerel14

Jan 17, 2021
I'm getting closer but still not performed yet...
Bootloader unlocked successfully
Installation via Odin successfull
When I want to install Magisk I have an error message : "There was a problem while parsing the package"
I allowed Magisk in "Install unknown apps" but I stuck anyway with that message.

Should I install Magisk from an other source ?

Rerel14

Jan 17, 2021
I installed Magisk from an other source and eventually I succeeded to get root !
Huge thanks Hansxl for your help and patience. Really appreciated it.

Last question : if I update the firmware I'll need to make the full procedure described above again ?

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
I'm getting closer but still not performed yet...
Bootloader unlocked successfully
Installation via Odin successfull
When I want to install Magisk I have an error message : "There was a problem while parsing the package"
I allowed Magisk in "Install unknown apps" but I stuck anyway with that message.

Should I install Magisk from an other source ?
deinstall magisk and install magisk again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Samsung Galaxy A52 SM-A525F Android 11 Official - AUC4 Firmware. TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A52 Android 11 does not available yet when I posted this rooting guide. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!

Rooting Instructions ( Don't make mistake )
    1. Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
    2. Patch boot.img then Pack it to magisk_patched.tar. If you don't want to do it by your self, you can download it from link below
    3. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
    4. Open ODIN
    5. Insert magisk_patched.tar in AP, then click start. The phone will rebooting to ANDROID RECOVERY MODE
    6. in ANDROID RECOVERY, Select Factory data reset and press power key to confirm
    7. select 'Factory data reset' again and confirm
    8. Setup the phone
    9. Connect to Internet
    10. Install and Open Magisk App, it will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
    11. Done!
    Download
    magisk_patched

Telegram: https://t.me/SamsunGalaxyA52

Watch This Video Tutorial

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone