How To Guide [Root] Samsung Galaxy A52 SM-A525F Magisk Root

Search This thread

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
I installed Magisk from an other source and eventually I succeeded to get root !
Huge thanks Hansxl for your help and patience. Really appreciated it.

Last question : if I update the firmware I'll need to make the full procedure described above again ?
not the full procedure because bootloader is already unlocked

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11588103

Is it possible to unroot the device and relock the bootloader?

Im guessing if we flash the original boot.img file it will restore to original state and then the bootloader can be locked.

Skelos

Jun 10, 2013
Really? Once rooted I have to PRESS POWER button each time after turn on the phone when the root alert message appears??
It not start any more pressing power button only one time?

VonSparq

Jun 2, 2019
What can we do with rooting the device when there is NO stable custom ROM available?

I mean what are the advantages with just rooting the device, please?
Rooting is awesome, you can do full app backups, remove, modify or add system apps, access app files, use AdAway, Xposed, Magisk modules, tweak performance with a kernel manager and do a lot of cool ****, but on it's own it was never worth it IMO.

Most advantages of rooting that I care about come from custom recoveries, which we have, kernels, which we have one so far and ROMs that are sure to come soon, let's hope there'll be some AOSP based ones, I don't care much for One UI custom ROMs.

djcmn

Oct 27, 2012
New Hope, MN
Thinking of picking this up at a T-Mobile store. Will this work on that model? Need root for adaway and Viper, plus I like that it has a 3.5mm headphone jack. My old rooted S4 performs well enough, especially with audio, but batteries are getting hard to find and it lacks many of the new bands.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Thinking of picking this up at a T-Mobile store. Will this work on that model? Need root for adaway and Viper, plus I like that it has a 3.5mm headphone jack. My old rooted S4 performs well enough, especially with audio, but batteries are getting hard to find and it lacks many of the new bands.
If it's the U.S. variant there's a good chance it's not rootable and you'd have to pay extra to even be able to.

Reactions: djcmn
D

Deleted member 11588103

I turned off oem lock in developer settings, but it is still locked so I'm unable to flash the patched boot image.
Anyone an idea on how to fix this?
After you set the OEM unlocking toggle on in the developer settings you need to reboot the phone into bootloader unlock mode.

You can do this by:
Step 1 - Switch off the phone.
Step 2 - Connect your phone to a computer using a usb cable, while you are plugging in the phone hold down the volume + and - buttons together. (You should boot into an aqua colored screen)
Step 3 - Press and hold the volume + key to enter device unlock mode.
Step 4 - Press the volume up key to confirm that you want to unlock the bootloader (this will wipe all data)
Step 5 - Once the phone restarts into the android setup page, power it off again and repeat step 2.
Step 6 - This time instead of holding down the volume + key just press it once to enter download mode.
Step 7 - Open the ODIN program on your computer and make sure it says "Added" then simply flash the file, wait for the phone to restart and then setup the phone as normal.
Step 8 - After setting up the phone you will see the magisk app connect your phone to the internet and the tap on it to set it up.
Step 9 - Your device will automatically reboot after setup and enjoy! :D

Reactions: ilmervanhattem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Samsung Galaxy A52 SM-A525F Android 11 Official - AUC4 Firmware. TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A52 Android 11 does not available yet when I posted this rooting guide. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!

Rooting Instructions ( Don't make mistake )
    1. Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
    2. Patch boot.img then Pack it to magisk_patched.tar. If you don't want to do it by your self, you can download it from link below
    3. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
    4. Open ODIN
    5. Insert magisk_patched.tar in AP, then click start. The phone will rebooting to ANDROID RECOVERY MODE
    6. in ANDROID RECOVERY, Select Factory data reset and press power key to confirm
    7. select 'Factory data reset' again and confirm
    8. Setup the phone
    9. Connect to Internet
    10. Install and Open Magisk App, it will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
    11. Done!
    Download
    magisk_patched

Telegram: https://t.me/SamsunGalaxyA52

Watch This Video Tutorial

What can we do with rooting the device when there is NO stable custom ROM available?

I mean what are the advantages with just rooting the device, please?
    Rooting is awesome, you can do full app backups, remove, modify or add system apps, access app files, use AdAway, Xposed, Magisk modules, tweak performance with a kernel manager and do a lot of cool ****, but on it's own it was never worth it IMO.

Most advantages of rooting that I care about come from custom recoveries, which we have, kernels, which we have one so far and ROMs that are sure to come soon, let's hope there'll be some AOSP based ones, I don't care much for One UI custom ROMs.
    Any way to get rid of the "PRESS POWER KEY TO CONTINUE"?
    On qcom devices, not really. Even on exynos devices after removing that you still need to physically press the power button or if you don't wanna even do that you have to w8 bout 10 to 15 extra seconds..
    If it's the U.S. variant there's a good chance it's not rootable and you'd have to pay extra to even be able to.