How To Guide [Root] Samsung Galaxy A52 SM-A525F Magisk Root

Search This thread

partyman66

Dec 2, 2014
Nowadays, I just use blokada which doesn't require root.
I have issues with Blokada constantly shutting off on my A52 even with it setup to be exempt from all battery savings, sleep modes, using their keepalive setting and also using "Always on VPN".

I really wish there was a root available for the US Market unlocked A52 5G. I'd love to be able to disable any services (especially google play ones) receivers and activities, use a custom /etc/hosts file, freely use hotspot with my data on a network provider that charges for that feature, and use advanced features of Greenify/Naptime.

ARCHANGELGABRIEL

Mar 6, 2016
Hello guys, so I was rooting my phone and I had just ended loading the "A52_MagiskPatched_AndroidHowTo.tar" AP thing via Odin. Instead of taking me to the recovery and is stuck at this screen.
WIN_20211203_19_04_25_Pro.jpg

I can still load into the download screen, but that's all.

If any one has any solutions please reply, I am sure I did all the steps, but now I'm doubting myself is there a way to revert it or something?

If someone can help me I promise to give a small compensation!
Discord: Non Sense Speaks#4580

Digitarier

Jan 13, 2015
Hello guys, so I was rooting my phone and I had just ended loading the "A52_MagiskPatched_AndroidHowTo.tar" AP thing via Odin. Instead of taking me to the recovery and is stuck at this screen.View attachment 5474237
I can still load into the download screen, but that's all.

If any one has any solutions please reply, I am sure I did all the steps, but now I'm doubting myself is there a way to revert it or something?

If someone can help me I promise to give a small compensation!
Discord: Non Sense Speaks#4580
it looks for me as it is a how to guide...extract it and look for some other files...i did not made it, but it seems for me so, because of the filename

smallz2k

I've been offered an upgrade I have the G960f S9..one option was one of these A52S and a Chromebook!...I'd probably get rid of Chromebook..can't stand them..but never even heard of this phone..
Q. Are they a Good phone!?

They do seem alot of hassle to root etc but 'if' they're quite a.new model this is to be expected...so is everyone happy with their A52S, compared to what phone you come from, also which phone was that?
Thankyou in advance.

Smallz.

Aniruddharao

Feb 28, 2021
India
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Root Samsung Galaxy A52 SM-A525F Android 11 Official - AUC4 Firmware. TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A52 Android 11 does not available yet when I posted this rooting guide. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!

Rooting Instructions ( Don't make mistake )
  1. Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
  2. Patch boot.img then Pack it to magisk_patched.tar. If you don't want to do it by your self, you can download it from link below
  3. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
  4. Open ODIN
  5. Insert magisk_patched.tar in AP, then click start. The phone will rebooting to ANDROID RECOVERY MODE
  6. in ANDROID RECOVERY, Select Factory data reset and press power key to confirm
  7. select 'Factory data reset' again and confirm
  8. Setup the phone
  9. Connect to Internet
  10. Install and Open Magisk App, it will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
  11. Done!
Download
magisk_patched

Telegram: https://t.me/SamsunGalaxyA52

Watch This Video Tutorial

Where do you find the original firmware to patch the boot.img?

Aniruddharao

Feb 28, 2021
India
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I've been offered an upgrade I have the G960f S9..one option was one of these A52S and a Chromebook!...I'd probably get rid of Chromebook..can't stand them..but never even heard of this phone..
Q. Are they a Good phone!?

They do seem alot of hassle to root etc but 'if' they're quite a.new model this is to be expected...so is everyone happy with their A52S, compared to what phone you come from, also which phone was that?
Thankyou in advance.

Smallz.
I have been using the Samsung a525f that is the focus of this thread for a little over a month now and have had a great experience. The camera is great and display is gorgeous. The phone runs smoothly and is on the latest version of Android.

EPTIOS

Jun 23, 2022
Thanks, nice job. Only problem is that I get daily spontaneous reboots. E.g. I try to activate fingerprints and the phone asks me to start scanning my fingerprint it reboots.
I recommend installing the stock ROM again, and rooting in another way. I rooted my A52 by installing TWRP and flashing magisk.zip

I have been using the Samsung a525f that is the focus of this thread for a little over a month now and have had a great experience. The camera is great and display is gorgeous. The phone runs smoothly and is on the latest version of Android.
You can download firmware of your device from https://samfw.com/
It will be a zipped file. Extract it to get AP_XX file which will be a MD5 file. you can extract it again to get boot.img.lz4 file. you need to extract it again to get boot.img
i prefer you to use 7 Zip Zs to extract the files.

Last edited:

EPTIOS

Jun 23, 2022
You can download firmware of your device from https://samfw.com/
It will be a zipped file. Extract it to get AP_XX file which will be a MD5 file. you can extract it again to get boot.img.lz4 file. you need to extract it again to get boot.img
i prefer you to use 7 Zip Zs to extract the files.
I rooted my A52 flashing TWRP on Odin and, in TWRP, Magisk.zip

foxhoundutch

Sep 28, 2017
Netherlands
Samsung Galaxy J5
Since I posted that, I have been able to root my A52 and it is still rooted. Not sure about "2023" but things are fine even after the last patch update from Samsung. I used Frija to get the latest firmware and used the boot.img from it
thank you for the fast reply , respect. and thnx then i am gonna have a try , i have modded almost all consoles so i know enough to be succesfull just want all the facts right before i try it :)

thnx

Reactions: Aniruddharao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Samsung Galaxy A52 SM-A525F Android 11 Official - AUC4 Firmware. TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A52 Android 11 does not available yet when I posted this rooting guide. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!

Rooting Instructions ( Don't make mistake )
    1. Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
    2. Patch boot.img then Pack it to magisk_patched.tar. If you don't want to do it by your self, you can download it from link below
    3. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
    4. Open ODIN
    5. Insert magisk_patched.tar in AP, then click start. The phone will rebooting to ANDROID RECOVERY MODE
    6. in ANDROID RECOVERY, Select Factory data reset and press power key to confirm
    7. select 'Factory data reset' again and confirm
    8. Setup the phone
    9. Connect to Internet
    10. Install and Open Magisk App, it will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
    11. Done!
    Download
    magisk_patched

Telegram: https://t.me/SamsunGalaxyA52

Watch This Video Tutorial

What can we do with rooting the device when there is NO stable custom ROM available?

I mean what are the advantages with just rooting the device, please?
    Rooting is awesome, you can do full app backups, remove, modify or add system apps, access app files, use AdAway, Xposed, Magisk modules, tweak performance with a kernel manager and do a lot of cool ****, but on it's own it was never worth it IMO.

Most advantages of rooting that I care about come from custom recoveries, which we have, kernels, which we have one so far and ROMs that are sure to come soon, let's hope there'll be some AOSP based ones, I don't care much for One UI custom ROMs.
    Any way to get rid of the "PRESS POWER KEY TO CONTINUE"?
    On qcom devices, not really. Even on exynos devices after removing that you still need to physically press the power button or if you don't wanna even do that you have to w8 bout 10 to 15 extra seconds..
    Thinking of picking this up at a T-Mobile store. Will this work on that model? Need root for adaway and Viper, plus I like that it has a 3.5mm headphone jack. My old rooted S4 performs well enough, especially with audio, but batteries are getting hard to find and it lacks many of the new bands.
    If it's the U.S. variant there's a good chance it's not rootable and you'd have to pay extra to even be able to.