• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROOT] Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime G532F, G532M, G532G, SuperSU Root SM-G532F/M/G

Search This thread

hernankano

hernankano

Done exactly and then got bootloop, but please explain what did you do next?
went in dev mode etc ?
Attached screens of bootloop and recovery
cant press Apply update from ADB | SD card - echo: Update from external storage is disabled.
tried to boot in download mode after Warning - Choose to press Volume up (continue) - again bootloop....
Please Help

COMPATIBLE FIRMWARES:

SM-G532F
SM-G532M
SM-G532G

4ld0u5

May 31, 2016
This root works on my sm-g532g with version APJx but when i updated to APKx i get the input password and bootloop on reset. i think the boot.img is patched with the update. The newest update is important as it fixes the very dark front facing camera when in video calls. i hope TS will create another insecure boot.img for newer firmware versions. if you want to root i suggest you rollback to old firmwares and try this method, i am not really doing video calls so i rolledback my version now i am rooted.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

or wait for someone to create a working custom recovery

Chuthul

Jul 11, 2013
Bootloop Solved

-Edited for being an Unsafe method-

Try to downgrade vía ODIN3 for solving the bootloop.

Last edited:
This root works on my sm-g532g with version APJx but when i updated to APKx i get the input password and bootloop on reset. i think the boot.img is patched with the update. The newest update is important as it fixes the very dark front facing camera when in video calls. i hope TS will create another insecure boot.img for newer firmware versions. if you want to root i suggest you rollback to old firmwares and try this method, i am not really doing video calls so i rolledback my version now i am rooted.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

or wait for someone to create a working custom recovery
I downgrade to APJ on my SM-G532G and follow the instruction on first page, it reboot and i dont have the supersu app :confused: what i do wrong i want to root to free up my internal storage by uninstalling unecesary app.

PS: i always get notification about security notice

hernankano

For the people who got their phones in a bootloop:

1?- Download the Firmware of your phone (The ones that are on the original post)
2?-Install Samsung USB............................................

Bad instructions!

These are the instructions:

First: (if you flash only ap you can get bugs)
Download here, unzip and flash the firmware whith odin
BL_->Bl
AP_->AP
CP_->CP
CSC_->CSC

Second: (if you plug phone in dwld mode your phone will never be recognized by the ROOT.exe)
so from developer options enable "adb" and "oem unlock", connect the phone and then run ROOT.exe and folow the instructions, if your phone asks for password make factory reset, enable adb&oem and the process will continue..

Last edited:

Chuthul

Jul 11, 2013
Bad instructions!

BL_->Bl
AP_->AP
CP_->CP
CSC_->CSC

Second: (if you plug phone in dwld mode your phone will never be recognized by the ROOT.exe)
so from developer options enable "adb" and "oem unlock", connect the phone and then run ROOT.exe and folow the instructions, if your phone asks for password make factory reset, enable adb&oem and the process will continue..

I agree that my method may cause bugs (I didn't have any, but someone else can) , but the thing is the problem after "rooting", when you have the password bug.

In some cases, like mine, Wiping the data and factory cache leads to an bootloop.

So I couldn't access the phone and change the "adb" and "Oem unlock" options in "Developer menu". And in the original post there isn't any guide or FAQ were it's explained a way to return the phone back to it's factory state nor "Known issues" section

TheRisingDragon

Jul 16, 2012
Negombo
I agree that my method may cause bugs (I didn't have any, but someone else can) , but the thing is the problem after "rooting", when you have the password bug.

In some cases, like mine, Wiping the data and factory cache leads to an bootloop.

So I couldn't access the phone and change the "adb" and "Oem unlock" options in "Developer menu". And in the original post there isn't any guide or FAQ were it's explained a way to return the phone back to it's factory state nor "Known issues" section
If you are facing the password or pin then the only way you can root your device is downgrading the firmware with the provided links above, otherwise you will fail countless times like I did.. As far as I know, flashing BL - Bootloader could hard brick your phone so don't blame anyone if something like that has happened..

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Bad instructions!

BL_->Bl
AP_->AP
CP_->CP
CSC_->CSC

I've only flashed the AP and is that the reason my phone reboots? I was looking for a time to report it..

Chuthul

Jul 11, 2013
If you are facing the password or pin then the only way you can root your device is downgrading the firmware with the provided links above, otherwise you will fail countless times like I did.. As far as I know, flashing BL - Bootloader could hard brick your phone so don't blame anyone if something like that has happened..

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I've only flashed the AP and is that the reason my phone reboots? I was looking for a time to report it..

So we just need a better tutorial, with a FAQ and troubleshoot section.
So, first we need to specify what Firmware version it's compatible with this method. Second a tutorial for downgrading to that version, and third a troubleshoot or faq were we add the known issues and how to fix them.

And I wrote this, because I don't know how to downgrade this phone safely, had the password issue, and I was lucky to fix my phone via the method that I posted. (I will edit it)

PD: Can you explain how you downgraded the phone?

Last edited:

hernankano

So, first we need to specify what Firmware version it's compatible with this method. Second a tutorial for downgrading to that version, and third a troubleshoot or faq were we add the known issues and how to fix them.

And I wrote this, because I don't know how to downgrade this phone safely, had the password issue, and I was lucky to fix my phone via the method that I posted. (I will edit it)

:eek:
DOWNGRADE:
SM-G532F
SM-G532M
SM-G532G

Download, unzip and flash the firmware whith odin
BL_->Bl
AP_->AP
CP_->CP
CSC_->CSC

Last edited:

TheRisingDragon

Jul 16, 2012
Negombo

Well.. Downgrading means just simply flashing an old firmware, the OP has already posted the links for specific models..(just few posts above this) Encountering the pin and password means you're using a newer version from SamMobile site or OTA..

gilmarcosta

Jan 8, 2017
pit

eu fiz o procedimento e deu erro seandroi, ai fui tentar restaurar de fabrica, e não saiu mais dessa tela de seandroid enforcing, não consigo instalar a rom original pois da erro no pit, alguem tem um pit de samsung j2 prime, pra me ajudar, ou outra maneira de reinstalar o sistema

Chuthul

Jul 11, 2013
Success!

Now I understanded and followed the instructions from @hernankano and @TheRisingDragon.

So basically to root the phone:

-First: Make Sure to have the old Firmware Installed-
1°-Download ODIN3
2°-Download the respective firmware of your phone, that is here.
3°- Flash the files on the firmware zip that you download on ODIN
-AP -> AP
-CSC -> CSC
-BL -> BL
-CP -> CP
4°- Turn off your Phone and put it on Download Mode (Vol Down + Home + Power)
5°- Once ODIN detects it, Flash the Firmware,
6°- Now YOU CAN do the rooting process.
-Second: ROOT the phone following the video on the original post-

Troubleshoot and Known Issues:
1°-Phone ask for password after the Rooting Process.
Cause 1: Rooted with the wrong firmware (New Firmware)
Cause 2: Unknown.
Solution: Try to Wipe Data/Cache using the Recovery Mode (Vol UP + Home + Power), if that causes a bootloop then it's becuase you're using the wrong firmware.

2°-Bootloop After Wiping Data and Cache.

Cause: Rooted with the wrong firmware (New Firmware)
Solution: Flash the firmware provided in the original post. If you don't know how tho flas a Firmware, follow the instructions provided at the begining of this post.

Thanks for the Help @hernankano and @TheRisingDragon

Last edited:

Myat Lin

Dec 22, 2016
Thanks hernankano for the super easy steps,
but it seems that I rooted my G532F with your G532M root file/method. however the problem is that i get this message everytime my device boots (set warranty bit = kernel (0))
I feel something wrong happened in here.
Any advise?

My phone is galaxy j2 prime sm-g532g android 6.0.1. can't root my phone. please help me. after root phone is password code. i do factory reset. but can't this one. please help me. (My phone model number is galaxy j2 prime SM-G532G)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UPDATED] J2 Prime / Grand Prime Plus
    SAMSUNG GALAXY SM-G532F/M/G EASY ROOT KIT

YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL THE STEPS IN THE VIDEO TO AVOID ERRORS

youtu.be/SwuqvYYlqAs

DOWNLOAD

Credits:
    @Chainfire for SuperSU
    @hernankano the rest
    Success!

Now I understanded and followed the instructions from @hernankano and @TheRisingDragon.

So basically to root the phone:

-First: Make Sure to have the old Firmware Installed-
    1°-Download ODIN3
    2°-Download the respective firmware of your phone, that is here.
    3°- Flash the files on the firmware zip that you download on ODIN
    -AP -> AP
    -CSC -> CSC
    -BL -> BL
    -CP -> CP
    4°- Turn off your Phone and put it on Download Mode (Vol Down + Home + Power)
    5°- Once ODIN detects it, Flash the Firmware,
    6°- Now YOU CAN do the rooting process.
    -Second: ROOT the phone following the video on the original post-

Troubleshoot and Known Issues:
    1°-Phone ask for password after the Rooting Process.
    Cause 1: Rooted with the wrong firmware (New Firmware)
    Cause 2: Unknown.
    Solution: Try to Wipe Data/Cache using the Recovery Mode (Vol UP + Home + Power), if that causes a bootloop then it's becuase you're using the wrong firmware.

2°-Bootloop After Wiping Data and Cache.

Cause: Rooted with the wrong firmware (New Firmware)
    Solution: Flash the firmware provided in the original post. If you don't know how tho flas a Firmware, follow the instructions provided at the begining of this post.

Thanks for the Help @hernankano and @TheRisingDragon
    Thanks ,
    Ist Woking FinE.......1000000%%%%
    mm i've done it on my sm-g532F , it went fine until i got the screen for a pin code to unlock (and my phone didn't had any locks on it)

did factory reset, and now its in a boot loop

Is it network locked? Flash stock firmware.
    Thanks hernankano for the super easy steps,
    but it seems that I rooted my G532F with your G532M root file/method. however the problem is that i get this message everytime my device boots (set warranty bit = kernel (0))
    I feel something wrong happened in here.
    Any advise?

Do not worry is normal, it is because the boot file that flashed, this does not affect the use of the phone