• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root Samsung Tab A SM-T510

Search This thread

gavin watson

Feb 24, 2008
Hampshire
Hi all,

I've been trying for hours to root my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (SM-T510) and am completely stuck...

I have managed to unlock the bootloader, enabled developer mode, that is fine but when moving to Odin I'm getting stuck, have read all kinds of guides and can't get past the next stage.

I'm actually unclear as the the correct steps, my only reason for rooting is because I need to issue this command so that I can have the device boot automatically when the charger is connected:
Code:
fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0

Do I first use Odin to load twrp and then I install the ROM? I'm not sure of that part.

One other thing I'm noticing is that when I try and and use Odin to flash twrg is that on the tablet in red it says 'Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed', is this relevant and how to resolve?

One thing I have successfully done is to flash back the stock ROM from Sammobile (via Odin) and that worked fine.

Would really appreciate some help on this. I do not have a preference on which ROM to load, I just need to be able to run the above command.

Thanks in advance!

djscopesofm

Nov 7, 2009
Merrylands
technofaq.org
There are a lot of great video tutorials on YouTube. Just search for Odin flashing tutorials and watch a recent one.

Also these types of posts should go into the General forum and not the Development one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10802473

Hi all,

I've been trying for hours to root my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (SM-T510) and am completely stuck...

I have managed to unlock the bootloader, enabled developer mode, that is fine but when moving to Odin I'm getting stuck, have read all kinds of guides and can't get past the next stage.

I'm actually unclear as the the correct steps, my only reason for rooting is because I need to issue this command so that I can have the device boot automatically when the charger is connected:
Code:

Do I first use Odin to load twrp and then I install the ROM? I'm not sure of that part.

One other thing I'm noticing is that when I try and and use Odin to flash twrg is that on the tablet in red it says 'Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed', is this relevant and how to resolve?

One thing I have successfully done is to flash back the stock ROM from Sammobile (via Odin) and that worked fine.

Would really appreciate some help on this. I do not have a preference on which ROM to load, I just need to be able to run the above command.

Thanks in advance!
Samsung devices do not support FASTBOOT nor do they have a FASTBOOT mode, So you will not be able to do this even if you root.

Reactions: Aguamandan

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
:(
Hi all,

Code:

Thanks in advance!
:(RTFM!!! There was a post just yesterday in the discussion forum on how to unlock the bootloader and that has to be done FIRST. Until recently, the only Samsung tablet with locked bootloaders were those tied to a "carrier". That is no longer true. In oder to flash ANYTHING other than a stock ROM, you must first UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!!!!!! And you DON"t do it with ADB or fastboot.

Reactions: Aguamandan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 10802473
    Hi all,

Code:

Thanks in advance!
    Samsung devices do not support FASTBOOT nor do they have a FASTBOOT mode, So you will not be able to do this even if you root.
    :(
    Hi all,

Code:

Thanks in advance!
    :(RTFM!!! There was a post just yesterday in the discussion forum on how to unlock the bootloader and that has to be done FIRST. Until recently, the only Samsung tablet with locked bootloaders were those tied to a "carrier". That is no longer true. In oder to flash ANYTHING other than a stock ROM, you must first UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!!!!!! And you DON"t do it with ADB or fastboot.