[ROOT][SGP351/321/311/312][4.3] Update to 10.4.B.0.569/577 [UB/LB][XZDualRecovery]

Search This thread
I also was on 4.3 and wanted root.

I downgraded with flashtool TFT 4.1.2 rooted with vroot.
Installed lockeddualrecovery.
Put the zip rom on SD card flashed with Philz
And flashed stripped version with flashtool.

Thanks for taking the time to confirm for me
but i really need to know which ftf file i need to flash for a uk SGP311 model as the instructions seem to just point to a SGP351 file

Thanks

Yautja_Hunter

May 31, 2013
Moscow
Hi guys! I have SGP-321 and I am ALREADY on 4.3 (10.4.B.0.569). Is there a way to root without wiping data? My bootloader is unlocked. No recovery is installed. Thanks.

Just use that file in the thread for sgp351. I have a 321. And used the DE version. While I have Dutch version.

Sorry just want to check again as I thought the different versions would brick so are you saying that I can flash the sgp351 file on my sgp311? Or should I use a version especially for the 311

Sorry to keep asking but I do need to make sure

Thanks

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

donedos

Jul 8, 2012
Bacolod
I'm rooted now with this method.. I just want to ask if it's okay to flash thru cwm the system.zip as a back up.. Can it be used as system backup. I messed up with the cybershot camera and i wanted te revert back to stock..

By the way, i used nordic stripped ftf and nordic flashable system zip. Is it safe to flash again the system.zip as backup without flashing again the stripped ftf??
Using sgp311 4.3..

Thanks..

Last edited:
Sorry just want to check again as I thought the different versions would brick so are you saying that I can flash the sgp351 file on my sgp311? Or should I use a version especially for the 311

Sorry to keep asking but I do need to make sure

Thanks

I can answer my own question

Flashing the 351 file in the instructions on a 311 does not work and I thought I had bricked it but luckily after much button pressing managed to get it into flash mode and flash a 311 4.2 ROM found in another thread and after following the instructions now have a rooted 4.3 rom

Matteo1497

Sep 25, 2012
Reboots

When I install something from play store my Xperia Tablet Z reboots :crying: :crying: What is going on? :confused:

jollster101

Jun 24, 2003
For some reason I have an issue with pushing the recoveries to the tablet. I have followed the process and have 4.1.2 running and its now rooted. SuperSU has been installed and I run the install.bat file from the lockedtabdualrecovery folder and select option 1. The installer runs and pushes the files to the tablet and I was prompted to grant SuperSU access rights which I did.

However when I try to start the tablet in recovery mode it doesn't work. I have gone through the install.bat process again and it runs through ok again but I still cannot start in recovery.

Busybox is installed as well so I am fairly certain I have all the pre-requisites in place to be able to flash recovery.

Any ideas why this may be the case?

Is there an alternative way to flash a recovery so I can finish the last 2 steps to go to 4.3 and then flash the stripped ftf?

Cheers

donedos

Jul 8, 2012
Bacolod
For some reason I have an issue with pushing the recoveries to the tablet. I have followed the process and have 4.1.2 running and its now rooted. SuperSU has been installed and I run the install.bat file from the lockedtabdualrecovery folder and select option 1. The installer runs and pushes the files to the tablet and I was prompted to grant SuperSU access rights which I did.

However when I try to start the tablet in recovery mode it doesn't work. I have gone through the install.bat process again and it runs through ok again but I still cannot start in recovery.

Busybox is installed as well so I am fairly certain I have all the pre-requisites in place to be able to flash recovery.

Any ideas why this may be the case?

Is there an alternative way to flash a recovery so I can finish the last 2 steps to go to 4.3 and then flash the stripped ftf?

Cheers

the install.bat as I can remember will try to reboot into recovery after granting the SU rights. and when your in the recovery mode you'll reboot it into system to complete the process... kindly check the procedure again for proper installation of the dualrecovery... ;)

jollster101

Jun 24, 2003
the install.bat as I can remember will try to reboot into recovery after granting the SU rights. and when your in the recovery mode you'll reboot it into system to complete the process... kindly check the procedure again for proper installation of the dualrecovery... ;)

Turns out there was an issue with the 2.7.83 installer that The Nut created. He has fixed that issue and I have just used 2.7.86 with success and now have the XZDualRecovery working fine.

Cheers

mtbjoe

Dec 12, 2007
Uh oh...

Not sure what happened but it looks like something went wrong. Everything seemed to be going perfectly but right after I flashed the 4.3 unbranded UK zip it went into that boot loop. I downloaded the Nordic version and tried that one with the same results.

I can still get into Philz and TWRP but I wanted to check with you guys before I start playing with any of the wipe or reset options just in case I can save it.

I have a SGP311 and of course no backup (the only instruction I know I messed up on) and no idea where I messed up.

Any advice or links would be much appreciated.

bernddi

Apr 7, 2013
Not sure what happened but it looks like something went wrong. Everything seemed to be going perfectly but right after I flashed the 4.3 unbranded UK zip it went into that boot loop. I downloaded the Nordic version and tried that one with the same results.

I can still get into Philz and TWRP but I wanted to check with you guys before I start playing with any of the wipe or reset options just in case I can save it.

I have a SGP311 and of course no backup (the only instruction I know I messed up on) and no idea where I messed up.

Any advice or links would be much appreciated.

Did you take the right file? And did you flash the stripped ftf file via flashtool after flashing the zip in the recovery?
Note that after flashing the zip you should shut down the Tablet (not restart) and afterwards go into flashmode and flash the ftf.

mtbjoe

Dec 12, 2007
Did you take the right file? And did you flash the stripped ftf file via flashtool after flashing the zip in the recovery?
Note that after flashing the zip you should shut down the Tablet (not restart) and afterwards go into flashmode and flash the ftf.

That was it! I forgot how to use Flashtool and for some reason wanted to flash the stripped ftf from the PC after it booted up.

Feel pretty dumb but my awesome rooted Tablet Z running 4.3 is helping me feel better:good:

Thanks bernddi and everyone else who made this possible!

HeadNoodle

Sep 4, 2006
Can anyone let, etc know if I can do the system upgrade to 10.4.1.b.0.109 without losing root. I rooted using this method. And my tablet is locked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted 4.3 as per this details

Please read the instructions clearly and flash, i will not responsible for any Brick/failures on your Tablet.

Stop by and thanks to @[NUT] without him we don't have the root now.

Copy Paste from his Forum and modified for SGP351

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

for SGP321\SGP311\SGP312 click Here

SGP351: How to update to 10.4.B.0.569::

• For SGP351: Download the files here (SGP351 latest 4.3.zip and SGP351_10.4.B.0.569_US Stripped.ftf), save it somewhere you remember; (mirror)
    • Put 'SGP351 latest 4.3.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    • Put 'SGP351_10.4.B.0.569_US Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    • Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
    • Flash 'SGP351 latest 4.3.zip' in Philz, after flashing the ROM,
    • do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    • Flash everything in 'SGP351_10.4.B.0.569_US Stripped.ftf';
    • Reboot to system without clearing (dalvik-/)cache.

The first boot will be considerably slower and after a long wait at the boot animation you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone.

I have done this myself, using this method and I have not found any problem yet, again! :fingers-crossed:

Enjoy! :laugh:

Full Credits goes to @[NUT]

followed this for building the flashable Zip DIY Guide by [NUT]
    For Other Variant

Please download the your Tablet Version and Flash it. Don't try to flash other version and Bricking your devices. I have only SGP351, Other versions are not tested by me, test yourself

SGP321: Custom DE 10.4.B.0.569:: (thanks to @Rootk1t)
    Download the files here and follow the steps as mentioned from Step 2 in the First post.

SGP311: Custom NORDIC 10.4.B.0.577::
    Download the files here and follow the steps as mentioned from Step 2 in the First post.

SGP311: UK Unbranded 10.4.B.0.577:: thanks to @Darkimmortal

SGP312: Generic GB 10.4.B.0.577:: thanks to @ibis69

SGP312: VMo DE GenericB 10.4.B.0.577:: thanks to @Pluton1C
    Download the files from here and follow the steps as mentioned from Step 2 in the First post.

Creating your Own Stripped FTF
    Download the Zip of your varinat LTE or Wifi from above any one of the models and use your Customized FTF as Stripped FTF as shown below, if you're not clear.. don't do it

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48939794&postcount=33

################Downgrade Your Rom#######################################################

STEPS TO Flash Older FTF Version and Get Root and Recovery for 4.3 Update

Back to 4.1.2 and Rooting

1. if you're in 4.3, Flash this SGP 351 4.1.2 FTF using Flash Tool and it will be booted in 4.1.2. if you have different Variant downgrade to your Variant FTF file
    2. Install Vroot from (www.mgyun.com/vroot) (DooMLord Exploit will not work for SGP351)
    3. Select Debugging on from the Settings Menu
    4. Select Unknown Sources under Security Menu in Settings
    5. Connect your phone with USB (use your tablet cable)
    6. VROOT will detect click the green button it will Reboot (if it prompts any access request grant it). Now successfully Rooted.

Copy the 4,3 Files to your SD Card as mentioned in the first Post

Install the XZ Dual Recovery

1. Download the ZX Dual Recovery from [NUT] files (Latest Version is TabZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.62-BETA.installer).
    2. Install Busybox by Stephen (Stericson) from Play store.
    3. Install the Busybox (you're tablet may Reboot in the middle if proper System RW is not there), try installing it till you get success.
    4. Now connect your phone and install the XZ Dual recovery folder Install.bat file
    5. Select the Option as Super User (2), it will copy all the stuffs and reboot and start in Philz Recovery. (if not you need to install other busybox and start again from 4)
    Just cooked up the files necessary for the UK unbranded SGP311 (16GB) following the guide approximately (used my own linux system and did some things a bit differently)

Amazingly enough, it actually worked! Currently running 4.3 rooted with all my data intact, and both recoveries work 100% :)

Here are the files, hopefully they can be added to the OP:

http://dl.weeaboo.com/SGP311-JB43-UK/SGP311_10.4.B.0.577_Generic_uk-ie.ftf
    http://dl.weeaboo.com/SGP311-JB43-UK/system.flashable.zip

*note the ftf might not be totally stripped, be sure to tick exclude UNKNOWN when flashing
    Maybe you could do something for our por SGP311?

working on it...
    @`SBR` you can modify the guide, you won't be needing the supersu_fix for this ROM, your package will work just as good, the fix has been applied to the update 2 package :)

I'm a bit pressed for time and can't support all devices at once with these packages, so exactly THIS is why i created the DIY thread, so people like you can do the same and help a fellow user get a proper rooted ROM with dual recovery :good: