• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[root] SGS2 SIM unlock code finder

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
About

Galaxy S2 SIM Unlock code finder will find the SIM unlock code for your device, or the unfreeze code. It'll take a few minutes to run, but you should end up with the code to SIM unlock your device. If the code doesn't work, don't keep trying it !. You may end up with a freeze. In that case, the program can also find the unfreeze code, but if the SIM unlock code is wrong in the first place, maybe so is the unfreeze code :)

Based on Odia's work here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1064978

Thanks / Donate

Press the thanks button, and/or donate (or not) to Odia and/or myself

Also, please rate it 5 stars in Market if it works for you... I think some people who sell unlockers are purposely 1 starring it (seeing as nobody has reported any problems)

Download

Market link (mobile): market://details?id=eu.chainfire.sgs2simunlockcode

Market link (desktop): https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.sgs2simunlockcode

attachment.php

Also, attached !

!!! IMPORTANT NOTE: On some newer SGS2 devices, it does not work at all. You can try "Galaxy_S Unlock" app from "Helroz", but beware, it's unlock method is much more dangerous !!!

THIS IS ONLY FOR NON-US RESIDENTS, SORRY. YOUR LAWS HAVE GONE BACKWARDS, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SIM UNLOCK NO MORE

Attachments

• qrcode.png
    qrcode.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 658,531
  • SGS2SIMUnlockCode-v1.0.apk
    42.4 KB · Views: 107,455
Last edited:

jamesking420

Aug 4, 2009
Downloaded and ran on my unlocked device and it came up with 00000000.

I am running to find the unfreexe code too, though not really sure how it works? Should I expect a valid code?

Reactions: melakamc

jamesking420

Aug 4, 2009
There is no SIM unlock code because there is no SIM lock ? Not sure about the unfreeze code, but I doubt it'll come up with one.

Thanks.

I thought a SIM unlock code was realted to the device, not to the device and the *current state of the SIM lock* (ie, it must be locked to display an unlock code!)

It came up with an 8 digit number starting 9242

Is it actually a useful number if you have no sim lock?

James

Reactions: gentorsic

dazzer1975

Apr 4, 2009
Rochdale
This is crazy.

Requested my unlock code from o2 over a week ago. They contacted me on Saturday to say they do not have it and that they will have to resubmit the unlock code request to Samsung.

I still do not have an unlock code after 2 weeks of owning the phone.

Literally 5 minutes after seeing the xda tweet about this thread my phone is now unlocked.

Crazy, absolutely crazy that the community can do in 5 minutes what the corporate world can't achieve in 2 weeks.

I am blown away, many many thanks to the op, this is outstanding

Last edited:

planet57

May 24, 2011
I need help - got my S2 from O2 which it's locked to. After nine days, still no unlock code from O2, apparently delays in obtaining them.

Downloaded and ran this app, but failed with 'Could not acquire Supersuer access! Is your device rooted?'

What does this mean and what do I need to do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

hostet

Oct 29, 2009
I need help - got my S2 from O2 which it's locked to. After nine days, still no unlock code from O2, apparently delays in obtaining them.

Downloaded and ran this app, but failed with 'Could not acquire Supersuer access! Is your device rooted?'

What does this mean and what do I need to do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

The message "Could not acquire Supersuer access! Is your device rooted" actually told you what is wrong. Guess you did not root your S2. Follow the link to get your S2 rooted.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056334

Last edited:

swatsbiz

Jan 27, 2010
Dundee
I have installed this and got my Unfreeze Code, however the Unlock code is just comes up as 0000000000.

It also take much less than a second to generate it, so I assume there's a problem?

The Unfreeze code took a few minutes and produced an actual code ... have I missed something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About

Galaxy S2 SIM Unlock code finder will find the SIM unlock code for your device, or the unfreeze code. It'll take a few minutes to run, but you should end up with the code to SIM unlock your device. If the code doesn't work, don't keep trying it !. You may end up with a freeze. In that case, the program can also find the unfreeze code, but if the SIM unlock code is wrong in the first place, maybe so is the unfreeze code :)

Based on Odia's work here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1064978

Thanks / Donate

Press the thanks button, and/or donate (or not) to Odia and/or myself

Also, please rate it 5 stars in Market if it works for you... I think some people who sell unlockers are purposely 1 starring it (seeing as nobody has reported any problems)

Download

Market link (mobile): market://details?id=eu.chainfire.sgs2simunlockcode

Market link (desktop): https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.sgs2simunlockcode

attachment.php

Also, attached !

!!! IMPORTANT NOTE: On some newer SGS2 devices, it does not work at all. You can try "Galaxy_S Unlock" app from "Helroz", but beware, it's unlock method is much more dangerous !!!

THIS IS ONLY FOR NON-US RESIDENTS, SORRY. YOUR LAWS HAVE GONE BACKWARDS, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SIM UNLOCK NO MORE
    Thank you Chainfire. Brilliant.
    Works
    Telenor Serbia
    There is no SIM unlock code because there is no SIM lock ? Not sure about the unfreeze code, but I doubt it'll come up with one.
    This is crazy.

Requested my unlock code from o2 over a week ago. They contacted me on Saturday to say they do not have it and that they will have to resubmit the unlock code request to Samsung.

I still do not have an unlock code after 2 weeks of owning the phone.

Literally 5 minutes after seeing the xda tweet about this thread my phone is now unlocked.

Crazy, absolutely crazy that the community can do in 5 minutes what the corporate world can't achieve in 2 weeks.

I am blown away, many many thanks to the op, this is outstanding
    Hi Chainfire, just poped into your thread to say, APP appears to be working fine.

As a note for everyone, even on a factory unlocked model the unfreeze code should still be present.