Root SM-M405F (Galaxy M40)

Theseusperse

Nov 6, 2017
Gibraltar
Too late, I already did that and it shrieked my devices storage to 16Gb first time and 32 gb on second flash. But It got fixed with Odin repartition. Dont worry It is fixable

Sent from my SM-M405F using Tapatalk
Odin repartition fails a lot. It's a running joke and famous for it, you got lucky but as I said in my previous comment don't rely on it to rescue you next time.

rajeshca911

Mar 12, 2014
Vizag
Odin repartition fails a lot. It's a running joke and famous for it, you got lucky but as I said in my previous comment don't rely on it to rescue you next time.
I learned that, coz it failed me several times and I frustrated coz.of storage.
That was the last time since I try to mess with my Device.
However If it happens again I post a video guide to Rescue the Device Hopefully.

Sent from my SM-M405F using Tapatalk

rajeshca911

Mar 12, 2014
Vizag
Any fix for loosing root ??
Im still waiting for miracle to happen.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Everyone, do not update to Magisk 20. It will result in bootloop
So only way to work magisk20 is to get twrp.
Neither A60 nor M40 source code is released. So it is clear that we have to wait long time to get proper root

Last edited:

awsmanks

Feb 4, 2013
Any fix for loosing root ??
Im still waiting for miracle to happen.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

So only way to work magisk20 is to get twrp.
Neither A60 nor M40 source code is released. So it is clear that we have to wait long time to get proper root
I am on Canary build of Magisk and its working fine for me. Magisk Hide is broken though.

If you are loosing root, make sure that you hold Volume up and Power up button during initial warning screen.

rajeshca911

Mar 12, 2014
Vizag
I am on Canary build of Magisk and its working fine for me. Magisk Hide is broken though.

If you are loosing root, make sure that you hold Volume up and Power up button during initial warning screen.

so , after flashing firmware I have to press vol up + Power at" bootloader warning screen",so its gonna fix loosing root problem even I reboot my device as many times as I want. or am I assuming wrong ?

rajeshca911

Mar 12, 2014
Vizag
How you are managing not to loose ROOT, coz sometimes even i reboot with magisk, i was loosing root, i was get tired of reformatting and re rooting since data and apps to backup and restore multiple times. is there any better way to enjoy my root "For a long period of Time "

awsmanks

Feb 4, 2013
To be honest, I never loose root. I think what you are referring to is, sometimes MAGISK fails to load when you reboot. In which case I poweroff my phone, then start it by holding volume up and power key. Keep holding untill the warning screen with yellow text disappear. Magisk will successfully load.

P.S : If you ever get stuck in bootloop, you can just flash the patched AP again along with other files without having to format.

How you are managing not to loose ROOT, coz sometimes even i reboot with magisk, i was loosing root, i was get tired of reformatting and re rooting since data and apps to backup and restore multiple times. is there any better way to enjoy my root "For a long period of Time "

rajeshca911

Mar 12, 2014
Vizag
To be honest, I never loose root. I think what you are referring to is, sometimes MAGISK fails to load when you reboot. In which case I poweroff my phone, then start it by holding volume up and power key. Keep holding untill the warning screen with yellow text disappear. Magisk will successfully load.

P.S : If you ever get stuck in bootloop, you can just flash the patched AP again along with other files without having to format.
Thanks bro, I follow your experience then, i let you know if I get caught into trouble again !! My concerns are not only issues relating to root but also reinstalling and other backup-restore procedures which makes me more irritated. If you ever came across any kind of permanent fix for this , please post in this thread . Thanks again

rajeshca911

Mar 12, 2014
Vizag
rooting procedure is working but, after rebooting 2-3 times phone is getting unrooted
is there any way to fix it?
at present there is no persistent rooting method for M40. It may take more days ( or months ) to get it done properly. however, the root can be retained if you reboot through magisk=> reboot

DeeCr

Dec 15, 2019
Flashing old firmware.

Be careful doing this, since the latest Samsung firmware update in August it doesn't work anymore. You can root at first, but then every time you reboot the phone unroots... If you persist and do it again Samsung lock the phone for "security reasons" and you can't even reach the bootloader or recovery screens using the up / down buttons... Meaning you can't go back to stock firmware without taking your phone back to the store or sending for service, but of course you now no longer have warranty.
Would flashing the old firmware (july) and then rooting the phone cause not to loose

redhatperl

Nov 5, 2007
First of all, thanks for the wonderful guide. I had few hiccups in beginning but was able to root my device finally. I was on latest version of software. I would like to use Xposed on device but it seems like edXposed is my only option.. any suggestions?

awsmanks

Feb 4, 2013