[ROOT][SM-T580/585&all Tabs A][CF-AUTO-ROOT][Simplest method to get ROOT & TWRP ]

Search This thread

flroots

Sep 12, 2012
I purchased the Galaxy Tab A (T580) today and am already in trouble. The Odin of CF-Auto-Root seemed to go fine (ie, it passed), but when I installed TWRP at Play Store things went amiss. First I didn't know whether to download the img or the img.tar. I ended up downloading both, but could find no step to actually flash either. Now I'm getting the message: Blocked by FRP Lock. How do I recover from that? Thanks for any help.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I purchased the Galaxy Tab A (T580) today and am already in trouble. The Odin of CF-Auto-Root seemed to go fine (ie, it passed), but when I installed TWRP at Play Store things went amiss. First I didn't know whether to download the img or the img.tar. I ended up downloading both, but could find no step to actually flash either. Now I'm getting the message: Blocked by FRP Lock. How do I recover from that? Thanks for any help.
You must have installed TWRP without turning on OEM Enalble in Developer Options. You'll now have to go through a complicated proceedure to get around the lock. But, your in luck in that the fix is listed in a thread in the Q&A section.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012

You must have installed TWRP without turning on OEM Enalble in Developer Options. You'll now have to go through a complicated proceedure to get around the lock. But, your in luck in that the fix is listed in a thread in the Q&A section.
No need yet for FRP bypass procedures as long as you haven't factory reset the device in recovery.
Download and install the stock firmware from updato.com.
This will remove the FRP warning.
Next search Google for OEM_UNLOCK.

flroots

Sep 12, 2012
No need yet for FRP bypass procedures as long as you haven't factory reset the device in recovery.
Download and install the stock firmware from updato.com.
This will remove the FRP warning.
Next search Google for OEM_UNLOCK.
Thanks. I did as you suggested and all is well. It did take awhile to find the correct firmware. Finally found it here: https://www.theandroidsoul.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-firmware/ and selected: T580UEU2BQF1_T580XAC2BQF1_XAC.zip

Update: I did install TWRP using Odin. Guess I got scared off by the app and I've read elsewhere to stay clear of the app in favor of Odin :)

Last edited:

flroots

Sep 12, 2012
I've discovered a problem. I encounter a 6-9 second delay after entering the security pattern before I'm logged in? I wasn't sure what caused it so I un-rooted, reverted to stock, and did a factory reset. At that point there was no delay. I then rooted using CF-Auto-Root and the delay reappeared. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any fixes?

krakout

First of all, a word of warning to every newbie or not-so-noob out there: even though over the years I've rooted and flashed many, many devices, it seems I still haven't learned to read a whole thread. Lesson: I'm not as smart as I thought I was.

I blindly followed the OP guide and ended up with a FRP lock. What can I do now to recover my T580?

Also, I haven't managed to find out - how do I boot into recovery from power-off?

Thanks!
A total Samsung newb.

Last edited:

atomantmk

Jun 5, 2011
Strumica, Macedonia
If I root my device Galaxy Tab A (2016, 10.1, LTE) (SM-T585) will be everything erased or it stays like before?

I'm facing with Samsung for the first time in my life and I must to ask before I do some stupid thing!

Last edited:

atomantmk

Jun 5, 2011
Strumica, Macedonia
I'm trying to root my SM-T585 but without success.

Using latest ODIN version and CF-Auto-Root-gtaxllte-gtaxlltexx-smt585.tar but after first boot I see this on my screen:
Verification failed
Unable to restart your device. The integrity verification has failed.
You need to reset your device to factory default settings.
This will erase all your data.
RESET

What I'm doing wrong?!

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I'm trying to root my SM-T585 but without success.

Using latest ODIN version and CF-Auto-Root-gtaxllte-gtaxlltexx-smt585.tar but after first boot I see this on my screen:
Verification failed
Unable to restart your device. The integrity verification has failed.
You need to reset your device to factory default settings.
This will erase all your data.
RESET

What I'm doing wrong?!
Factory reset in recovery, immediately reboot to download mode, flash root.

krakout

Isn't this the problem related to not enabling third-party in Dev options? Or do I need more caffeine before offering suggestions?

If that's the one, you need to flash stock again, boot and enable that option, *then* proceed with recovery and rooting...

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Isn't this the problem related to not enabling third-party in Dev options? Or do I need more caffeine before offering suggestions?

If that's the one, you need to flash stock again, boot and enable that option, *then* proceed with recovery and rooting...
I think you mean /Developer options/OEM enable. But if that's the case, it is too late now, unless the Google login and password are known.

atomantmk

Jun 5, 2011
Strumica, Macedonia
I have OEM enabled and USB Debugging too but when I flash custom recovery from TWRP application or ODIN phone want to boot.
After erasing all data once again root install over ODIN and now I have rooted tablet without recovery.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I have OEM enabled and USB Debugging too but when I flash custom recovery from TWRP application or ODIN phone want to boot.
After erasing all data once again root install over ODIN and now I have rooted tablet without recovery.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
If you allow the tablet to re-boot to the system, it will just re-write to stock recovery and erase TWRP. To prevent this, before clicking the Start button in Odin to flash TWRP, click on Options and uncheck the auto-reboot option. Then click Start and let it flash. Now, hold the Vol down, Home and Power buttons for about ten seconds. As soon as the screen goes black, and you must be fast, switch your finger from the Vol down to Vol up and wait for the Samsung logo to appear. When it does, release the Power button while still pressing Home and Vol up. This will cause the tablet to boot to TWRP and you're good to go.

MindTrix

Sep 15, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Tripping knox is when you flash a modified boot or recovery img file, I happen to have the ENG BOOT image for the T-580 series and I think adding SU through ADB might work and not trip anything.. its late but I will try to flash this boot.img file on the wife's tab A, if it works I can then root but I am going to download stock firmware first and it might take awhile, sammobile is not real fast. will post what I find out...

joeblond999

Jul 30, 2008
I tryed to root my t580. But i can not enter recovery after cf-autoroot passed.
after a lot of tries i switched the fingers that pressed the power and volume keys and found out that there was a small red warning text (that was coverd by my hand before)

"recovery is not seandroid enforcing"

The tablet boots normal after that but i can not get root. after rebooting i am able to get to recovery but never after flashing cf- autoroot

My device has the following firmware: NRD90M.T580XXU2BRB2

I used this cf-autoroot (i changed no buttons or messed with any setttings while generating):

Filename:
cfar_samsung_sm-t580_gtaxlwifixx_nrd90m.t580xxu2brb2_t0.zip
Size:
30 786 352 bytes
MD5:
cc08516048d6bfcdf567c21c6acc7d23
SHA1:
cefd2f8b68a630adf1c1f1f0480d8ff73f5d77d6

I would be very happy if you can help me.
thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROOT][SM-T580/585&all Tabs A][CF-AUTO-ROOT][Simplest method to get ROOT & TWRP ]

This is old method, not actual now. Please don't use it. Try to install magisk via TWRP.

For owners SM-T585 and SM-T580 : you can use this method https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-a/themes/mod-twrp-odin-t3650215

Hi folks . Dear @Chainfire update your CF-Auto-Root base and now we get opportunity to have root with the simplest method ! It works now on 6.0 and 7.0 stock firmwares . Sorry but knox is tripped .
    Now this works on SM-T580 , SM-T585
    Complete list you can see on https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ .

HOW INSTALL :

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS
    All downloads contain .tar.md5 files flashable in ODIN as AP.

Make sure your device is in ODIN download mode (usually you can get there by holding VolDown+Home+Power when the device is turned off), then start the included Odin file, press the AP button, select the .tar.md5 file, and click Start. You can find more detailed instructions and assistance at XDA.

A modified recovery and cache partition will be flashed, which will install (only) SuperSU, then clean-up the cache partition and re-flash the stock recovery.

For the root to work, the device must reboot into recovery. Most devices will do this automatically after flashing these files, but in case that does not happen, please boot into recovery manually.

After it, TWRP is installed via the official application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.twrp.twrpapp&hl= very easy.

DOWNLOADS:

For 7.0 OS :
    SM-T580
    SM-T585
    For 6.0 OS :
    SM-T585 Not links , only my archiv
    SM-T580 https://desktop.firmware.mobi/device:752

Update
    Dear @Chainfire updated his thread CF-AUTO-ROOT and moved his repository to the new Firmware mobi site. Now you can configure your cf-auto-root for a specific firmware. More details and exactly on the site itself.

New links from firmware.mobi
    For all OS.
    For SM-T580
    For SM-T585
    Guide is inside archive. Read necessarily.
    hello friend' s
    help me for root this tab a t585 with build number: NRD90M.T585XXU2BQI9.
    sorry for my english :D

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

hello friend' s
    help me for root this tab a t585 with build number: NRD90M.T585XXU2BQI9.
    sorry for my english :D

hi friend . i have your same tablet and the same problem after root with odin.
    Which filem have you used to root the tablet nougat 585? and how have you configured odin to make root?
    Thank you.
    could you link me the correct file?

Open link from OP. Select your firmware . In a bottom of page click CF-AUTO-ROOT. Configure by default and get file. Readme file into archive.
    Sorry I do not know what you mean by OP, but I found this and is exactly what I needed: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/android-basics-root-with-cf-auto-root-0167401/
    Hi,

T580, 7.0, kernel 3.18.14-12479655, build NRD90M. T580UEU2BQL1

I have enabled OEM unlock.

I downloaded CF-Auto-Root-gtaxlwifi-gtaxlwifixx-smt580.tar.md5, Run Odin 3.10.6, Put the md5 file in AP slot. The Options tab has Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time enabled by default. Pressed Start. The process went through and I can see the CF Auto Root log in the screen. When it finished, it rebooted. But I got the verification error below

Verification failed

Unable to restart your device. The integrity verification has failed. You need to reset your device to factory default settings. This will erase all your data.

At the bottom is the reset button. I really don't want to lose all the data. Is there any way to recover?

Or is there any way to connect to the tablet to retrieve some file? There is just one folder I really need but it needs root.

I tried to boot into recovery. It shows a logo and "installing system update". A few seconds later the logo tilted and says "no command" and it entered into recovery.

At the top:
    Android Recovery
    samsung/gtaxlwifixx/gtaxlwifi
    7.0/NRD90M/T580XXU2BQE7 ---- this is different from my build version T580UEU2BQL1
    user/release-keys

At the bottom
    Successfully verify for dmverify hash tree
    E:failed to find /misc partition

I wiped the cache and rebooted. Same verification error.

I then used https://desktop.firmware.mobi/device:752 to configure an CF-AUTO-ROOT package, download it, and Odin flash it again. When it reboot, I can see the red line on top:
    RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
    It did not go through the script and the device boots normally with the verification error.

Please help

Thanks
    Flash the stock recovery from firmware.mobi to get your device booting then install twrp and root with magisk.