[ROOT][SM-T580/585&all Tabs A][CF-AUTO-ROOT][Simplest method to get ROOT & TWRP ]

Search This thread

joeblond999

Jul 30, 2008
I tryed to root my t580. But i can not enter recovery after cf-autoroot passed.
after a lot of tries i switched the fingers that pressed the power and volume keys and found out that there was a small red warning text (that was coverd by my hand before)

"recovery is not seandroid enforcing"

The tablet boots normal after that but i can not get root. after rebooting i am able to get to recovery but never after flashing cf- autoroot

My device has the following firmware: NRD90M.T580XXU2BRB2

I used this cf-autoroot (i changed no buttons or messed with any setttings while generating):

Filename:
cfar_samsung_sm-t580_gtaxlwifixx_nrd90m.t580xxu2brb2_t0.zip
Size:
30 786 352 bytes
MD5:
cc08516048d6bfcdf567c21c6acc7d23
SHA1:
cefd2f8b68a630adf1c1f1f0480d8ff73f5d77d6

I would be very happy if you can help me.
thanks

--> i rooted with other method. installed magsik. worked fine.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RQNJfpBMs0)

Last edited:

AnThOnY92"

May 20, 2012
Ragusa
I answer myself, yes.
Using CF-Auto-Root with USB debugging and OEM Unlock enabled i received message "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING" without going into recovery anymore so i did so:
1. Install the file twrp-3.2.1-0-gtaxlwifi.img.tar (Then the Wi-Fi version) via Odin, deselecting the entry for Auto Reboot before flash;
2. Enter recovery and perform full reset for full memory problem;
3. Copied inside the internal memory (which has quietly opened me from PC), in the TWRP folder Magisk v16.0.zip;
4. Flash of the Magisk v16.0.zip file always from TWRP.
It all works perfectly

Last edited:

SSThing

Jan 16, 2012
Does anyone know if there is a one click root for this device that works? I have no access to a pc or laptop.
Thank you.

SGT John Doe

May 9, 2011
Did not wotk om my T580. After flash and reboot the tablet claimed that it could not verify the version and it needed to recover.

Statee

Aug 9, 2018
London
I signed up to XDA because I am having real trouble getting TWRP to work on my SM-T585. It's running the latest version of Android 7.0, supplied by Samsung.

I can get the old CF Root method to Root successfully, but the new method does not seem to do anything except disable stock recovery.

When I install TWRP via Odin, it installs perfectly fine, but as soon as it enters TWRP via anyway; Auto-Reboot from Odin, turning of Auto Reboot and then going into recovery manually, installing TWRP then going into OS and then powering off, then going into TWRP... They all fail and I end up with a weird graphical-like glitch, that I cannot explain... It's like the Tablet has been dropped and the IPS panel is broken. Yet it's not even two days old from being opened from factory seal. I don't know how I can word this, it's like the GUI is overly stretched and doesn't fit the display. Yet the display works fine everywhere else, just TWRP. I have tried so many many TWRP version's, for WiFi and LTE, S Pen models too, some version's don't boot which is expected, but I cannot get any version of TWRP to display correctly. TWRP does work underneath the lines, as when I interact with the screen it does change the line's color or uniformity.

Any ideas, will be much appreciated. I just cannot find this online anywhere that I look.
(I've attached pictures also).

https://imgur.com/a/yUGBIqE

https://imgur.com/a/iAV2iX7

https://imgur.com/a/fgpFfDq

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I signed up to XDA because I am having real trouble getting TWRP to work on my SM-T585. It's running the latest version of Android 7.0, supplied by Samsung.

I can get the old CF Root method to Root successfully, but the new method does not seem to do anything except disable stock recovery.

When I install TWRP via Odin, it installs perfectly fine, but as soon as it enters TWRP via anyway; Auto-Reboot from Odin, turning of Auto Reboot and then going into recovery manually, installing TWRP then going into OS and then powering off, then going into TWRP... They all fail and I end up with a weird graphical-like glitch, that I cannot explain... It's like the Tablet has been dropped and the IPS panel is broken. Yet it's not even two days old from being opened from factory seal. I don't know how I can word this, it's like the GUI is overly stretched and doesn't fit the display. Yet the display works fine everywhere else, just TWRP. I have tried so many many TWRP version's, for WiFi and LTE, S Pen models too, some version's don't boot which is expected, but I cannot get any version of TWRP to display correctly. TWRP does work underneath the lines, as when I interact with the screen it does change the line's color or uniformity.

Any ideas, will be much appreciated. I just cannot find this online anywhere that I look.
(I've attached pictures also).
No pictures.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
I honestly did not realize, I had to have a minimum of 10 posts to post URL/IMG's. I've updated it now and it's just IMGUR links, nothing else I can do.

Thanks for replying though.
It looks like the kernel twrp is using is not compatible with the bootloader of the firmware you are running.

Which firmware build is your device running and the latest version of TWRP you have tried?

Statee

Aug 9, 2018
London
It looks like the kernel twrp is using is not compatible with the bootloader of the firmware you are running.

Which firmware build is your device running and the latest version of TWRP you have tried?

Latest firmware for the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 LTE (BRF1) Official. Also TWRP versions from 3.1.1-0 to 3.2.3-0. Both versions that I could find (modified LTE) and WiFi.

Any ideas? I could try? The bootloader is just Stock.

My setup is basically stock everything, even OS, and then I tried the CF method installing Official TWRP app then flashing from there, alongside without CF.

Anything you need to know more of? Let me know. I appreciate you helping, I literally for the life of me could not figure it out, and it was so confusing why haha.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Latest firmware for the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 LTE (BRF1) Official. Also TWRP versions from 3.1.1-0 to 3.2.3-0. Both versions that I could find (modified LTE) and WiFi.

Any ideas? I could try? The bootloader is just Stock.

My setup is basically stock everything, even OS, and then I tried the CF method installing Official TWRP app then flashing from there, alongside without CF.

Anything you need to know more of? Let me know. I appreciate you helping, I literally for the life of me could not figure it out, and it was so confusing why haha.
I take it TWRP worked previously before updating the firmware?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROOT][SM-T580/585&all Tabs A][CF-AUTO-ROOT][Simplest method to get ROOT & TWRP ]

This is old method, not actual now. Please don't use it. Try to install magisk via TWRP.

For owners SM-T585 and SM-T580 : you can use this method https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-a/themes/mod-twrp-odin-t3650215

Hi folks . Dear @Chainfire update your CF-Auto-Root base and now we get opportunity to have root with the simplest method ! It works now on 6.0 and 7.0 stock firmwares . Sorry but knox is tripped .
    Now this works on SM-T580 , SM-T585
    Complete list you can see on https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ .

HOW INSTALL :

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS
    All downloads contain .tar.md5 files flashable in ODIN as AP.

Make sure your device is in ODIN download mode (usually you can get there by holding VolDown+Home+Power when the device is turned off), then start the included Odin file, press the AP button, select the .tar.md5 file, and click Start. You can find more detailed instructions and assistance at XDA.

A modified recovery and cache partition will be flashed, which will install (only) SuperSU, then clean-up the cache partition and re-flash the stock recovery.

For the root to work, the device must reboot into recovery. Most devices will do this automatically after flashing these files, but in case that does not happen, please boot into recovery manually.

After it, TWRP is installed via the official application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.twrp.twrpapp&hl= very easy.

DOWNLOADS:

For 7.0 OS :
    SM-T580
    SM-T585
    For 6.0 OS :
    SM-T585 Not links , only my archiv
    SM-T580 https://desktop.firmware.mobi/device:752

Update
    Dear @Chainfire updated his thread CF-AUTO-ROOT and moved his repository to the new Firmware mobi site. Now you can configure your cf-auto-root for a specific firmware. More details and exactly on the site itself.

New links from firmware.mobi
    For all OS.
    For SM-T580
    For SM-T585
    Guide is inside archive. Read necessarily.
    hello friend' s
    help me for root this tab a t585 with build number: NRD90M.T585XXU2BQI9.
    sorry for my english :D

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

hello friend' s
    help me for root this tab a t585 with build number: NRD90M.T585XXU2BQI9.
    sorry for my english :D

hi friend . i have your same tablet and the same problem after root with odin.
    Which filem have you used to root the tablet nougat 585? and how have you configured odin to make root?
    Thank you.
    could you link me the correct file?

Open link from OP. Select your firmware . In a bottom of page click CF-AUTO-ROOT. Configure by default and get file. Readme file into archive.
    Sorry I do not know what you mean by OP, but I found this and is exactly what I needed: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/android-basics-root-with-cf-auto-root-0167401/
    Hi,

T580, 7.0, kernel 3.18.14-12479655, build NRD90M. T580UEU2BQL1

I have enabled OEM unlock.

I downloaded CF-Auto-Root-gtaxlwifi-gtaxlwifixx-smt580.tar.md5, Run Odin 3.10.6, Put the md5 file in AP slot. The Options tab has Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time enabled by default. Pressed Start. The process went through and I can see the CF Auto Root log in the screen. When it finished, it rebooted. But I got the verification error below

Verification failed

Unable to restart your device. The integrity verification has failed. You need to reset your device to factory default settings. This will erase all your data.

At the bottom is the reset button. I really don't want to lose all the data. Is there any way to recover?

Or is there any way to connect to the tablet to retrieve some file? There is just one folder I really need but it needs root.

I tried to boot into recovery. It shows a logo and "installing system update". A few seconds later the logo tilted and says "no command" and it entered into recovery.

At the top:
    Android Recovery
    samsung/gtaxlwifixx/gtaxlwifi
    7.0/NRD90M/T580XXU2BQE7 ---- this is different from my build version T580UEU2BQL1
    user/release-keys

At the bottom
    Successfully verify for dmverify hash tree
    E:failed to find /misc partition

I wiped the cache and rebooted. Same verification error.

I then used https://desktop.firmware.mobi/device:752 to configure an CF-AUTO-ROOT package, download it, and Odin flash it again. When it reboot, I can see the red line on top:
    RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
    It did not go through the script and the device boots normally with the verification error.

Please help

Thanks
    Flash the stock recovery from firmware.mobi to get your device booting then install twrp and root with magisk.