• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT] Stock Galaxy S3 BootAnimation (Shutdown Animation added)

Search This thread

ant987

Dec 10, 2011
Hey guys! I just want to share this with you! I just wanted the original Galaxy S3 bootanimation and shutdown animation on my Galaxy S2, however as you know the S3 has a bigger resolution! Fortunately, I managed to extract them from the S3 Mini Firmware, which instead has exactly the same resolution as our S2.

Of course you need ROOT and I remind you that this has been tested only on Stock 4.0.4, so I don't know if it will work in other ROMS.

Of course you need ROOT and I remind you that this has been tested only on Stock 4.0.4, so I don't know if it will work in other ROMS.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download both the zip files and extract them.
2) Copy the files "bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg" to System/Media
3) Copy the file "shutdown.qmg" to System/Media/Video/Shutdown
4) Reebot and Enjoy :)

Attachments

• GS3_BootAnim.zip
    891.3 KB · Views: 9,593
  • GS3_ShutAnim.zip
    292.7 KB · Views: 6,832
Last edited:

ant987

Dec 10, 2011
EDIT: Added Shutdown Animation in the first post. Follow the instructions! :)

so anyone have tested ?
will this work with XWLPX 4.0.4 deodexed ? or only odexed ???:rolleyes:

I tested it in XWLPY and XWLPX, both Stock Odexed ROM, so I can't tell you but I assume it will work also in deodexed! You can do a nandroid backup and then restore it if it doesn't work :)

I cant find system,media with my files app in s2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Are you using stock file browser? I suggest you use Root Explorer, to see System files and directories.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys! I just want to share this with you! I just wanted the original Galaxy S3 bootanimation and shutdown animation on my Galaxy S2, however as you know the S3 has a bigger resolution! Fortunately, I managed to extract them from the S3 Mini Firmware, which instead has exactly the same resolution as our S2.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) Download both the zip files and extract them.
    2) Copy the files "bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg" to System/Media
    3) Copy the file "shutdown.qmg" to System/Media/Video/Shutdown
    4) Reebot and Enjoy :)
    Is it me or are there no screenshots?

I don't know, I can see them! :)

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 with Tapatalk 2